CRUISIN' OCEAN CITY May 16-19

starquestJOE

• 3 weeks later...

It got hit pretty hard, but not as bad as jersey. It's pretty much all fixed now. I'm booking a a condo soon. If anyone want to go in with me and Ryan let me know. I'm thinkin a place I have stayed before and has parking for 5 cars and sleeps 8-10 people

If its only my family and Ryan ill be stayin in a much smaller place

• 2 weeks later...
I think this year we are actually going to enter whatever car we take in the show(s). Not so much because we feel we have a show car, but the parking aspect of it is really tempting. Finding a non-show parking spot at the inlet during the busy part of the day is pretty much impossible. Cruising is a blast and probably the best way to see most of the cars. But keep in mind that doing a full lap can easily take you an hour. In the fall we spent most of our time sitting on the balcony, drinking, and watching the cars cruise/race below us.
  • Like 1

I think this year we are actually going to enter whatever car we take in the show(s). Not so much because we feel we have a show car, but the parking aspect of it is really tempting. Finding a non-show parking spot at the inlet during the busy part of the day is pretty much impossible. Cruising is a blast and probably the best way to see most of the cars. But keep in mind that doing a full lap can easily take you an hour. In the fall we spent most of our time sitting on the balcony, drinking, and watching the cars cruise/race below us.

I agree half the fun is just sitting around watching the cars , and having a few beers...ive been going for years, last year was the first year i took my quest and it sat most of the time, the crew i go with (about 20 people)we rent a big house on the strip... usually ends up about 125$ each for wed-sun , cant beat it... i still pay my spot for the past 10 years even if i cant go

We've found a place that we really like at the Rivendell. It's not directly on the strip, but our place is on the 7th floor and it's pretty cool watching the cars run on the strip from up there.

The view from the front balcony.

3365_10152119065980391_1384520862_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kenmarrow
Hey All,, been a while since I been here... Just letting you all know that the car show is for cars 1976 and earlier. period. The car show is sold out each year with 3000 cars/trucks.. There will be twice that amount of other cars cruising the blvds. This place is crazy with cars of every description. You have to be here to understand it... I will be there as normal.. not with my car... too far to haul it and we take one of my brothers cars anyways. and my car is a 83 and cannot be entered..Someday :) it will.. But lets get together pick a location and a time.. I have seen you few of you out there cruisin. Lets say the burger king up around 140th st near Hooters show.. or where ever... just name it I will be there.. I am staying at the paradise inn on the boardwalk this year.. Lurking hehe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Little over a month away guys!

Lets starts planning a meet.

Where does everyone want to meet? It's goin to be a mad house everywhere but west OC. A lot of place to park and bs over there to start the day

Food? Buffet? Easy way to get a little something for everyone

Cruising? Good luck stayin together

After hours? ......

Parking lot hopping? Folding chairs and a cooler

Use to go every year w/ a hot rod, never been there w/ a Quest. Either hit bad weather, cold & windy most of the times, or it was just so crowded, it's hard to get around... unless you buy (1) of those mini-choppers to cruise with. Might come down on Sunday?... the last day, when everyone leaving??? (gotta work the other 6). Well... good luck & weather to those who go! ;)

hotel in booked. as of now i have room for 3 more poeple. if anyone wants to stay with me your more then welcome

we are stayin at the Carousel. we got a sweet that sleeps 8

How much? Me and my father are planning on going, but at this rate he will be taking the camper