Brain Tumor guys, beleive it or not

jwrape

So I forgot, imagine that, that I had not informed you guys of my former condition until Grant text'd me reminding me of my former 87' Conquests he found on the side of the road again after being bought by the second owner past the guy I sold it to with a broken timing chain.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand. On Dec. 13th 2010 I had a CT scan done because I had pressure behind my left eye for over a month and was getting concerned. I went to the eye doctor to be checked for Glaucoma (<spelling) and he said I had a bad sinus infection, take some flownase for 2 weeks, if it doesn't go away then I should get a CT Scan to see if I had a Tumor. Well 2 weeks later I called him back and set it up and guess what? I had a Egg sized Brain Tumor on my left lobe. Long story short, they didn't know what it was and it had to be removed before I would have had a stroke 2 years later because it was closing off my Cerebral Tunnel that the spinal fluid runs.

Well, on January 31st 2011, I had it removed. Wasn't scared believe it or not. I am a Christian man and had over 1000 people, a lot knew me and a lot didn't, praying 24/7 for me. Surprisingly I was calm all the way up to being put to sleep.

6 hrs later, the surgeon came to my wife and said "Your Husband is a lucky man! 5-10% of my patients leave without cancer with a mass that large." I am was prayed over and I was praying and I was blessed to live through a huge hole in my skull and all that and now, a month later I am 95% back to normal, less about 25 lbs and I am not strong enough to run YET... Everything else works perfectly.

HOW bout that one.....???? I can hardly believe it and have been thanking God ever since....

Just thought I would share with those of you who have met me and remember me from the one show I went to in my old Mercedes C320 back about 3 years ago. I know Justin (Fanta) and Grant know me and a few more maybe

post-12159-129953748815_thumb.jpg

Wonderful that you are doing good! I completely understand what you are going through, as if some remember my postings from last year when I found out, I also have a brain tumor in the third ventricle of my brain right where the csf flows. Mine is nowhere near the size yours was, currently between a pea and a grape to reference, and I hope daily that it never gets that large.

You sound like you have everything under wraps, emotionally and all. If you ever need anything please dont hesitate to message me or call. I joined a great support group based at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston Salem, Nc and they have helped ease some of the worries I've had.

Miracles happen every day don't they :)

Thats great news that it's clean. My son recently had an aneurysm burst in his head, Thank god that the cat scans and MRI's came back OK, Prayer can be a very strong healer, Good luck with the Recovery.

Dad

A big prayer goes out to you my friend,you be surprised of the power of prayer to overcome any obstacle.

Get well soon!... :)

God bless you. That is quite a story. That was quite a tumor! Take care of yourself and recover properly. It was not your time to go, you still have work to do on this earth. ;)

What a blessing! He is still the same Christ that performed many miracles 2000 years ago and you man are living proof of it! Wish you much health, prosperity and continued peace that has brought you through this major storm :)

God bless,

Renato

thats great news , esp when the doc tells you they only pratice medicene,,you'd think after 6 k years they could do better then pratice,

two hospitals told us last week one of our 3 yr old g-g-daughters had lukemia , i said no dam way redo your tests , this time it came back that she has a bad kidney infection ,,now thats one huge turn arround .

yea, i about fell out in the floor when he told me. we dont keep a whole lots of contact even though we live in the same town. if id have known i would have surely been by the hospital to visit or something. kinda blows you away when someone you know has something some wild go on and you dont know about it.

Wow just saw this thread!! Glad you are alright ! I had an aneyrism build up in my brain without my knowing it and towards the middle of November it burst and gave my body a stroke !! You never know these things are forming in your brain. All I felt was a snap of a rubber band and air bubbles in my brain next thing I know I'm found knocked out cold on the garage floor and then to ER for EKG and all kinds of tests. I hope you don't have any troubles of the brain because of that tumor ! Mine left me with occasional speech problems here months later. And every day a nose bleed ! The reason I'm on here right now..been bleeding since maybe 5:30... Of course its better than being dead !! Good luck to you !! Edited by Kreal

• 3 weeks later...

yea, i about fell out in the floor when he told me. we dont keep a whole lots of contact even though we live in the same town. if id have known i would have surely been by the hospital to visit or something. kinda blows you away when someone you know has something some wild go on and you dont know about it.

While I appreciate the thought, the Hospital was Duke University and would have been a long drive to visit. :-) Thanks for thinking of me brother. The prayers and good wishes definately kept me alive and cancer free.

The size of that tumor could have been terminal if it was a Stage 3 or 4 but God made sure it wasn't Cancer and just a learing experience.

Life changing experience all around

Holy crap dude - I'm truly glad you've come out strong and okay in all of this.

Honestly, if you need anything - don't hesitate to buzz me.

I appreciate it. I am officially back at work since last Tuesday and doing great. Remembering tons more than I expected. It's a surprise on my recollection.

The only little thing I have left is a small amount of swelling that you don't even notice unless I point it out.

Otherwise you would never know.

Today i am wearing a T-shirt that says "Brain Tumor Suck" across the front. Everyone here loves it. LOL!

I hope you don't have any troubles of the brain because of that tumor ! Mine left me with occasional speech problems here months later. !!

I studder every now and then, but nothing you would notice. It's so slight that only I notice. I haven't had any issues with speech except total loss of speech for a week after the surgery due to the swelling.

Honestly, the Dr. said he was proud of my recovery. Everyone is shocked at how well I took it all, including myself. It was a life changing experience.

Strangely clarifying. You see things for what they are now as opposed to a sugar coated life that I used to live. In other words i am not just the passive person that doesn't say what he thinks if it hurts your feelings. I will speak up now but still try to be nice about it. I have found that honesty and speaking your mind works better. Otherwise no one knows your opinion on the subject at hand. Furthermore, most of the time, people appreciate the honesty.

It affected your spelling, though.

No, my spelling has always been a little off. I was good in math and nothing else. Now my math is slipping too with age. I'm just up a creek academically. :-)

Oh and the follow up MRI looks like a scare in my head. You can see about 5-10% of the Tumor left in there but no harm done. The Dr. said that he would only be able to remove about 90-95%. It's benign and Cancer free... Woohoo!

Check it out

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/jwrape/FixedBrain.jpg

Edited by jwrape