Starion or Conquest?

infamos

Assuming that by "mint" you mean the actual definition of mint and not some clown seller's definition of mint, then either would be fine. There is probably no such thing, except perhaps one that I have dibs on. A "mint" car is in new or as new condition, which would require indoor storage since new. I know of one such san marino yellow '88, and it's owned by a fellow Marine officer. I hope to make it mine someday. It's been parked in her parents' basement for nearly 20 years.

Assuming that by "mint" you mean the actual definition of mint and not some clown seller's definition of mint, then either would be fine. There is probably no such thing, except perhaps one that I have dibs on. A "mint" car is in new or as new condition, which would require indoor storage since new. I know of one such san marino yellow '88, and it's owned by a fellow Marine officer. I hope to make it mine someday. It's been parked in her parents' basement for nearly 20 years.

If it is a "mint" car that means it is never driven......So, why even own it ;)

Bill

It honestly doesn't matter to me, but stock for stock, I'd take the Starion. Maybe driving my Conquest for awhile will change that idea though, we'll see. I do plan to swap my red velour Conquest interior into my Starion, with the exception of a few well-placed OEM Starion black leather bits and an Eclipse/'89SQ wheel. I've always liked the subtle changes of the Conquest interior more.

To the unknowing eye though, they're both Supras, and my Shelby is a 4-door Mustang SVO. D'oh ...

Even though mine's a Conquest, I gotta admit I don't like people thinking it was made by Dodge, so I always just say it's a Starion since this is associated with Japan and Conquest is associated with America. Plus I always say it's an '88 Starion at parts stores, even though it's an '86. She never reveals here true age, lol.

Starion. Better looking tail lights, embossed TURBO on rear hatch window, the grilles are black and not colour matched. I did like the decal style badging on the Conquests, tho. I left my Starion badging off after the paint job and added decals instead.

This really gets them head scratching! ^_^

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu353/carguygibby/2011-06-09103735-2.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/264053_10150308414455781_719960780_9698770_5127305_n.jpg

Starions are lighter than Conquests, therefore: Starions are faster than Conquests. -Robert

Lighter becuse of the sun visors? lol But Starions have emblems where conquest have stickers LOL.

Starions are lighter than Conquests, therefore: Starions are faster than Conquests.

-Robert

Robert,

Is that because Conquests have more decals, plastic inserts on the Rear Tailights and paint on the front grill? :lol: :lol:

Bill