things you find in a starquest

88-cnqst-tsi

So am I the only one who has found a decomposed possum behind the back seat laying in a bed of maggot husks?

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/9601/imag0177i.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

On a completely separate note.... Anyone wanna buy some black interior pieces? CHEAP! lmao

dude the fricken nasty how bad did it smell

When I got my Starion it had a set of Cosmo sleeve coilovers, new in plastic hood release cable, and an SQC license plate frame in the trunk. That was a far cry better from what I found in my first Conquest... dirty panties stuffed down under the rear washer tank. They came frome someone very unslender.

When I cleaned trade-ins for a car dealer I saw all kinds of stuff.... fossilized frog, used condoms, dirty diapers, used toilet paper... all of it was pretty much gross stuff. Best stuff I ever found was $100 cash, a bag of weed, and some roaches.

that nasty stuff is nasty but the other stuff are great finds

That's gross yo!! It must have smelled, bad.

dude the fricken nasty how bad did it smell

Uhh, yeah it was a bit gnarly.

It really wasn't too bad unless you disturbed the corpse. I stripped the car anyway but I left the interior in there (of course). The worst part was pulling the E-brake cables because I was RIGHT there. It was strange how it smelled kind of sweet.... Weird huh? lol That was my dog's favorite car.... He'd stand downwind, sniff and lick his lips :P

PO stored a bamboo hood prop in the engine bay(we drove it home with it in the bay like that, it sat there just fine lol).

That's straight JDM hood prop yo. I might do that with mine.

So am I the only one who has found a decomposed possum behind the back seat laying in a bed of maggot husks?

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/9601/imag0177i.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

On a completely separate note.... Anyone wanna buy some black interior pieces? CHEAP! lmao

That what my parts car looked like when i got it. It had been sitting somewhere out side for to many years. The car stunk up my garage for two months while i could get it cleaned up. Animals must really favor the drivers side.

My best find was not in a StarQuest, but in a Dodge minivan.....

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/297071_291975270831363_324651657_n.jpg

dude thats farging crazy how much is it worth and you win sofar unless under the 100's theres a bunch of ones

$250,000

There were also 3 kilo's of heroine.

Sadly, I didn't get to keep any of this. It was a drug seizure vehicle at work. There were about 15 cops standing around while me and another mechanic at work tore it apart and found this stuff. Did get a nice little letter put in my "personnel file" though...lol

No competition with some of the others above, but I found a new condom along with a Polaroid picture of the previous owner with a girl that was not his wife.

I know if wasn't his wife because she was with him when he delivered the car.

I was tempted to mail them back to him, but decided to throw them in the trash.

I did fine a really nice gold necklace in a '78 Camaro I had.

Didn't find it until I was replacing a broken windshield.

i found a bunch of dead mice and nests in my '86. stunk for a long time, my girl wouldn't ride in it. my favorite is a 3 stone turquoise n stearling silver bracelet i found in the center console of a '83 formula firebird. 350 5 speed. $400 carb. needed rebuild... bracelet,$300-350 :-)

My coolest find was an in an old 1959 Cadillac convertible I'd bought. I was down on the floor under the dash working on the wiring and under the front edge of the carpet on top of the transmission hump was a 1959 quarter! I like to think someone stuck it there when the car was new.

Weirdest find: was under a 3-month old Chevette and found 3 vice grips holding pieces of metal together - also found a magnetic key box with keys in it (which did not belong to the owner),,,

injectors under the spare tire,1/4 inch ratchet with a 10mm socket under seat,misc bolts in the console,bunch of leaves...