Any numbers guesses?

notfried

Im going to say numbers similar to my last motor that died in January. 275whp and 360wtq. Our set ups are very similar. The main differences are the cam and safc. My numbers were at 24psi, but the rockers where smashing into the valve seals, so my valve lift was compromised. Edited by nomad

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to say numbers similar to my last motor that died in January. 275whp and 360wtq. Our set ups are very similar. The main differences are the cam and safc. My numbers were at 24psi, but the rockers where smashing into the valve seals, so my valve lift was compromised.

what timing were you running and what cam?

267HP 337 ft/lbs

Now hit the damn dyno already! :)

I will!! My appointment isn't until Saturday, man.

Edited by notfried

petty excuses for "it makes no power at the moment", lol

um, no...I didn't even get done at Joe's house until after ten last night...he had safcII wiring problems...plus the turbo I bought from him took a dump on the way home...for the second time...but I can spin 'em through third with a 12a or break axles, so, I'm sure it makes decent power...I just can't wait to find out exactly what it puts down and when.

Edited by notfried

um, no...I didn't even get done at Joe's house until after ten last night...he had safcII wiring problems...plus the turbo I bought from him took a dump on the way home...for the second time...but I can spin 'em through third with a 12a or break axles, so, I'm sure it makes decent power...I just can't wait to find out exactly what it puts down and when.

Dude,

Sorry to hear that. Wasn't that turbo fresh from the shop?

L

Dude,

Sorry to hear that. Wasn't that turbo fresh from the shop?

L

yeah, they say they did it twice...if they rebuilt this turbo they do a pisspoor job that any ten year old can do...lol

I think the 12a gods are telling you something

20psi and spray that bish!!!

lol...I was thinking on running the 12a on the dyno and then compare it to the s16g someone gets it figured out...gotta tune the safcII anyway...mebbe try to degree my cam while I'm there.

Good luck. You say crank case vent problem, right? So there is excess pressure in the crank case and the oil can't drain properly from the turbo or what? Put some large bore breathers on there, man! If your goal is HP, your last concern should be emissions, under which catagory the stock "seperator" falls. Hope you aren't using it.

Also, are you spraying nitrous to spin through third? If not, you have some skinny, hard tires lol. I can't even spin 'em all the way through third. Hankook S2's.

even with a 2.25" K&N on the back of the valve cover it smokes when I go from full boost to throttle shut and spools slower than an 18g and doesn't hit near as hard as a 14g, or a 12a, for that matter...it only does that with this turbo on it.

the tires are 245's with alotta neg. camber, but they seem like a very hard compound (cheaptires.com...lol) and I shift hard and fast as heck when I'm mashin' the gas at full boost, though...and they break loose in third, not spin through the whole gear...they spin through 1st, 2nd, and I guess you'd say "slipp-ige" occurs goin' into third

came in expecting results.....left disappointed. :angry:

I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with my car...it smokes like a chimney when I let off the gas with thus turbo.

I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with my car...it smokes like a chimney when I let off the gas with thus turbo.

That last rear carbon seal maybe? I missed that when I rebuilt my turbo. Boy, talk about a smoke show. As soon as it ggot up to operating temp the car went into James Bond smokescreen mode haha