NikoFab Front Air Dam Group Buy: GP Closed

NikoFab

I'm golden next week Pony Boy!!! Fo Sho.

Just realized you are in Corpus...you ever make it up to San Antonio? I'll be hauling my '86 down to Mark (Burton) in Seguin this spring to have him do the body and paint. We should all try to get together.

Hmm, I already have a good air dam but I'm considering this for a back up and to support the cause. Plus I wouldn't have to pay shipping! How soon do you think you'll be doing another run of these after this one?

Lol! I appreciate the support of the cause!

Unfortunately shipping would still be an issue...the fabricator is in Oregon. :( But the price point is still very good even with shipping.

This run will take a little bit to get all deposits together so there's some time if you're interested. Of course the faster we get deposits in, the faster the turn-around. As far as future runs go, to make it cost-effective, I'd have to do them in batches of 10 or more. So to answer your question, I'm probably looking at doing a run each year.

BTW, where in Houston are you? Sugar Land here.

Cheers,

Nick

Oh damn, didn't think about that. I'm on the west side just outside 610 right now but I'll be finding a house here in the next few months. I may get in on this run if I have an extra $270 before it closes but otherwise I'm sure I'll get in on another future one when I actually need another air dam, mine narrowly escaped a sure demise just last weekend lol. I think there will always be a market for these so at least one batch a year is almost guaranteed for you.

Oh damn, didn't think about that. I'm on the west side just outside 610 right now but I'll be finding a house here in the next few months. I may get in on this run if I have an extra $270 before it closes but otherwise I'm sure I'll get in on another future one when I actually need another air dam, mine narrowly escaped a sure demise just last weekend lol. I think there will always be a market for these so at least one batch a year is almost guaranteed for you.

No worries just let me know.

So galleria area? Memorial? Lots to do in those areas. We live out in the burbs for the kids' school system, but I work inside the loop.

It's about time to get the Houston members together again...maybe in the spring. You up for it?

Yea, Memorial area, I didn't think about what the area is called. Heck yea I am. I'll have the car down for a complete suspension overhaul here soon but hopefully we get a meet together before or after that. If it comes down to it I'll be the odd ball in a Mustang at a Starquest meet lol

Yea, Memorial area, I didn't think about what the area is called. Heck yea I am. I'll have the car down for a complete suspension overhaul here soon but hopefully we get a meet together before or after that. If it comes down to it I'll be the odd ball in a Mustang at a Starquest meet lol

LOL I hear you. About to start ripping mine apart and doing everything...complete paint (Burton), complete interior (Me), complete suspension (Me), MPI (scotty87star), going .40 over with an NJV Marnal (HMS in Rosenberg), and some custom odds and ends (Sartartia). Might as well do it right you know?

Even if the car isn't ready, it's still nice to get together with other members.

Edited by NikoFab

Just realized you are in Corpus...you ever make it up to San Antonio? I'll be hauling my '86 down to Mark (Burton) in Seguin this spring to have him do the body and paint. We should all try to get together.

i keep getting quotes for $8000 to paint my car.....at those prices it might be cheaper for me to ship the car to burton and back to ohio just to have him do it

2 quick questions

1. This will be a bolt-on replacement for the 3 piece on my 87?

2. Any estimate for shipping to 66503

I can very quickly be talked into one, my three piece is cracked, but with a possible deployment and car storage, I would like to have a replacement for when I get to making the outside pretty. Though this seems like a great paint ready buy to have after things calm down.

-noob

i keep getting quotes for $8000 to paint my car.....at those prices it might be cheaper for me to ship the car to burton and back to ohio just to have him do it

LOL! $8000 is way high, even for a commercial quote. Out of respect to Mark's business practices, I won't disclose what price we agreed on. But I will say that it would cost MUCH less for you to ship it to him and have him do it. The bonus being is that he does ridiculously good work, and has an obvious vested interest in making sure your SQ looks over-the-top great.

Cheers Craig,

Nick

2 quick questions

1. This will be a bolt-on replacement for the 3 piece on my 87?

2. Any estimate for shipping to 66503

I can very quickly be talked into one, my three piece is cracked, but with a possible deployment and car storage, I would like to have a replacement for when I get to making the outside pretty. Though this seems like a great paint ready buy to have after things calm down.

-noob

Hi Noob,

Thanks for the interest! To my knowledge, the 3 piece and the 1 piece have the same bolt mounting pattern. As such, it should directly replace the one you have.

As far as shipping, the estimate is currently somewhere between $70-90 Of course this will vary depending on distance. The fabricator is in Oregon (zip is 97218) if you'd like to get a test quote from FeDex. Box dimensions are 72X24X12 inches. Weight is approximately 15-20lbs.

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by NikoFab

LOL! $8000 is way high, even for a commercial quote. Out of respect to Mark's business practices, I won't disclose what price we agreed on. But I will say that it would cost MUCH less for you to ship it to him and have him do it. The bonus being is that he does ridiculously good work, and has an obvious vested interest in making sure your SQ looks over-the-top great.

Cheers Craig,

Nick

yeah...i remember reading a rough priceline of his various paint stages in a write up by him....but i can't seem to recall where i read it.....needless to say his higher end job, if my faulty memory serves correctly, is cheaper than the minimum job ive been quoted by 3 places so far...which is sad considering it would cost me at least 2k for back and forth shipping to texas

Edited by Walker

I lived in Boerne/ San Anto/Austin/ areas , I go there for the holidays and some weekend trips to see family in SA. I just PM'd Mark a week ago about this front end and his availability to do paint n body work as well LOL. I would be down to get together. I am in the process of trading out services for a Honda accord just so I can have another car to have mine painted lol hopefully through Mark......I want his wide mouth front end and his cowl hood. Already got his smoked foglight lens covers lol. So take the toll roads Niko and give me a call!! Have ya ever been down the Guadalupe river ????

Edited by traps

I lived in Boerne/ San Anto/Austin/ areas , I go there for the holidays and some weekend trips to see family in SA. I just PM'd Mark a week ago about this front end and his availability to do paint n body work as well LOL. I would be down to get together. I am in the process of trading out services for a Honda accord just so I can have another car to have mine painted lol hopefully through Mark......I want his wide mouth front end and his cowl hood. Already got his smoked foglight lens covers lol. So take the toll roads Niko and give me a call!! Have ya ever been down the Guadalupe river ????

Sounds good man. Been at least five years since i've floated the river...wonder how cold that thing is right now?!!! :lol:

Sounds good man. Been at least five years since i've floated the river...wonder how cold that thing is right now?!!! :lol:

I can go get a temp if you want. The Guadalupe crosses I10 about 2 miles from my house. I'm sure it's very cold tho... it just LOOKS cold driving by LOL.