Leesfer's 1986 Mitsubishi Starion

leesfer

Those seats are totally bad. The work you have done on this car is fantastic, I wish someday to be as awesome as you. I've learned a lot about cars in the past few months, and I hope to learn a LOT more in the near future.

Those seats are totally bad. The work you have done on this car is fantastic, I wish someday to be as awesome as you. I've learned a lot about cars in the past few months, and I hope to learn a LOT more in the near future.

The best advice I can give is to be patient. Cars are going to steal a lot of money from you, and break, and run like s***, and frustrate you

But when you get all the gremlins out, then it's the greatest thing ever

I have a a complete bolt in mpi swap pretty much. Just haven't had time to get to cleaning it up and selling it. Uses the stock harness and the megasquirt is in the stock ecu case. Pm me if you are interested

I have a a complete bolt in mpi swap pretty much. Just haven't had time to get to cleaning it up and selling it. Uses the stock harness and the megasquirt is in the stock ecu case. Pm me if you are interested

I would but I've already got my hands on an awesome MPI setup, but if you're looking to sell yours then I promise you it'll be gone within a day or two on this forum

btw, cyl 1+4 are a bank, and 2+3 are a bank.

Really?

I was talking to Scott and he recommended that 1 and 3 be tied together and 2 and 4 be tied together?

You think that 1 and 4, 2 and 3 is better?

yes, 1+4 and 2+3. I accidentally wired a car the way you have your drawing and it does not work. I mean it will idle ok, and accelerate ok, unless the engine is under a load/boost/2500+rpm.

a bank is the two cylinders that travel in unison. IE - they go up and down at the same time.

yes, 1+4 and 2+3. I accidentally wired a car the way you have your drawing and it does not work. I mean it will idle ok, and accelerate ok, unless the engine is under a load/boost/2500+rpm.

a bank is the two cylinders that travel in unison. IE - they go up and down at the same time.

Thanks, saved a load of trouble... I'll update my diagram too

Edit: The image in post #74 in this thread has been updated

Edited by leesfer

UPDATE

New items for the build:

• Got a set of roller rockers
  • Tim C's Howling Banshee cam
  • Caravan head with a 3 angle valve job and caravan valves
  • 85lb (900cc) injectors
  • Trading my Magna intake for something just a little bit cooler ;)

So it looks like the head is coming back off again, at least pulling the head on the g54 is easy as pie and while I am at it I can change the head gasket to a fel-pro, too

I think since I am taking everything off I am going to have my intake and exhaust manifold ceramic coated, too

I will have pics this weekend

Edited by leesfer

Any particular reason you didnt get some Stellite exhaust vavles? (the turbo application ones)

I'm still debating if I am going to go with some OS SS valves or not

While I have the head off I might just go that route now

I have a set if you need them, New unsused, but are out of the packaging

• 5 months later...

It's been a long time since I have worked on my car

I've hit a stand still with the electrical and with daylight savings not giving me any time to work on my car, I am waiting until I have a garage to finish it.

Hopefully mid-December I will be moved into a new place and working again

• 2 months later...

Welp I've finally got myself a garage, time to start working again

I've sent my ECU back to Scott as I'm going to be using a MegaSquirt harness rather than the stock harness. The lack of documentation with the '86 was too much of a pain to work with so starting fresh will be nice.

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh538/leesfer/IMG_20130118_182238_zps43082a09.jpg