what cam is best

so im wonder what cam would be best for the setup i have..

New non jet valve head

HD springs

over sized SS valves

14b turbo TD05h Turbine

Weisco 8-1 forged pistons .030

1g maf

2.5 inch dp and exhaust

everything else engine wise is new

stock fuel system is in good working order

I have a wide band and aftermarket boost gauge already

im thinking that that 274 would be fine for what i have but your guys experience would be nice..

also anything i have left out in my rebuild that i may need

Edited by coryvodder

I wouldnt upgrade your cam yet IMO and I noticed you dont have exhaust system on your list(maybe just forgot it) But I would do that before anything else, and for sure dont want to upgrade cam without upgraded exhaust.

looks like by build bill just went down by about 120$.. thanx guys

the cams your looking at require you to mail in your cam, they grind them down. i had them make me a 294h, loved the sound, but had no bottom end (although it did make the 20g at idle sound like a jet, dont think the turbo liked how much air it got at idle lol)

again, best bet is the stock cam, there are dynos on this site somewhere on a page that compares cams to a stock cam with the same setup. you loose ALOT of torque going with a bigger cam, but gain a little hp, i dont think its worth loosing 100tq for 20hp

You guys are killing me :lol: I run a Roller cam set up and a TDO5H 17C with excellent results. To the poster: Contact Tim C. on this website about upgrading your camshaft. Also, if you plan on taking the 14b above stock boost levels....Upgrade your fuel set up.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

I wouldnt upgrade your cam yet IMO and I noticed you dont have exhaust system on your list(maybe just forgot it) But I would do that before anything else, and for sure dont want to upgrade cam without upgraded exhaust.

He is running a 2 1/2" exhaust system, Same as I am. Re-read his post ;)

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

He is running a 2 1/2" exhaust system, Same as I am. Re-read his post ;)

Bill

Pretty sure he added that after the post. While I do think it can run well with a roller setup like you have, I think its not really that much of an upgrade, the stock cam is not super bad like a lot of cars have stock. On a side note could run a roller stock setup like the later Magnas had, if you want stock but improved.

Pretty sure he added that after the post. While I do think it can run well with a roller setup like you have, I think its not really that much of an upgrade, the stock cam is not super bad like a lot of cars have stock. On a side note could run a roller stock setup like the later Magnas had, if you want stock but improved.

Tim C. makes a excellent Roller Cam for his set up, it kicks in at appox. 2500 rpms. Hell, I've run it up to 7000 rpms with a lighten flywheel without any valve float. I do agree with the poster needing a upgraded fuel set up.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Roller cams are nice! Cal sold me his 1.5 ratio roller rockerss for my aussie roller and its super smooth. On the way to and from the last meet in Little Rock I got over 30 mpg both ways and that's not strict freeway driving, part of that is the roller cam setup and part of that is other things I've done. I've got a Tim C cam on my MPI car as well, again super smooth running.

BUT don't expect miracles from a cam when you are running a tiny turbine.