newer car suggestions

Rah Dude

I'm in the market for a car between 2004 - 2008. anyone got any suggestions? been looking at g35s and wrx sti but can't find one for a good enough price so I'm widening my selections. I dont really want anything fwd and would prefer rwd but awd is an option too. looking to spend between 10-20k

Ive suggested this to a few guys on here, but an 05-09 legacy gt. They have the 2.5 turbo motor, and are great cars. I love mine. Its like a more refined wrx.

Here's a nice one in atlanta (not sure how far that is from you)

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/3721544799.html

With the stage 2 setup (he has that, exhaust and accessport) these things are just monsters. I've had mine for a little over a year, and have literally driven it across the country, as well as every day since then, with no real issues.

The only downside is the mpgs and that it takes premium. But, i think thats to be expected of any turbo car.

I drive an 08 4wd Tacoma 4dr. It gets ok mileage (around 19-20). I love it and have had no problems with it. Great power for a v-6. Every man should have a truck in their stable if they can. Here's mine:

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/BC_99/20130509_193108_zpse4845713.jpg

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/BC_99/20130509_193121_zps885f6bac.jpg

BC_99

You looking to buy cash or you're gonna finance? Makes a world of difference. You don't get much car if you finance, dealers take the prices sky high and stick you on the interest.

15k cash will get you a whole lot of car, 15k financed not so much.

I like them cars I'll look for em around here. my step dad just got a '11 Toyota tundra that thing will fly.

I'm lookin to finance through my bank. 2005 and up cars will have lower interest for me. got a loan quote for a 2001 s2000 and the interest was way high. 11.9% $450 a month for 24 months. and I'm not looking to buy from a dealer

You looking to buy cash or you're gonna finance? Makes a world of difference. You don't get much car if you finance, dealers take the prices sky high and stick you on the interest.

Very true...

I like them cars I'll look for em around here. my step dad just got a '11 Toyota tundra that thing will fly.

I'm lookin to finance through my bank. 2005 and up cars will have lower interest for me. got a loan quote for a 2001 s2000 and the interest was way high. 11.9% $450 a month for 24 months. and I'm not looking to buy from a dealer

If you get the loan from your bank and go to buy with $100 bills or a bank check, you will get alot more car for your money like Louswheel said. Best of luck in your search! I always enjoy shopping for a vehicle...I guess thats why I have 4 cars, 4 trucks, and an SUV...

BC_99

Edited by BC_99

That Legacy has had work by AllPro - so, I'd trust it - I live by them, and have all my work done by AllPro - awesome set of guys.

Hmm, I mean, you didnt specificy auto or manual, so why not just grab some sort of Lexus IS300 or something? Make for a nice daily.

Newer camaro all the way. Even the V6 are fun they are around 310 HP, and there are sick turbo and SC kits.... but not much good data on exactly what they will take.

The only thing I could knock the car on.... and what stoped me from buying one. The useless back seat, and all the stupid typical GM plastic parts / trim inside.... there was NO way I was giving them 34K for a plastic inside like that.

Edited by jszucs

Is this because the dealer has to pay a cut to the financier/bank? Otherwise 15K cash or 15K on paper is the same I would think.

Is this because the dealer has to pay a cut to the financier/bank? Otherwise 15K cash or 15K on paper is the same I would think.

That's not really how dealer finance / floor plans work. Atleast for more then a mom and pops type dealer who would actuly have a floor plan. The floor plans are negociated as a large "package" of loans if you will. This allows the dealer a large loan they get one rate for, and then break up into smaller loans for the customer, already having the bank as a buyer for them.

Some dealers are also financed / floor planed though the car companys financl devision, but that sucks for them as they force them to take shipments of cars need them or not then.

No, it's because the dealer is gonna get religious on you with the Blue Book. A 15 thousand dollar dealer car may be a 10-11 thousand dollar car outside with private seller.

dealers jack the prices up too high in my opinion then you have to pay all the taxes and fees and fill out a bunch of paperwork.

anyways I found a 2005 g35 6speed with 98,000 miles for 13k. the guy is faxing the title to the bank in the morning and I'm going to call Monday and see what kind of loan I can get for it. I have a little bit of money saved up and my car for sale just incase they don't give me enough.

I think 13k is a little too much but I've looked everywhere and for the amount of miles and condition it's in its the cheapest one I could find.

I'm in the market for a car between 2004 - 2008. anyone got any suggestions? been looking at g35s and wrx sti but can't find one for a good enough price so I'm widening my selections. I dont really want anything fwd and would prefer rwd but awd is an option too. looking to spend between 10-20k

Do you like sleepers? Get a regular WRX wagon. Not into sleepers? Get a regular WRX. You can make a regular (or wagon) WRX as fast as an STi for low cost, and have a dead reliable daily driver.

Keith

I love the sky's but none was on craigslist and not really into mustangs that much unless it's a gt500 and that's out of the question lol

I like the wrx but that'd be the last thing I'd want because of 4door, got a couple friends with no cars and that's just screaming "hey look I'm a taxi" I try to keep my backseat packed now to keep that from happening lol

My cousin just got a 2013 wrx with 9 miles for 26,000. Sorry I didn't see your price range but he liked it more than his 2008 daytona charger and the 2011 challenger and 2012 camaro ss he tested. The wrx handling is pretty crazy...

It sounds like you're looking for something more performance oriented, but if you are just looking for something that is cheap and reliable, look into Kia. They've really stepped up their game since 06 after getting one of Audi's big designers. We've had 2 of them since 2010, and really like them a lot. The 2010 Forte Koup we had was pretty quick overall... I whooped up on some Vtec Civics a few times with it. With the Kias, we've been able to have new cars with 100,000 mile warranties, and have our payments under $300-350 a month.

I probably wouldn't get one if I was looking for something performance oriented, but for a good cheap, reliable, daily driver, you really can't beat the price.