need to buy a used 4 dr.sedan,whats a good choice?

j.quest

I was thinking of getting a late model Honda Accord or Toyota Camry,with a 4cyl or even a hybrid. I just dont want to deal with a car that needs to have the timing belt changed every 60 K. What do you guys suggest ? thanx in advance for your .2.

Yeah, price range will be key. But pretty much if you find a Toyota, Honda, or Nissan that fits your budget, you'll be golden. really any Jap car will be pretty good for ya, but I think those 3 have a little better reliability than all the other makes.

We've had a couple of Kias lately, and they've really stepped up their game. I wouldn't get anything older than 08 ish tho, because before that they weren't quite as good. Ever since they scored on of Audi's engineers, they have really been puting out some nice looking, quality cars, for cheap. You may be able to find one a few years old that still has lots of warranty left.

Honda and Toyota sedans typically use timing belts which need to be changed at regular intervals. Nissan sedans usually use timing chains, which are not supposed to be replaced. Look at a used Maxima or Altima.

^^^^^I was about to post the same thing^^^^^^

If you guys are not scared to own a conquest why would you worry about a timing belt. Just do it and drive your accord or Camry for a million miles LOL.

Just don't overheat them.

05-07 ford focus st. Has the 2.3 instead of the 2.0 and still gets 32 on the high way but has enough power to play with and suprise alot of cars that dont expect it to. I love mine!

That's not bad.........

Our Audi has timing chains that aren't supposed to wear out, and it gets 28MPG on the highway. Granted, that's a bit lower than 32............but it's also AWD and has 335hp.

I wouldn't recommend one to somone on a tight budget, though.

Turborusty

That's not bad.........

Our Audi has timing chains that aren't supposed to wear out, and it gets 28MPG on the highway. Granted, that's a bit lower than 32............but it's also AWD and has 335hp.

I wouldn't recommend one to somone on a tight budget, though.

Turborusty

What do the Audi guys say about their tensioners? and is it cramped in the engine bay? My luck every time i see an Audi in a shop the entire front end is off exposing the entire motor! id rather do a timing belt on a 4 banger Honda than deal with that IMO.

What do the Audi guys say about their tensioners? and is it cramped in the engine bay? My luck every time i see an Audi in a shop the entire front end is off exposing the entire motor! id rather do a timing belt on a 4 banger Honda than deal with that IMO.

I dunno what the word is on tensioners. Ours is just over 100k miles with no engine issues.

Cramped doesn't even begin to describe the engine bay. And the chains.......an entire array of them, are on the rear of the engine. I don't want to work on it....no way!

Turborusty

The focus is a chain also. I have 130k on mine friend has 160k on his. No issues with em. Only thing i have ever had to change other then oil is fuel filter. And i only do it every other year. Dont even do it every year like im supposed to. Lol. I also still have the stock ford 100k mile air filter. I bet if i replaced it with an aftermarket that wasnt so restrictive i would prolly be closer to the 35 mile mark. Its no audi and only fwd but it runs door to door with my friends 08 si coupe. And he has a full exhaust. Hell i still have both cats. And mine will out handle his any day of the week. Also not nearly as tempermental as his. He has to let his run for a good 5 minutes befor he can drive it. If not it just runs like crap he said. Vcrap doesnt work unless its warm. And the focus has way morn room. And parts are cheap. Because yes the 2.3 is bigger then the regualr 2.0 duratec but 95% of the parts are the same or interchangable.

I had a 2003 Honda Accord with the 4 cylinder I sold it in favor of my FX35. The honda 4 cylinder is a timing chain motor. The car rode VERY smooth... Had plenty of gettup and it's a honda so you know it's low maintenance. The car consistently got 30+ mpg with lots of city driving. Edited by CaliConquestAlex

I had a 2003 Honda Accord with the 4 cylinder I sold it in favor of my FX35. The honda 4 cylinder is a timing chain motor. The car rode VERY smooth... Had plenty of gettup and it's a honda so you know it's low maintenance. The car consistently got 30+ mpg with lots of city driving.

most have belts but the k24 has a chain.

I had a maxima and loved it. Roomy, comfy and plenty of power

+1, great cars, I had one that took good care of me. However, I did just pick up an evo 8 recently and have never had as much fun taking the kids to school or getting groceries. A little higher maintenance, but well worth the grins. :D

Hands down, get a Honda if you want the most reliable (even compared against Toyota, Nissan, & Mitsubishi). I have several cars (german, japanese, american, and english), and the Honda gave me the the least problems (none actually, other than regular maintenance)...Toyota comes a close second.

Thought I'd never say this but look at Hyundai and Kia too.

I've rented a Sonata and an Optima in the past and both cars were great, the Optima in particular.

Colin B)

+1

both of these companies have come a long way in quality the past few years

If your looking for something fun to drive, Id look at an 05-09 legacy gt. I love mine. Fast and comfortable, but flies under the radar so to speak more than a WRX.

My previous DD was an 03 civic, but the lack of cojones just killed me. I went from getting 31 MPG in a car I hated to 24 in a car I love, and is beyond fun to drive. Seems like a good move to me :)

thanx 4 the info. I have a friend in Maine,who has a Legacy ,and she loves it. Her neighbor just bought 7 of them. Unfortunately,he doesnt want to sell any and he is 86 yrs old.