Neighbor rant. He hates SQs

helrazr70

Sounds like it is time for you to have a meet :)

Jimmy

agree'd, lets do it

Dude is a tool.

It's good that you respect his situation, but you are probably right. Your exhaust would not bother a kid in the house sleep. I know mine did not bother my son, and I ran it without a cat for a while.

:excl: Here comes the "If it were me" part.............{wait for it :ph34r: }

If it were me, there would be no way he'd keep bashing my car, just from sight. I probably would ahve been done at the "what are you gonna do with that" remark. I'd start having meets and BBQs at my house. And I'd dare him to come back in my yard and say something to me about it, again. And at least for the first week, I go out and start the car up and let it run for a few, everyday. Just to PO him, and to let him know I'm not to be f'ed with.

Indy might be on to something there.

i would do the same thing, or "clear the carbon out"

Right on!

I have neighbors that complained just once about me working on the car all night. I kindly told them that their constantly barking german shepard keeps me awake daily (i work nights) and the very next chance I had I wound the car out to 5k a few times with an open DP at 3am

Never heard a word from them again ... other than to tell me their dog mysteriously died one evening. Huh, .. I wonder what happened ;)

I have a great amount of patience but a short fuse for ignorance

please tell me you didnt do something to the dog, i have dogs, and my last neighbor has 2 huskies that someone poisoned

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

next time you see him coming toward your house call the cops, then let him know he should move if he's that worried about you obeying the rules. me, i don't play by the rules :lol: eff my neighbors ( even though they are 400' from me ), they love lopey cam'd motors and loud 2.6's :P ...they have these tropical birds that make A LOT of noise from dawn to late in the evening so ...

He needs to go live in a real loud area with "boom cars" rattling his windows every 5 minutes , i got a nayb like this tool , i threw a mini-meet and she through a FIT ! :lol: , came out ranting that i had turned the street in a "used car lot" , she got told to piss off and mind her own biz by the sq homeez and headed back indoors prompt style . :)

Sounds like it is time for you to have a meet :)

Jimmy

OH LETS DO DIS SHAT! B)

He wants to see a POS, wait until he see's MY SQ. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, ask his friend with the corvette to race. 390whp will be dead even with a c5 z06 with intake/headers/exhaust/tune. If he has anything less, or you have more hp, it would be sweet justice, and perhaps shut that nerd up.

People who b**** about hi-po cars need to be slapped in the face.

B)

im really lucky as far as neighbors go. if my neighbors dont like what im doing i can kick them out as i own their house. so needless to say i never hear one single complaint. the other neighbors are far enough away that whatever noise i make doesnt really make it to them and they dont seem to give a rats arse.

im really surprised you didnt cause him a whole lots bigger problem. however, i would most definetly go invest in some of those cameras like the hunters use or something just to be sure he dont mess with anything and at the same time, i think i might take indiana up on some of his ideas. this ought to get interesting.

oh and you should invite him over for a burger when you do have a meet.

Only time I get upset with my neighbors is when he lights off fire works after 10pm and not on the 4th or 5th, or even the month of July. I am getting some M80 and will light them off next to his window one of these days. I leave for work at 4 am when he is sleeping.

Tough deal there, I could never live in a neighborhood. My nearest neighbor is about 200 yds up the road and I can see his house from mine but thats it. They dont bother me and I dont bother them. I dont care when they mow or do any of that other stuff. Its their property and they can do whatever the heck they want on it, and I assume the same rights with me and my property. To many busybody nosy mfers these days. Just smile and single finger salute him every time you see him, and he'll get the message.

BC_99

Been there ...can't win. Even with the cops to verify...if dude is sick in the head, well guess what, he ain't going to change. Sucks that some people is like that, I know you Chris, if he didn't approach you like he did, ya'll would have have made peace some how, but NO...he had to be the DEUCE.

I'm lucky to live in a neighborhood on a lake where 2/3 of the residents are summer-only. My closest neighbor is one of the full-time residents, but he's the coolest guy on the block. Made friends with him as soon as we moved there, he's a car guy, snowmobile guy, ATV guy and his two teenage sons both drive japanese sports cars. Couldn't have asked for a better group to live near.

The only thing I could do without in my area is the 2 sets of speed bumps they put in in july and remove in late september every year. Not large enough to threaten any parts on my starion, but just VERY annoying.

wow

I live in a sub division with close neighbors

But i guess i have nice ones cause i work on my 2 sq's tell late in the a.m. on the weekends and they never complain

then i start my diesel truck with 5" straight pipe exhaust up at 5 a.m. 6 days a week to leave for work and it runs in the driveway for 10 to 15 min before i leave

i guess your buddy next door would love me

sorry to hear you have to live next door to people like that

I lived in an uppity class beach rental, I was renting an studio apartment had a pool a garage the works 100 yards from the shore.

Right next door is a gingerbread cottage Hansel & Grettle would have loved it. so did a popular radio personality Dr. L_ _ _ _

I was replacing the distributor on my 86 and setting the curb timing in the driveway about 2:30 3:00 in the PM.

Now mind you I lived there year round, and the good Dr. was seasonal, but I eventually heard it from my landlord that I wasn't allowed to.

So if you rent I'd be cool but if you are an owner, and they rent call their landlord, then make a tape of the guy coming over and being rude.

