sideswipe aka sunstreaker, watch out for him!

wrngwae

I would like to start out by saying, the more i think about it the more i get mad..... this is for anyone who mods here and on any other site,,,, Shelby, Mark, Phil.... this guy is a thief and a liar! i had a meet this weekend and he attempted to steal parts from me. if it wasn't for a few good friends i have he may have gotten away with it. he placed a helmet on his head from a person attending the meet at my home. than proceeded to walk the long way around to place a header panel in his vehicle. in which some one noticed and brought to my attention. thank god! i approached him directly after i was told, i asked him if he had taken any parts. i was then told that other people were getting parts and didn't know that he couldn't???? wt....,,,, other people had permission!!!! he than said "What,,,, is that not cool???" i replied no! its not "COOL"! put the part back where you got it. i wanted to blow up!! here i am hosting a meet at my home,,, and absorbing several hundred dollars in food,,,,,drinks,,,and cheep or free parts to people in need,,,, and this guy has the nerve to try and steal from me????? I DON'T THINK SO!!!! i was as discrete as i could due to the meet was a blast and there were several members still here and did not want to make a "Scene" and make people uncomfortable and leave immediately ,,,,,,,, so i hope you get banned from any and all sites that have even the slightest to do with a Starquest,,,, and i am doing my best to see that happen....so in short,,, you are not welcome on my property again!!! and if you as much make my phone ring of a text or phone call, i will prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law without a blink of an eye. i would spend a tremendous amount of time and money to ensure you have learned that if you mess with a bull son,,,,,,,you will get the horns!!!!!!!!

Satty07,,,, please pm me in regards to how this young man acquired your motorcycle helmet.

In finishing, thank you for tainting one of the best meets that was ever held here and ruining any memories that i had other than your despicable act!

Community,,,, i hope you understand why i am doing this and am sorry i may ruin any good memories you had of this meet. but i feel something needs to be said......I am going to do some deep thinking if i want to continue this 3yr tradition. i just feel that me and my family has a lot to loose to host a meet of people i know very little about. and risk a possibility of major financial loss due to a single person who may fall,get hurt, or steal from me.....i hope you understand.

Thank you

Wrngwae

Wrngwae,

What ever you feel is best for your family I support. Thanks for hosting the events that you have had. My wife and I were talking about the meet over dinner and she was amazed that you didn't request money from the attenders to help with the cost of food and drinks. You put a ton of time and energy into this and then you spend most of the day wrenching on peoples cars just to help out. It would be a great loss for those who attend but I understand your feelings. Just know, though there may be a bad apple in the bunch, but everyone that I spoke with at the meet was very thankful to you and your family for the amazing hospitality. I understand why your upset, I would be too. Actually more hurt that someone would do that to me. But either way, I consider you a good friend and just wanted to thank you for everything. Hopefully the anger will fade and you will remember the great time we had. The cruise was awesome, tons of laughing and joking around and telling stories. Taking pics at the beach. It was a great time. I understand why you are upset, but don't let it ruin your memories. God bless brother and thanks again.

Sincerely,

Lance

Tye,

I had a great time at your meet and I am deeply gracious for your hospitality and hosting. I am disappointed, angered,and disgusted, for lack of better words, that a member of our community tried to do that to behind your back. Had I known there was ill-intent, I would have informed you earlier about the oil cooler. I thought that member was going to/had made a deal with you prior. I hope you continue these meets as it really was a great get together of some really great guys and a really good day. Thanks for everything again and I hope we can all get through this mess quickly so we can enjoy the memories of the meet rather than be angered by them.

I'll see you at the next meet, if not sooner :)

-Justin

Thanks Justin,,, you are welcome anytime as well! now, dont forget about those rear 8's if you want i can remove the tires and ship them to ya....

It sounds like a very fun time was ruined by one person and that is horrible. Opening your home to people you've not met is admittedly something that is hit or miss as I'm quite sure your aware not only now obviously but beforehand. But your a smart guy and there is no reason why you should miss out experiences like this because of some peoples horrible morals. You clearly were surrounded by a majority of people who respect you and look out and as long as that doesn't change why not keep it going?

Just my thoughts

Allen

Thanks Allen,,, you should have come sir,,,, it was a blast!!! we did a nice ride up to lake Michigan and had a little Photo shoot with the water in the back,,,, very cool!

