SOS manuals down again?

Killtodie

LOL... was wondering why it was 2gb.

Here's the SOS as it was in 2010, and only 212MB:

http://home.comcast.net/~Komeuppance/SOS1.zip

It's all there, just the links don't go to the next page after 3 pages deep, so go back to the index and start at page 4.

-Robert

alright, I got this one cleaned up and removed illegal file names. its been uploading all night, should be done in a a few hours but i wont be able to post the link till i get back home cause drop box is blocked at work. :(

i couldnt get it to extract the files. maybe i am stupid or something

My latest upload or the first one?

dang it, still having issues with it.

sigh.... need more cleanup

Edited by Killtodie

There are two reasons I love this...

1. This will help out many people

2. If ProfessorQuest new about this he would flip s***, which would make me hella happy lol

Allen

Actually he knows. His intent with the SOS's was to help people to save time and money with his information he gained over the years. Tricks that not many of us know about. I've had experts read his stuff and say it is good although not always the way they would do it. They might do things differently, but PQ put it up where you don't need so many fancy tools, etc...

I'd just hate to bash PQ in the same thread that is hoping to save his work. He has his issues, but there was a lot of work put into those to help people who have little to no experience too. People who are at the mercy of a garage mechanic usually, and will pay a lot of money otherwise to have it done wrong in many cases. Follow the SOS, save money and do it right? That's a win win if you ask me.

• Like 1

If i right click on the missing pictures, than click properties. Most come up with a address like this http://starquest.i-x....php?pic_id=518 But if i click that it say not authorized.

So maybe its is a fixable problem. Can a i-x.net mod still access this address? http://starquest.i-x....php?pic_id=518

The pictures that still show up mostly have pq photo bucket addresses. Like this http://i35.photobuck...20Grd/GR-3A.jpg

Can someone answer this question?

The missing pictures appear to have been hosted on the i-x site.

So are they still there and the link just broken or access blocked? It would appear that when pq's email was purged from the site the problem with the on site hosted pictures developed.

Frankly i do not miss him. The sos was mostly just one big advertisement for mostly over priced and unnecessary stuff sold for the benefit of pq.

Never the less the sos was a useful resource.

Actually he knows. His intent with the SOS's was to help people to save time and money with his information he gained over the years. Tricks that not many of us know about. I've had experts read his stuff and say it is good although not always the way they would do it. They might do things differently, but PQ put it up where you don't need so many fancy tools, etc...

I'd just hate to bash PQ in the same thread that is hoping to save his work. He has his issues, but there was a lot of work put into those to help people who have little to no experience too. People who are at the mercy of a garage mechanic usually, and will pay a lot of money otherwise to have it done wrong in many cases. Follow the SOS, save money and do it right? That's a win win if you ask me.

Excellent post Tim.

Bill

Frankly i do not miss him. The sos was mostly just one big advertisement for mostly over priced and unnecessary stuff sold for the benefit of pq.

SQ Rescue,

I agree with your assessment about his advertisement of parts for sale. But with Professor Quest (Yes, I have known him for quite a few years, since 2003) All you have to do is disregard the advertisement of parts, his personal comments and scroll through his SOS Manuals for some excellent information. After all, P.Q. is not twisting SQ owners arms to "buy his stuff" that visit the SOS Manuals ;)

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

All you have to do is disregard the advertisement of parts, his personal comments and scroll through his SOS Manuals for some excellent information.

Bill

I can not disregard that he screwed and bilked naive people,and neither could the people that gave him the boot.

I do not want to get the this thread locked, so lets get back to the topic of whether the missing pictures can be restored.

I can not disregard that he screwed and bilked naive people,and neither could the people that gave him the boot.

I do not want to get the this thread locked, so lets get back to the topic of whether the missing pictures can be restored.