Then if the landlord doesn't work, call the PD, at least it will be more than your word agaist theirs

Most noise abatement laws are from 7:30am to 6:00pm at least they are in snoots ville

The guy sounds like a tool, but at the same time I know several couples with children under 1 year old and they hardly get any sleep. I'd try to keep cool for 6 months, after that his kid will be old enough the guy won't have much of an excuse.

It sounds like you've been more than patient with the tard. Does he have a wife? Perhaps at least one of them is sensable and talking to her could solve the problem.

If the dude is coming over in just shorts and sneaking up on you, maybe you could spray him with aircraft remover... you know accidentally while startled ;)

mm

The last time I had neighbor issues, the guy shouted at me so long, and got me so riled up that I pushed a shotgun shell (birdshot, just looking for noise) up his tailpipe with a coat hangar till it fell into his muffler.

He never asked, but I'm pretty sure he knew who did it....or at least thought about it when he changed his underwear.

Tim

P.S. Moving to Kansas will add ten years to my life, I am certain of it.

Maybe you need to reinforce to him that when his daughter is about 16 years old you will be the one complaining about all the Honda guys and the fart mufflers stalking his daughters house at all hours.

Dad

I've had trouble w/ neighbors like you can't believe... like the "Older Kids" next door (21-23yrs.) who mow their grass w/o a bagger, w/ the discharge pointed @ my driveway & (2) of my covered cars. They are actually able to cover, I mean COVER the entire side & top of both cars. Not to mention in my wheels. This for about 2 years straight. I stood next to my parked cars (1) time & the %$^*# went right by starting to cover me w/ discharged grass. Unfortunately, "someone" grabbed the handle on the mower, & took him & the mower further into their front yard. Police, NO Help... it's not against the law.(other than that someone who alledgelly grabbed the mower along w/ the mowee?) Still dealing w/ it, along w/ stay'n out of the Bondsman Office? How about a neighbor from another land w/ 15 others stay'n there... running a construction business out of the house. 4am evry morning/6 days a week w/ 20 subs load'n up in the middle of the street,a "dumpster" parked on the street across from my driveway. I had (4) flats on (1) vehicle in (1) year. Hit my Z28 in the winter... covered, didn't know about it until much later, crushed the front fender, had to "Pry" the driver door open. Strange how the hit lined up w/ the 250 HD truck of his directly across the street in his driveway... that all those in the house would drive, "w/o having a permit?". Hit the back of my Cobra in the driveway... only way I knew... the front transfer case was leak'n on his truck & left a trail of fluid from "IN MY Driveway"... to where he backed into his across the street. He's gone now... foreclosed, but not before he bought another a street away... foreclosed also, but not before he bought another house a couple streets away from that. @ least he's moving in the right direction!... SOUTH! But it didn't use to be this way... Not @ All! I knew I had made a good choice when closing on this place some years ago... when the Kids next door were littler (only had to deal w/ their baseball hitting the side of the vehicles... & on the other side: my neighbor had a "Trailer" parked out front of the house... it contained a "Show Quality Strip Custom 1970 "REAL" W30 442 w/ about the same 540RWP as my 67' Stang. He would start out just before my house head'n toward his just flash'n the converter... couldn't even see the rear of the car... for the smoke!, oh... a couple times every couple of weeks. Just to make sure the rest of the neighbors were "O.K." w/ it. AHhhhhh it was a beautiful sound & site. Most all have moved, or lost their homes though since then. (7) out of (13) houses on my cul-de-sac. I have to put reflective duct tape/"X's" on my car covers over my cars parked on the street in front of the house... "TRY'N" to remind the lazy new arrivals to "Stop" before hitting the car, when try'n to do their 3 point turns... instead of going 100yrds. down to the cul-de-sac & turn around in the circle? Ain't life GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEP, all the time! Gotta love that neighbor in what movie... think it was Randy Quaid w/ the V-8 mower, open headers...

My complaining neighbor is the same one who will start his harley at 5:45am and let it idle for a minutes or two before blasting off at what sounds like full throttle. That dumb harley is way louder than my car.

Ah memories! I lived in a townhouse for 15 years where a harley-head lived across the street from me. Yes, he did this morning routine once in awhile too but the worst thing was EVERY FRIKKEN WEDNESDAY NIGHT in the summer he'd have about half a dozen harley buds over. They'd sit in the open garage and yak and drink beer. (Fortunately no loud music!) But the racket between 1-2 am when the group broke up and the bikes all ROARED off always woke me up!! :angry:

Edited by Mnementh

I like other people's loud toys too, just hoping they would treat me with the same respect I treat them.

I know some of my stuff is loud but I go out of my way to be quiet when it's late at night or early AM (short shifting, taking different routes, etc.).

It'd be nice if people weren't selfish douchebags and actually thought about people around them from time to time.

It is clear to me that the OP wasn't doing anything wrong based on his recollection and his neighbor is just your typical VW emo kid with some sort of god complex...The kind of person that deserves that crap.

my neighbor tries to have my cars towed, one had expired tags because it didnt run so i couldnt do IM on it. The other one because it has no front plate.

always knocking on my door

"can you not wash clothes past 9pm, it makes noise"

me- "ok, ill wear dirty clothes tomorrow because you asked so nicely, can you not bother me with stupid ****?"

"can you turn down your stereo?"

me- "its 3pm on a saturday, its not loud and im watching a movie, go away"

when i buy a house, its going to be about 2 miles away from anything.