All the gun talk got me giddy, got me a little present for myself.

89PalermoSHP

Since I got me a new job I figured Id reward myself a little. Ive been wanting a 9mm carry gun and finally pulled the trigger :) It wont show up till next week but Im not in any hurry. I was debating between the Springfield XD series gun and the S&W M&P 9mm's. I went to Gander Mountain to put them in my hand and after some careful deliberation I chose the M&P9c with the Talo exclusive grip extender for the full size 17rnd mags. The gun comes with one 12rnd and one 17rnd mag as well as the grip extender. Its a 3.5" barrel and the mag release is able to be swapped over for left handed use. I like the XD series but they seemed a little more bulky. I had a little mishap at Gander when the saleguy was showing my the break down procedure and the slide went flying and hit the floor! It dinged up the slide quite a bit and needless to say I was quite embaressed and felt bad I messed the gun up. I promptly said, "I dont think Ill be going with that one!" :ph34r:

Ordered it online because prices seem to be about $50 cheaper so hopefully Ill be at the range next weekend checking it out.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson2/upload/images/firearms/detail_md/150954_01_md.jpg

That IS nice. I like the M&P's as well. I considered getting one, but when I racked the slide at the store, my hand slipped and the serrations on the slide "cheese-gratered" my finger.

Other than the sharp-edged serrations, I think it's fantastic.

Turborusty

i have carried the same gun almost every day for 2 years and love it :D ---i put crimson trace laser grips and a streamlight tlr3 on it----shoots fantastic and easily concealable :ph34r: ----im a lefty so ambi controls are great----her in Mass we can only have a max of 10 round magazines :angry: ---good p/u----bought gun for 425+220 c/t grips and my buddy is the new england rep for streamlight so i got the light for free :lol:

gig out

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l587/dmndstar87/DSC00645.jpg

Nice set up! Sorry to hear you got a boo-boo Rusty :) Those hands need some toughening up! They do seem really stiff when new. Im sure after a few hundred rounds that will change. Im also very excited about the holster I stumbled onto. It might be old news for some of you guys but if not, check out High Noon Holsters. The quality is supposed to be nothing short of amazing. Im thinking the tailgunner would be real nice.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/

http://www.concealcarrychat.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC04360.JPG

Curious... why 9mm? For the size/double stack clips? Quite a while ago I use to cary a Smith 59 as a backup. Nice weapon, I realize alot has come out since then, still double action, even stacked a nicely hidden "back"up. However, .45 would be my choice of auto now, double action; as mentioned "Sig", H&K. Anyway... things are different within the "state" of Maryland.

9mm because 19+1

I understand your argument, as I also bought a .45 with 9 and 13 rd mgs, but mt brother bought the same gun I have in 9mm for the large capacity.

I prefer fewer rounds - more damage....but some prefer more rounds in case you need to keep firing.

Turborusty

Edited by Turborusty

I didnt buy the gun based soley on stopping power. Theres no doubt 45 is a better choice for that but in all reality, if your getting hit with any round, .22, 9mm, 40cal, .45, your going to think twice about what your doing and why your getting shot ;) Again, I hope that all I ever have to shoot is paper. 9mm is a bit cheaper than .45 for putting holes in paper and I just wanted a little variety in my collection.

I prefer fewer rounds - more damage....but some prefer more rounds in case you need to keep firing.

Turborusty

I could always put my Model 29 in the back of my pants. It only holds 6 but there probably isnt much use for more than 1 :D Firing that has a similar effect as racking the shotgun(provided you dont actually hit them). Just the sound of it is like a slap in the face or complain slap if you prefer, lol.

Edited by 89PalermoSHP

Going to pick it up!!

hope this isn't the same model gun you damage'd by droping in on the floor

besides any thing that smply droping the part causes damage isn't worth buying or depending on to save your life with

thats for sure