Drift Footage

Scotty Dont

your such a tool, its cals way or the highway.. You wonder why everyone gangs up on poor ole cal, he is such a good guy and so insightful to everyone here, he only wants to help.. I cant understand why people would have things to say towards you. You bring it on yourself. You were the one who announced that you were going to pipe it down, and be more understanding of the general public. Maybe you should run for public office, you all seem to have alot in common. Maybe we dont understand why you talk so greatly about your car and how amazing it is but no one ever sees it.

Didnt you learn any manners growing up, if you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say anything at all..

your such a tool, its cals way or the highway.. You wonder why everyone gangs up on poor ole cal, he is such a good guy and so insightful to everyone here, he only wants to help.. I cant understand why people would have things to say towards you. You bring it on yourself. You were the one who announced that you were going to pipe it down, and be more understanding of the general public. Maybe you should run for public office, you all seem to have alot in common. Maybe we dont understand why you talk so greatly about your car and how amazing it is but no one ever sees it.

Didnt you learn any manners growing up, if you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say anything at all..

Drifting to me is a waste of a resource.......RUBBER!!! So, 19c. Why am I such a threat to you? I am only giving my opinion about things. Is that not what we do here in the B.S. Forum? Why hasn't anyone on here seen my car? O.K. Here's a picture. If you want to see it in person.....Come to Billings, Montana.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Dont fancy yourself, you dont threaten me at all.

Then, why when I give my opinion on any subject, do you get all bent out of shape and feel the need to personally attack me?

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Dont talk down about things you know NOTHING about... nor have the ablity to do.

Doesn't seem that hard at all to go around a track burning rubber while turning the steering wheel.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Im not out of shape at all, your the one who always makes post about being picked on, and how your going to be better with the community... but its just false promises and empty hopes. i dont see why you always have to voice you "opinion" but if someone tries to counter you get defensive and explain why your is right, we know your always right, but sometimes maybe you should just leave things alone. your comments are unnecessary and uncalled for, there is no need to talk down to others for what they like.

Im not out of shape at all, i dont see why you always have to voice you "opinion"

Why not? Your doing it now about your feelings towards me. I'm I not entitled to do the same thing. Or are only you and others allowed that privilege.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

ill buy your tires if you can do it, if your engine is as solid as you say it is there should be no worry there.

Wouldn't even try it without a Windage tray and Oil pan baffles.And some of you wonder why your engines go south because of drifting.It's really not that hard to figure out.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

lol, again, if everyone wanted to put around with their cars we wouldnt be here.. launching your car off of the line and staying in the throttle has the same affect on the oil.. it sloshes to the back, not in the pan anymore.

Doesn't seem that hard at all to go around a track burning rubber while turning the steering wheel.

Bill

wow. your right.... thats...all it is. You know whats harder? Going straight...., shift, go straight, shift... go straight. THAT takes skill. Especially in your 15 sec car.

Excuse me while I lighten my car so that my engine will make more horse power. lol

Someone really needs to cool it in the whole oil pan baffle thing. Really speak your you have done it and seen negative results. I have a starion and a CTS-V LS6 and neither have had any problems from 15 second power slides or 45 second high revving sliding runs. I also rally raced a H6 impreza for 2 minute runs sideways rev limiter the entire time.

Now, this whole it doesn't take skill thing is a joke. Anyone can punch it leaving a light or stop sign and get a little squirrly. Coming through a corner at 40-80mph off and on throttle controlling the slide is incredibly more difficult than most can fathome. Try it, in any car. Film it. Post results.

Who knows. Perhaps you could be surprised. Or surprise others.

I would rather go fast in a forward direction!!! Instead of burning up a perfectly good set of tires going sideways, sloshing Engine oil side to side not allowing the pick up tube to pick up the alloted amount of oil as to not spin a Rod or Main Bearing. I still, to this day can't see why you guys do it (drifting). Doesn't get me off?. Maybe you guys need to race each other outright, instead of wasting tires and engines going sideways???

Bill

Don't hate the player hate the game..... Those are all things that can be compensated for, and or just buy new. And as for a solid reason.... Drift is one of the last motor sports left that a joe smoe could break into without billions behind them, or growing up racing and driving school.

Mad driving skills... keep it up.

Drifting to me is a waste of a resource.......RUBBER!!! So, 19c. Why am I such a threat to you? I am only giving my opinion about things. Is that not what we do here in the B.S. Forum? Why hasn't anyone on here seen my car? O.K. Here's a picture. If you want to see it in person.....Come to Billings, Montana.

Bill

Racing eats up gas and rubber so you said race and that is also a waste of resources. you could make the arguemnt that chating on the board is, or really anything at some level even breathing or eating should we stop?

Now back on topic here..... AWSOME DRIVING ..... maybe some day for me.

Edited by jszucs

^ see now don't go the other way..... Drag racing takes skill.....Phil has come a long way with his timing and setup. If there were no skill needed you would run the fastest possible time evertime....With a stick car thats just not going to happen.

Ok let me throw this curve ball in there then. If you were to build a robot to drive a car..... which would be harder to build a robot for? A drag race, or a drift run?

Personally I think all driving done well even OK takes some serious skill.... This includes just point A to point B driving.

Edited by jszucs

x2 , drag racing takes A LOT of skill ,car set-up , tire pressures ,reaction times , launching without wheel hop or tire spin especially with a manual trans ,i could go on and on , lots of factors involved in getting down the 1/8 or the 1/4 as fast as you can , way harder than it looks.

My car is between 350 and 400hp to the wheels, the only cars that were as fast or faster then me were running v8s as well. The green s14 has a big cam 5.0 and is very lite. Comparing drag racing to drift is very stupid, both take lots of skill and time setting up the car but think about this, I can run with most of those guys down the strip but none will be able to keep up with me on course or even look as good as me doing it LOL

All show bro and no go woah!!

-Robert

I thought I said: "Going in a straight line, or Road Racing". Goes to show everyone does not read my entire posts.

P.S. I still think "Drifting" is a waste of a perfectly good set of tires and is HARD on engines.(Just ask Scotty Gibb) He has bought enough of them for parts lately (Drift Cars).

Also a member made a comment about "Drifting" being about the only affordable form of racing left for the novice Starquest owner. Well, so are SCCA sponsored Road Racing Timed events. Hell, We even have them here in Billings,Montana. For a small entry fee, you can race other drivers that are in your class in timed Road Races. To me, that is a lot more fun than trying to "mirror" what another Drift car is doing. I have watched Drifting on T.V., Looks like a game of "Follow the leader", instead of trying to make your own mark in Road or Drag Racing.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308