Any fellow PLASMA DONATERS out there?

Kreal

Just started doing this about 4 months ago, its strange but well worth the extra thousand or so monthly. Girlfriend got me into it. I feel healthier after too. Anyone else donate plasma?

Blood type, frequency, programs. Maybe it varies on location too? Have to donate consistently. They also have incentives they give free and pay you to receive tetanus, hepititus shot, rabies shot etc. Twice a week for $60 wouldn't be worth the hassle. Every time I go there's a line out the door even an hour before opening.

I did it for a bit in college. It really interfered with my drinking though. The one time I decided to screw the rules and go out drinking the night before I passed out at the clinic and cracked my head open on a desk. That was the last time I donated/ sold plasma

"Donation"... I agree! I do know though, they use to give you & your family "blood for life" if ever needed once you became a "gallon donor." I think I still have the card from when I was 19 yrs. old entitling me this life-time gift for any of my family members, if needed. I suppose someone could get alot of extra money for rare blod types; AB negative, I never sold it? Can't be on meds to give it though, oh well...

You should be able to get more, that stuff aint free! :D

Right?!?!?!

There's a big argument about the aspect of donating or being paid. It may sound selfish, but if I could get a bunch of cashola for blood and such VS giving it away, I'd have to opt for the cash. I do my part to donate to things. I usually give a little money every year to diabetes research, cancer research or other charities and fundraisers that have meaning to me, and I always give unwanted clothes, furniture and other stuff to Goodwill. We ran into this with my wife's hair... She cut 10" off and could have donated it to make wigs for cancer patients or something, but we found out it was worth $700 to wig and doll makers. In our eyes at the time we couldn't afford to give a $700 cash donation to anyone, so we couldn't just give hair that was worth that much away. I think I'd have to say the same about getting a G per month for plasma. Now, if giving blood only paid a few bucks, then I'd rather just donate it. That may sound greedy, but I'm sure I give more to charity than most people, so I don't feel bad about looking out for myself sometimes first.

Right?!?!?!

There's a big argument about the aspect of donating or being paid. It may sound selfish, but if I could get a bunch of cashola for blood and such VS giving it away, I'd have to opt for the cash. I do my part to donate to things. I usually give a little money every year to diabetes research, cancer research or other charities and fundraisers that have meaning to me, and I always give unwanted clothes, furniture and other stuff to Goodwill. We ran into this with my wife's hair... She cut 10" off and could have donated it to make wigs for cancer patients or something, but we found out it was worth $700 to wig and doll makers. In our eyes at the time we couldn't afford to give a $700 cash donation to anyone, so we couldn't just give hair that was worth that much away. I think I'd have to say the same about getting a G per month for plasma. Now, if giving blood only paid a few bucks, then I'd rather just donate it. That may sound greedy, but I'm sure I give more to charity than most people, so I don't feel bad about looking out for myself sometimes first.

Places really pay that kind of money for hair? Get me their contact info. I keep mine long, been toying with getting it cut. The GF gives me static when I bring it up, but she wouldn't be able to argue with cold hard cash.

Also, the red cross sells the blood to the hospitals for between $400-$700 a pint. Then the hospitals charge the patients $1000 a pint

Places really pay that kind of money for hair? Get me their contact info. I keep mine long, been toying with getting it cut. The GF gives me static when I bring it up, but she wouldn't be able to argue with cold hard cash.

Yep, and sometimes it's even more than that.

I'm not sure if this is the place my wife used or not but.....

http://buyandsellhair.com/

the price is determined by the length, condition, color, if it's dyed, how straight or wavy it is, etc...

My wife has vey straight, healthy, light brown hair dyed blonde and got $700 for 10". Her sister gave 10" of very straight, healthy, non-dyed blond hair, and got around $1000 IIRC.

If you decide to do it and your hair isn't perfectly healthy, you might consider using really good product on it to help make it healthier for a few weeks or even months before you do. Then when your hair is all nice, get it trimmed up professionally and and get your pics for the ad when it's looking it's best. Spending $50 on good product and a haircut might help ya get $100 more for your hair.

I can ask my wife what website she used if you want, I know she was pretty happy with the transaction.

Edited by Burton