Pretty sure I would not have held back... well maybe just a bit, ha. Don't let the bad streak take you down to their level or let them ruin everything else for you. Sounds like the meet was a great one, let's see those pics!!

BTW, thanks again for the heads up.

-Robert

Tye, Sorry I couldn't make it down again for the second time. It always seems to be a blast too! One of these days my friend :) I plan my trips from gas station to gas station :)

Sun Streaker/ sideswipe has been banned from here before.

wrngwae,

Was an absolute pleasure meeting you and your family. The hospitality you displayed was above and beyond anything I expected. Thank you again for those injector clips. I ordered my TB rebuild kit and some new hardware on Sunday, you've inspired me to take care of that before those injector seals leak any more haha.

Not a fan of that dude, whoever he is, that was on your parts, s*** was NOT ok.

Cheers,

Brendon

Thanks Brendon, your 86 widebody is beautiful!!!! ,,,, score you an air dam and fix up those injector leaks and you will be gold!!! i gave you those clips cause im MPI now,,,,lol :D

I will prosecute you to the fullest extent of the SHOTGUN...errr I mean law. lol sorry I had to once I read this. Glad you had a good time, sorry to hear this happened though.

i can neither confirm or deny my shooting ability but,,,, if you look at my avatar..... your will get it :P

Thanks Brendon, your 86 widebody is beautiful!!!! ,,,, score you an air dam and fix up those injector leaks and you will be gold!!! i gave you those clips cause im MPI now,,,,lol :D

Air dam coming at the end of the month. It's already red too!!!

Dude, I feel your pain. I put on a meet in Bastrp, TX back in Nov. of 09. It wasn't anything super major. We all went to a Veteran's day car show and parked together. Then I had a little SQ car show just for us with trophies and prizes for the winners of different classes. Everyone seemed to have a great time, and I got nothing but compliments at the meet.

A couple of days later I saw someone local to me here in SA posting on *DM talking all kinds of smack. He and a friend had brought two of his SQs, one of which he was tinkering with all the way to the meet because it wasn't running 100%. In his posts he said his car broke on the way home because we all sabotaged his car at the meet because we were jealous or something. Then he went on to talk smack about the meet prizes and that the judging was rigged and everything. The sad thing was, I had hung out with this guy a bunch and considered him a friend. He'd been to my house before and we had traded some parts back and forth. You'd think if something negative had happened he would have told me about it first instead of being a jerk on public forums.

Anyway, he is the reason I will never again spend dozens of hours of my own time and plenty of my own money puting together fun meets. I still do it for other cars I'm into, because for some reason, those people NEVER have drama at their meets.

Mark, i dont mind having to spend money out of pocket. i actually really enjoy these cars and 99.9% of the people i have met.... heck i have so many peoples phone numbers i have met i use there last names as "starquest" lol..... its just this guy is no good and needs to be punished in a manner that he will not soon forget! BTW,,,, he is on your site too..... so please be careful. i dont mind the smack talk as much as thievery!!! i was always taught,,, a man the will steal from you will lie to you and a man that will lie to you will steal from you.......bottom line.

OH,,, and im 100% correct in saying he was trying to steal,,,, alot of the information did not come to light till yesterday about the helmet and other info..... so please dont think im jumping the gun... i would like to get even more info from Satty07 too if he would PM me..... not too sure if he let him use that helmet or he was trying to "Portray" him and throw him under the bus...... also Toady might have some other info since they are friends and its known he was running his mouth to other members about what he was "GOING" to get...

Edited by wrngwae

We knew from day one that he was bad news but nobody really knew what to expect. I hope the best meet in the area continues but completly understand you reasioning.

Hey, KTD just texted me about this issue, so I figured I'd login and try to clear some things up. I have no idea why he had my helmet. I didn't even know he took it. I had it sitting on my bike all night and it was still in the same place when I went to leave. I didn't even know anyone touched it. He had mentioned earlier in the day about grabbing a few parts, but this was before the meet when Kirill's car was broken down. I didn't know he had planned on just taking things though, I figured he had it OK'd, especially since he had parts with him that he was selling...

