Leesfer's 1986 Mitsubishi Starion

leesfer

I hate how dirty the firewall looks though, I've used degreaser and a powerwasher and it still looks like that... I am going to try hand scrubbing it when isn't raining outside

some brake parts cleaner and lots of rags works well too. That's how I cleaned up the engine bay of the DTHSTAR before I painted it

I did some aggressive cleaning on mine, and some paint comes with the dirt, so don't get too harsh with it. I never got down to bare metal, but the rag turned red.

And that manifold looks good. I'll always know which one was mine cause I turned that ECI MULTI plate around and put those coolant pipes in the front and back. :D

Edited by Technology

Man your really going hard that's looking good just like night and day.

How's that fuelab filter compared to the stocker and How Does that injector cleaner work?

The Fuelab filter is a nice filter but the price is pretty high, I really went with it in the end for the bling factor if I'm completely honest... a new stocker would have done the job just the same, but then again the Fuelab is a solid piece from a good company

As for the injector cleaner, I can't say! I took the injectors out and went MPI before I even drove the car more than a couple blocks

I've used in on me LeMons racer though and it seemed to work well enough

30 psi on that thing will fly.

That's what I am hoping for! I am dreading the tuning part though

On another note, turns out the Blaster 2 coil is oil filled so I am going to have to make it work right-side-up

Also, you can depin that connector on the 6AL instead of cutting the wires for cylinder selection. I did, and also filled the empty terminal gaps with silicone sealer to keep moisture out of the plug.

That's a great idea, never even occurred to me to remove some of the unneeded wires from the 6al either, I was planning on just zip-tying them up

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I haven't updated this thread in a while... I've been travelling for work and for fun the past couple of weekends and then Easter came around and slowed things down a bit

This weekend I will be back in action so keep an eye out

It actually rains is sunny San Diego? No Way! Looking great, keep it up man.

Haha rarely...

We had a random flash rain this past weekend were it was POURING, and then it jumped back up to 75 and sunny today

Ya same issue man work is nuts!! I get home and sleep after a large meal :P thankfully its getting warmer out so i could actually work with the garage door open! Damn canadian weather! At least it aint -40 anymore:D

• 2 weeks later...

Welp for anyone who may be keeping up with this build, I have been slowed down due to my DD getting a bent valve, or at least that is what I think it is. Will be doing a leak-down test this weekend...

I have my Starion up on jack stands waiting for me to come work on it, maybe I will drop the tank tomorrow and run the new fuel lines and get that fuel pump on it

AWW YEAH

I'm pleased to say that when I did a leak-down text and a compression test on my DD it plassed with flying colors, so I am thinking it's only an injector that's going bad

So that gave me time to get outside and work a bit on the quest... I finally got Motocams hood struts in and I started putting in the Walbro 255 fuel pump but the fuel lines are a pain in the tail to get apart, plus I need to order a 10mm x 1 to 6an adapter for my new fuel line which I am running from the pump all the way to the filter up front

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh538/leesfer/IMG_20120428_174139.jpg

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh538/leesfer/IMG_20120428_174105.jpg

Edited by leesfer

... I finally got Motocams hood struts in...

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh538/leesfer/IMG_20120428_174139.jpg

Those hood struts are awesome, love mine! They are a must for all StarQuesters. Hope you like them.

Yeah I love them

I was a little weary thinking they wouldn't be stiff enough or feel sturdy but they are pretty great, nice and solid

and super easy bolt on, all you have to do is measure twice and screw once.

Those seats are one of the last things that are going in! I'd like to see the car run before doing the interior haha

I am going to start working on the harness this week and for anyone else doing an MPI + Megasquirt swap using the stock harness, this is a diagram I made of how you should set up your injectors

http://i.imgur.com/SqSSx.jpg

Edited by leesfer