What do wheels go for?

Had lots of people interested in some parts of mine. What do wheels go for? A set of mud flaps missing one of the fronts in decent shape?

Lets say decent condition, no visible bends or rash and I believe non refurbed. They're all off 87's and one set on my 86

wheels depend on condition, however VASTLY depend on if they are 16x7/16x8 or 16x8/16x9

Lets say decent condition, no visible bends or rash and I believe non refurbed. They're all off 87's and one set on my 86

I think the point he was making was the sizes...not the model year. Stock rims are 16 X 7 inches fronts, and 16 X 8 inches rears. The SHP rims are 16 X 8 fronts, and 16 X 9 rears. Which ones do you have?

If your mudflaps are for a widebody, they go for some good cash (as in $500+!!) depending on the condition. The mudflaps are known to have the nuts that are embedded in them for mounting to the qtr panel rot away, plus the rubber gets a lot of stress cracks in them from tapping curbs, etc. Have the mudflaps ever been painted over?

As for the wheels; I've seen them go from free all the way up to $300 a wheel. Again depends on the condition and wheel type.

kev

I believe I have 2 sets of the narrower ones and a set of the wider ones. The mud flaps are original grey plastic in decent shape. Unfortunately the driver front is missing.

I believe I have 2 sets of the narrower ones and a set of the wider ones. The mud flaps are original grey plastic in decent shape. Unfortunately the driver front is missing.

well...that narrows it down a bit, ill just assume you mean 16x7 and 16x8

Maybe for a set of bent up road rashed ones. They're worth that in scrap weight without the hassle of shipping.

• 3 weeks later...

how is the clear coat? that's going to be a key issue because that dictates whether someone needs to refinish them or just mount em' and go.

16x7 generally aren't worth much. 50 to 75 a wheel if in good shape.

16x8 non shp usually go for 75 to 125 per wheel if good to better

16x8 shp 100 to 150

i bought a pair of 16x8 non shp for $75 bucks for both, but they needed to be sandblasted and they had some curb scrapeage.

well take a ruler and measure inside to inside of the wheel and you will know you have 7 and 8 inch rims.

do not measure outside edge to outside edge. unless you have tires on them then look on the inside of the

spokes. it will say 16X7 i beleive and rears are 16X 8 unless you have an 88 - 89 SHP.

I think the point he was making was the sizes...not the model year. Stock rims are 16 X 7 inches fronts, and 16 X 8 inches rears. The SHP rims are 16 X 8 fronts, and 16 X 9 rears. Which ones do you have?

If theyre off of an 86' and 87' (assuming they are the factory wheels) than the year does have something to do with them. 8's/9's were only offered in 88'/89' model years

Chad-