StarQuest Spotted: '99 Cruel Intentions

At the beginning of the movie, when the Phillipe actor dude is driving his roadster, makes a u-turn to park. A cop is giving a ticket to a widebody StarQuest, a shetland beige I believe.

Odd how these cars appear randomly on film.

Picture/ movie car coordinators love StarQuest, it's gotta be the reason why they appear so much on film despite how obscure they are to the general public.

• 2 weeks later...

Both my parents found it odd how rare starquests are now, being that the car came out while they were in highschool they were a bit more common. I think after the 80's they disapeered.

From what I've heard they were common to see them about once a week into the early 90's but started really fizling out bey the mid 90's. I've heard stories from original owners remembering when there was a full line of conquest's in front of the Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth dealer when they were new, every color to choose from sometimes.

There is a shetland gold in 007 View to a Kill

following James Bond on his way to Stacey Sutton (Tanya Roberts)

house and then again it nearly runs into the ladder rig that James Bond steals with Ms Roberts as it goes through a red light intersection.

I'm not sure but I think the first one is a fatty and the second is a flatty... but they could be the same car.

There is a shetland gold in 007 View to a Kill

following James Bond on his way to Stacey Sutton (Tanya Roberts)

house and then again it nearly runs into the ladder rig that James Bond steals with Ms Roberts as it goes through a red light intersection.

I'm not sure but I think the first one is a fatty and the second is a flatty... but they could be the same car.

It looked like the same car to me, it seems to be the same color as jonboyb's flatty. I noticed it for the first time about a month ago when one of the channels had a Bond, James Bond marathon going on.

Jimmy

Haha... Lou was watching Cruel Intentions...

-Robert

Yeah. I was. Happens when you're married. Not that the wife was home when I was watching, but that's beside the point. lol

I heard there's one in Seinfeld.

yea theres like this goldish flatty, park on the side, it was shown quite often when they look at the appartment, i remember seeing it a couple of times

correction mybad its a widebod

http://www.imcdb.org/i310715.jpg

Edited by sayaovang dsm

Here in wisconsin ppl think they're spaceships lol nobody has ever seen them they think they're daytona's lol

or probes hahaha, but i like it wen ppl dont know and just wanna race ya cuz they like dam looks like a rave ccar or something, then they find its fast but not super fast haha

or probes hahaha, but i like it wen ppl dont know and just wanna race ya cuz they like dam looks like a rave ccar or something, then they find its

fast but not super fast haha

. Yup lol

yea theres like this goldish flatty, park on the side, it was shown quite often when they look at the appartment, i remember seeing it a couple of times

correction mybad its a widebod

http://www.imcdb.org/i310715.jpg

It's a longstanding "in" joke on the forum. :D