I sure hope this doesn't deter you from having meets in the future, because I sure had a great time again this year, even if I wasn't able to bring my car out. As others have said, I wouldn't mind throwing in a few bucks to help cover things as well. Especially the food. The chili was awesome.

Okay, I might as well chime in as well.

I know this kid personally and I'm not trying to defend him here but I trust him in my house and garage and I lend him my tools. Thievery was never a concern to me.

The day of the meet he asked me to grab some parts for him that he and Tye discussed about, hood, sun visor and some other items I cant remember. I never got around asking Tye about this.

From my understanding at the time, when I saw him pick up the header panel and look over it and since he brought a mini van to grab the hood, I was under the impression that the header panel was part of the deal. I didnt think anything of it and it was a parts car. I understand that the header panel is a hard to find item that is good conditon but it was just lying there on top of the car and some folks appeared to have been scavenging it. But eitherway, I only saw him pick it up and inspect it. I have not seen or heard anything of the attempted theft tilI I saw this post.

I dont know what made him think it was okay to grab the header panel, aside him being an obnoxious loud mouth who cant stop to think about his action, he is a good kid at heart. He has helped me out in the past and I have helped him out, infact on the way to the meet when I blew a brake line,I called him to come give me a lift and he was right on it.

Tye, he has said to me that he's been trying to apologize for his actions but you would rather not have anything else to do with him. Lots of others here are all on the agreement, while I'm not necessarily trying to defend him, I'm surprised he was stupid enough to think that he can just grab it without asking permission. I'm assumed he is banned on the forums here, maybe give him a chance at a rebuttal or a form of apology.

Let him speak, if only temporally. Maybe his side of the story is different in some ways.

Besides that, Tye thank you for organizing this meet, its been my third time out, each time I have a blast. I hope my association with the kid in question doesn't tarnish my reputation and maybe we can all hear something from him himself.

Guys, fist off thank you for your input......... Satty,,,,, i just wanted to hear from you cause i thought it was odd that he put your helmet on??? i wanst sure if he was trying to throw you under the bus.... you and i are good to go....btw awesome turbo bike!! sounded mean as heck when you blew by me lol....

Toady, i never expected you to keep track of who was getting what,,,,, heck i have a hard time remembering. heck Lance was in the car getting parts and had no clue what was going on.... but again i didnt expect him to..... did you know that even after the fact that i payed him for the arp studs,,,,, and after we had words,,,,,,,,,,, i still let him HAVE the hood and the ignition key........ he has a fetish about keeping keys to all his cars,,,,,,what ever,,,,, not the point...... im not trying to ruin this guys life but,,,,,,,,,, at 21+yrs old stealing is a lesson that should have been learned a long time ago...... i have a 14yr old,,,,,,, im pretty darn sure he know better than that..... PLEASE dont mistake my easy nature and kind heart for a sign of weakness........i dont like being crossed......Toady,,,,, your are good with me,,,,, besides you are one of the few O.G.'s from my meets and are always welcome...... new cowbell and all... :D

i too would like to se him have input in this.....i do not think he is banned. side-swipe is but sunstreaker looks to be active still.

Edited by wrngwae

Hosting a meet can be and is allot of work most of the time. I have in the past I think hosted/ organized at lest 6 and helped with a few others. I can only think of one that I was disappointed with and it was the last one I did. Would have been about 8 years ago I think. I had a few guys that I have know for sometime come to it and like 4 other quest people that all knew each other. They more or less came and I would dare say stayed less then 1.5 hr not saying you have to stay long or any thing but they looked at the other cars and told every one how much better there cars was and then pigged out on the food and drinks and took off. In all I would say they talked to others for like 5-10mins tops. I have over the years come to know a few of the Old timers LOL I guess there is always going to be those that are what I would call leeches that just bum around and want stuff and think the work owes them. With that that I have meet some very outstanding people over the years at meets. In Fact I meet my wife threw a person I meet at a meet.

Dont let this get you down Ty. You know there is always 1 person who ruins it for everybody but you didnt let that happen. You kept your cool, you told him to put it back, instead of punching his trachea or acting irrational (even with beers in you), and then you were even nice enough to let him stay AFTER the fact. You were as adult about it as anybody could be and I must say I admire that.

As for him apologizing,... he can say he is sorry till he is blue in the face, but it still doesnt change what happened. Some people just arent worth having around.