Home security

vbrad511

I have a system thats a few years old, it is a dedicated computer for 4 cameras at the house. I would recommend going to sams club, they have a 4 camera DVR with internet for about 500 bux.

I would not want this hooked to my computer that i use daily- cameras record on motion sensing and would eat up memory.... so get a dedicated system. I get about 3 to 4 weeks recording on it.

Dad

Thanks for the tips guys, but I think I've got it covered. This is actually for my mom's apartment. She's under the impression the maintenance people are coming in and using her stove and getting on her computer. I'm reasonably certain it's not happening, but I'm playing along, just to be sure. Also not going to spend bookoo bucks on this. Just ordered a webcam and found that Windows Movie Maker will probably do for the program. I may have to put a bigger drive in her desktop, but I'll worry about that when the time comes.

How about the old bowling ball over the door trick? There are so many ways to tell if someone enters your house.A tiny piece of string or paper in the door so if opened it falls.A piece of thread tied to the door knob so if opened it breaks etc..I would find out if someone is entering first before you spend any money.If there is someone coming into your house then you can figure out what type of surveillance you need.I personally would wait in the closet with a baseball bat.

why not add an aditional dead bolt to each door,, with a diff key,, then place a small sign over the door saying "smile your on camera"

or simply replace all the door locks, if you think they have a key to the house

I will likely add an internal drive to it. 1tb from Newegg is under $100. And we can't change the locks, she lives in a senior living center. They've got to have a key for maintenance, but don't have any business on her computer, or rummaging through things (like she thinks). I'm gonna set it up and let her tinker with it a bit, just to satisfy her.

just be sure to remind her the cam runs untill you turn it off ,,few years ago when this internet camera was just geting start'd i was talking to my daughter

on yahoo , her lap top is in her bed room , i sign'd off and sign'd back on a few hours later , she had forgot to turn hers off OOPs and was geting ready to take a shower , she almost faint'd when i call'd her and said turn that camera off girl (she was still in her undies but very red face'd )