Mitsubishi joined the electric car race

apate

Damn, missed the test drive. I would have tried it out. EV's are pretty cool... well, the idea is. Would be like driving golf cart... JUST CAN'T DRIVE IT IN THE POOL AREA AT THE MESQUITE RESORT. Maybe that gas powered golf cart Scotty Don't "found" would be ok in the pool area... LMAO...

-Robert

• Like 1

Oh yeah....that's gonna get you laid!

Turborusty

It probably would get ya laid by some hippie chicks. Some of them can be pretty hot, as long as they shave their pits and bathe regularly.

Damn, missed the test drive. I would have tried it out. EV's are pretty cool... well, the idea is. Would be like driving golf cart... JUST CAN'T DRIVE IT IN THE POOL AREA AT THE MESQUITE RESORT. Maybe that gas powered golf cart Scotty Don't "found" would be ok in the pool area... LMAO...

-Robert

"I wonder if this key works!" ahahahaha. They've had this things for days. There was one at the so cal mod in 06.

I guess it's great that more and more people are gtting into being "green", but I worry about what happens down the line.

The batteries are what worries me. What are people gonna do in 5 or 6 years when the battery packs are junk in the car and thy don't have thousands of dollars to replace them? Are the people just gonna give up and let the cars and batteries rot? If the tons of battries for these types of vehicles aren't recycled and processed properly, they can make for a bad environmental situation.

I guess it's great that more and more people are gtting into being "green", but I worry about what happens down the line.

The batteries are what worries me. What are people gonna do in 5 or 6 years when the battery packs are junk in the car and thy don't have thousands of dollars to replace them? Are the people just gonna give up and let the cars and batteries rot? If the tons of battries for these types of vehicles aren't recycled and processed properly, they can make for a bad environmental situation.

Probably a lot worse than hydrocarbons produced by burning gasoline and diesel.

Turborusty

Edited by Turborusty

Probably a lot worse than hydrocarbons produced by burining gasoline and diesel.

Turborusty

That's what's yet to be seen. Maybe it will be no big deal, or maybe it will be th next environmental crisis 20 years down the road. Maybe it will be a wash, and no worse or no better for the environment, but I doubt that.

I wish they'd just chill out, and try and work the Hydrogen angle. That sems to me to be the best scenerio for what to do about the dirtyness of the cumbustion engine. The infrastructure for Hydrogen will suck to setup, but it seems like a much cleaner and safer way to go than just about anything else.

We are going thru this now. Hybrids have been out for 10 years plus now. Ask a wrecking yard what they are doing with them huge hybrid batteries now. There are no recycling centers or battery recyclers that take them like they do with regular car batteries.

Hybrid batteries are getting tossed in the trash to land fills or left in the car bodies when they crush em.

But just wait, some jack tail politician is gonna pass some law to after wrecking yards for not recycling those stupid batteries. They are in such a hurry "go green" that there are no systems in place to process the wrecks of these hybrid eletric cars.

Also, did you guys know that auto wreckers cannot recycle things like plastics, bumper covers, interior trims, seats etc. I used to have to cut up all the plastic bumper covers and throw them in a trash bin to end up in a land fill somewhere. No recycling center will take any of that. Who's to blame for not having recycling centers for all these car related things?

Traditional batteries are worth enough in metals that people steal them.

I find it hard to believe there isn't money to be made with used up hybrid batteries, but maybe nobody smart has figured out how yet. So here's a good honest all American opportunity for all you out there, start a recycling business for hybrid batteries and make a fortune.

Traditional batteries are worth enough in metals that people steal them.

I find it hard to believe there isn't money to be made with used up hybrid batteries, but maybe nobody smart has figured out how yet. So here's a good honest all American opportunity for all you out there, start a recycling business for hybrid batteries and make a fortune.

Now that's thinking ^^^. If you had the startup money and know-how, that would be genius.

Back to Mitsu for a second, I also read earlier this year in one of my car magazines that Mitsu had announced they were getting out of motorsports all together. Supposedly their new guru is taking the company a completely different direction. I don't own a car company, but I'm thinking ... really? Almost every car company has an icon sports car. I guess we're all just supposed to be happy w/ green get-a-round cars.

The ev cars is partial reason why Mitsu is killing off the Eclipse and pretty much North American gas car sales. They gonna concentrate on alternative crap.

That's Mitsubishi, they're going green, but the only thing is..to them green = money.

Cypress headquarters where the west coast MOD is held every year, did anyone notice anything different this last year about the parking lots ? It use to be a nice venue,...

...till they cut down all the trees!!!