1JZ-GTE swap in progress

19cturbo

I need to get next to one of these swap cars and see what they're all about. I'm tempted to jump ship.

You've never been around the swapped cars? You need to hit up Charlie's meets more often ;)

Sadly enough ... they are sick

JZ power -2, mitsubishi axles - 0.

for some reason i broke another left side axle, im not sure what the deal is here, but im going to put my spare rear end in it and see if that changes anything..

Soon my friend. Soon.

No rush man, I know you're busy just like me.

Dale u should come down OCmd Perez and Matt cars are insane

I really wish I could Joe, I'm working 6 days a week now and barely have time to eat, let alone enjoy life... Get us some good pics and videos if you can while you're down there.

You've never been around the swapped cars? You need to hit up Charlie's meets more often ;)

Sadly enough ... they are sick

Nope, never seen a 2J swap in person.

JZ power -2, mitsubishi axles - 0.

for some reason i broke another left side axle, im not sure what the deal is here, but im going to put my spare rear end in it and see if that changes anything..

Needs 6 bolts duder

• 2 weeks later...

I did my trans tunnel the same way you did yours with the bottle jack! I was planning to go at it with hammers, grinders, sledge, whatever it took. And my dad handed me a bottle jack and said use this. So much easier, less abusive.

Swap looks great! I've had about every set back you can imagine, got laid off and had no money, shattered ankle going to be on crutches for like 3-4 months, and just plain ran out of steam when I did have the money and time and played with other stuff. My car runs and drives, just needs exhaust, alternator wired and a the nose put back together. The bumpers on but no fogs, grille, air dam etc.

I used the stock clutch and am really mad I did that now. I really dont want to have to pull the engine out to do the clutch but as you said Im not sure ill be able to pull the trans with the motor in. The way the clutch goes on you have to pull the trans like what a foot off the engine? No way I was getting that clearance.

I cant wait to drive mine though sounds like your loving yours!

Edited by yzrider

You will love it. it doesnt get much better than knowing its not going to fly apart, and you can just drive it..

i love driving mine every day!! even in the rain lol!

Edited by 19cturbo

Oh okay. Did you guys wire up m-rel pin? I was going to wire it up to power the fuel pump relay but i only have 1 volt. I heard you need to hook it up or ground it. With out it some ppl get a 5k rev limit and will not get engine codes out of it. Thanks for any help. I have the engine running already but its on an engine stand so not sure if i have it.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. We both ran the fuel pump direct. and I never hooked up the check engine light. Never needed to. I am on the 2j but thats just cause my harness is a POS.

Oh okay. Did you guys wire up m-rel pin? I was going to wire it up to power the fuel pump relay but i only have 1 volt. I heard you need to hook it up or ground it. With out it some ppl get a 5k rev limit and will not get engine codes out of it. Thanks for any help. I have the engine running already but its on an engine stand so not sure if i have it.

at first i did wire up that pin, and it caused my relay to act funny.. it made a strange buzzing noise. I used the factory output wire from the factory main relay, id have to double check but im pretty sure i unhooked it.. boho had never had it wired up to begin with on his setup. ive not ran into any issues.

And yes im running direct switched power to the pump, when the switch is on, the pump is on. but i did wire it through a toggle switch so that i can cut it off if i need to check other things with the switch on. I also have a relay for the fuel pump and 10ga wire running directly from the battery to the pump..

Little typeR honda and a turbo vw wanted to race last night so i went to watch, i was behind the two and almost killed my car pulling out lol.. but once i got her going hell i just passed them both.. not to bad for the little stock 1j. nothing fancy, just having fun..

from the vw view

from the honda

Edited by 19cturbo

• 1 month later...