If you feel that way about P.Q., Why would you want view pictures from his SOS Manuals??? SQ Rescue,There are three sides to every story. The two members versions......And the truth ;) I have purchased parts from P.Q., he never screwed me? Why should this thread be locked? We are just two members voicing our different opinions on something.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

opinions of PQ are unneccesary and unneeded. the thread is about the infomation that is provided. nobody cares about the other situations involved and lets try and keep it that way. the only way this thread gets locked is if it turns into rants and bickers. keep it on topic?

opinions of PQ are unneccesary and unneeded. the thread is about the infomation that is provided. nobody cares about the other situations involved and lets try and keep it that way. the only way this thread gets locked is if it turns into rants and bickers. keep it on topic?

But, everyone is trying to view HIS SOS Manuals. So, PQ is a part of this discussion. Seems like nobody likes him, but they still want HIS information. Funny.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

i dont really care about any of the previous history people have. my only concern is the information being made available. the rest of you can bicker. i'm too young to concern myself with bickering. once again my only concern is to have as much infomation available as possible.
  • Like 1

But, everyone is trying to view HIS SOS Manuals. So, PQ is a part of this discussion. Seems like nobody likes him, but they still want HIS information. Funny.

Bill

It's not all his. a lot of it was contributed by others.

he and others gave it freely to an open forum, so it's no longer theirs to deserve this level of discussion.

If your opinion is that he's a saint, I can assure you others can prove otherwise, so yours is just one of many conflicting opinions. Thus there is no point discussing the merits of the various authors of the SOS. It was a collaboration to make it, and can be a collaboration to restore it.

• Like 1

So, stupid question here (mainly directed at Komeuppance):

Is any of this copyrighted, trademarked, etc? If I were to post this on my web site to make it available for others, would I incur the wrath of others? I want to help the community if I can, but I don't want to piss anybody off at the same time. If it's cool, I can put this up on my web site and put a link back to it here.

It's not all his. a lot of it was contributed by others

If your opinion is that he's a saint

Chad....Your funny. I never said P.Q. was a saint. And I do know that JustPaus contributed to the SOS Manuals also. Like I stated before, you guys want ALL the information without giving credit where credit is due. Everybody slams P.Q., But they still want his information? That in itself is ironic. Kind of like smacking your dog when you ask him to do tricks and he doesn't, but you know he can do them. Maybe if some of you guys were more civil and not so hostile towards P.Q., He would provide the SOS Manuals to you ;) Most likely, I could call up P.Q. and ask him for a complete copy of the SOS Manuals and he would give them to me. Why? Because I act civil towards him. If a member did what some of you say he did, I, personally would disregard everything from that member. A lot of you post things like this: "He is not to be trusted" or this: "He doesn't know what he is talking about" Well then......Why try to download his SOS Manuals?

I call a spade a spade. Some like it, some don't. That is just me :D And I don't feel that ANY MEMBER on SQC is a saint.

Just My Opinion,

Bill

Edited by Caliber308
  • Like 1

what does his credit have to do with restoring them? you are making an an argument about something no one else cares about. If you care about it, great.

It was damaged and rendered incomplete because he threw a tantrum. better give him that credit too, while you are at it.

Call him up and get your free complete copy, the rest of us would rather restore what was already given, without having to deal with all the drama.

Chad....Your funny. I never said P.Q. was a saint. And I do know that JustPaus contributed to the SOS Manuals also. Like I stated before, you guys want ALL the information without giving credit where credit is due. Everybody slams P.Q., But they still want his information? That in itself is ironic. Kind of like smacking your dog when you ask him to do tricks and he doesn't, but you know he can do them. Maybe if some of you guys were more civil and not so hostile towards P.Q., He would provide the SOS Manuals to you ;) Most likely, I could call up P.Q. and ask him for a complete copy of the SOS Manuals and he would give them to me. Why? Because I act civil towards him. If a member did what some of you say he did, I, personally would disregard everything from that member. A lot of you post things like this: "He is not to be trusted" or this: "He doesn't know what he is talking about" Well then......Why try to download his SOS Manuals?

I call a spade a spade. Some like it, some don't. That is just me :D And I don't feel that ANY MEMBER on SQC is a saint.

Just My Opinion,

Bill

not everyone bashes him, as arrogant as he can be, even when he is cranky and seems off his rocker, still not everyone bashes him...