Well this is a pants crapping moment if there ever was one

Fanta

They didnt' even raise their voices or scream like little girls. lol If that was me you would have seen the camera slowly go down. haha. But its pretty amazing how it all turned out.

i think i would have hit reverse personally

it sounded like he tried but went to neutral. i would have probably s*** myself

Pretty scary indeed, but makes you wonder...what/why were they filming in the first place?

-N8

here are some people who mount a camera in there car and record at all times, like the guy who got the 2 corvettes racing

Looks... sounds,,, like an "everyday thing" for them. Almost, like stunt staged. Yhea, like Tyler; I'da been look'n to reverse & get'n back behind that truck I was following, not just sitting there w/ my cam focused on the impending.

I know this is probably gonna start something, but I'll say it anyways cause this is what I gather.

It looks like a police mounted dash cam. With the Timestamp and all.

In the instance where the large white truck pulled over, anyone in their right mind would do the same thing. (like a fight or flight reaction, big truck pulls over, you brake. You look ahead and see lights in your lane, you brake harder and pull behind the truck.)

The cop on the other hand seemed kind of arrogant and decided to pass the white truck, so he didn't brake like anyone else, then he seen the lights, and with the shorter braking distance wound up stopping in beside the white truck.

Props to the swerving truck driver for being quite the excellent driver. For not only avoiding the snowplow, but also getting his truck back into his lane as quickly as possible. His only mistake was not paying attention to the snowplow being stopped in the road, so he made the same dumb decision the cop did, by judging the road clear ahead and attempting a pass.

It does seem like this type of stuff happens everyday to them though. Which, honestly, I would be okay with that same sentiment here. If a wreck happens, sweep the bodies and metal out the way, and move on. Maybe I've just been around too many horrible drivers.

Edited by theRobot

I know this is probably gonna start something, but I'll say it anyways cause this is what I gather.

In the instance where the large white truck pulled over, anyone in their right mind would do the same thing. (like a fight or flight reaction, big truck pulls over, you brake. You look ahead and see lights in your lane, you brake harder and pull behind the truck.)

The cop on the other hand seemed kind of arrogant and decided to pass the white truck, so he didn't brake like anyone else, then he seen the lights, and with the shorter braking distance wound up stopping in beside the white truck.

Props to the swerving truck driver for being quite the excellent driver. For not only avoiding the snowplow, but also getting his truck back into his lane as quickly as possible. His only mistake was not paying attention to the snowplow being stopped in the road, so he made the same dumb decision the cop did, by judging the road clear ahead and attempting a pass.

It does seem like this type of stuff happens everyday to them though. Which, honestly, I would be okay with that same sentiment here. If a wreck happens, sweep the bodies and metal out the way, and move on. Maybe I've just been around too many horrible drivers.

Its obvious the car with the cam was on the brakes the entire time once the white truck started to slow...Just because he didn't pull over to the side doesn't make him arrogant...He jus couldn't see...and I think luck had alot to do with the big black truck driver...That trailor was just along for the ride....

lmao at the oy oy yoyo oyo.....Looked crazy...

that dude just drifted a big rig! The driver of that car simply froze, at the instant I saw that truck I'd hit reverse real quick! and shart my pants at the same time.

edit: did you guys notice the number of axles on that truck? looks like 6!

Edited by louswheel01

The wide angle camera distorts the distance, but for those road conditions all drivers involved were going entirely too fast, and the filming vehicle was following the truck ahead of it at only one car length, but many people will drive in that type of relaxed attitude, it just goes to prove that if it is your time to go it's your time, apart from Evolution's law of natural selection.

The wide angle camera distorts the distance, but for those road conditions all drivers involved were going entirely too fast, and the filming vehicle was following the truck ahead of it at only one car length, but many people will drive in that type of relaxed attitude, it just goes to prove that if it is your time to go it's your time, apart from Evolution's law of natural selection.

Yeah, under those weather conditions I would be staying far away from traffic. That could have been fatal for all i that video.

There are a number of dash cams that people use that are affordable, usually around $200. They use digital memory and can record a number of different ways. Usually something like a 15 minute loop.

Most people use them to keep an eye on their teenagers, employees, or people like me who travel for a living use them to document and protect themselves in the event of a wreck. Of course if you are at fault, you don't divulge the footage to the police/ insurance.

actually it looks more like the truck was running from the cop