Who is coming to PF11?

helrazr70

I called and asked in 2005 about getting back in the parade and I believe their offical words were that we would "NEVER be allowed back in the parade again." The lady I talked to asked me if I was talking about "those loud little cars that were causing all the problems last year." She said that we were a safety concern and liability because there were too many people doing rolling and stationary burnouts in the middle of crowded streets. (A couple of guys got really stupid and fish-tailed a little when there were children and families along the curbs and on the street.

The police almost pulled us out of the parade on more than one occasion that night. The cops almost pulled Cooper out more than once. He was behind me and he said they told him one more burnout and he and possibly the rest of us would be diverted out of the parade at the next intersection. The parade staff was very disappointed in our actions and conduct.

If someone wants to call and see what they can do, go right ahead.

...but remember: Being in the parade makes for a very late night and I know some folks like their sleep --and the parade is the night before the morning most people are planning to leave. (Sunday July 3rd)

I remember in 2004 we had to be staged by 11pm and the parade starts at midnight. By the time we got back to the hotel it was about 3:30-4:00am. (It would have been a little earlier but we had an issue at the end of the parade route that delayed some of us a little)

I don't see us getting back in unless: 1.) They forgot about 2004. 2.) There is nobody there that remembers who we are and what we did.

Oh yeah! Good point! lol

That's too bad we had to ruin it like that back in 2004. I think we were all just excited to be together for once...we kinda felt obligated to show off a little. Ok, maybe more than a little. Then, once one person did it, monkey see - monkey do, more and more people joined in. I'll admit, I did a couple burnouts in the parade that year. I was also 17 years old at the time. A lot of us were a lot younger then. We've matured a great deal (well most of us anyways) and I know if we all had a good talking to before the parade starts, we would all be on our best behavior. All and all...it does make for a very late night, and it would be the morning most of us will be departing. I think a group dinner is good enough, as far as getting a group together and doing something social and fun.

Have any group dinner plans been made yet? Is that restaurant open anymore, that we used to go to?

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have any group dinner plans been made yet? Is that restaurant open anymore, that we used to go to?

This fish camp restaurant is long gone I believe. The restaurant from 2004 requires a credit card and a guaranteed attendance.

We may have to make plans once we get there. I am now too far away to go scouting and there are new restaurants popping up every year. Maybe someone local can check out the area...

Huck Finn's is just up the road and within walking distance. I would say that is a possibility. We could find another place to do a group car photo.

The other option is picnic/grilling out if we can find the right place on that crowded weekend.

I never heard back from the guy who owns the store/tiki bar on Hwy 32. I will try again this week sometime.

If I had room in the car, I'd bring a grille and things...but I really am maxed out, even though it's just me for the drive down this year.

I'm bringing my sleeping bag, clothes, ECI-Checker like usual, ALL of my service manuals for those interested to flip through them, some car parts I've sold, a tool box, camera, and I'm sure I'm forgetting things too.

I live in KNoxville...ILL BE THERE!! if anybodys car breaks...I have access to a FULL repair/machine shop. I might have to leave Saturday to go race, but Ill be back the next day like a bad rash....LOL

I live in KNoxville...ILL BE THERE!! if anybodys car breaks...I have access to a FULL repair/machine shop. I might have to leave Saturday to go race, but Ill be back the next day like a bad rash....LOL

my phone# is 865-679-7515 I also own a rollback to get you to the shop. just cover my fuel for the tow...

Hell YES! Way to go, boss!

Tim

im coming. thanks for stepping up with all of this chris. i was thinking last night its about time for a thread to pop up and see what happens. although im curious how you plan to bring a car when you dont currently own one. i should be there in mine, provided it will act right. if your gonna call the hotel, how about remind them that we come back to them every year and perhaps they can offer a little better discount than normal cause its not really all that good most of the time. perhaps even if they only offer a little better discount on say the first 20 rooms or something. times are tighter than any of us would like and anything would help.

it was discussed something last year about a cookout of somesort. since things are pretty tyight for lots of people, i think a cookout would be killer at the hotel. this way anyone who wants to eat can contribute. the only thing with this is it would almost need to be a ticket for food or something like that. maybe 2$ a ticket or something , keeps the cost down and anything over the cost of what the food cost goes to the man who supplies the grill or something. we would need to be sure the hotel is cool with that and that there are no city ordinances against us cooking in the parking lot.

i do think we need to setup a time for dragon or area 32 runs quite far in advance and be sure anyone who wants to go can know about it in plenty of time. we dont want any poss. of a repeeat of last year.

1. UlrichWolf (Tim) X

2. helrazr70 (Chris) X

3. Ken_B. (Ken) X

4. pure_insanity (grant) X

I think this is a great idea, Grant.

Some more interest has been expressed about getting the cars back in the Gatlinburg midnight parade this year. (Midnight Sunday July 3rd)

Parade info link: Click Here!

How many of you WILL attend if we can get them to let us back in?

You will have to leave the Pigeon Forge hotel around 9:30pm to get through traffic to Gatlinburg by the staging time of 11:00-11:30pm. The streets of Gatlinburg will be closed at 11pm. The parade starts at midnight and runs for about 1.0-1.5hrs. Afterward you will have at least 1.0-2.0 hour drive in heavy traffic back to the hotel. So plan to be gone for about 5.5hrs from ~9:30pm to ~3:00am. (unless traffic is lighter this year than in the past) There are over 100,000 people in attendance for this parade every year and this is a TINY town. Traffic gets ugly because of the pedestrian traffic, lack of parking, and the sheer abundance of cars. If your car runs hot, overheats in traffic, or you have small bladder this isn't for you. (You can keep largemouth bottles in the car in case of emergency. :P )

I will set up a poll on another thread in the BS section for your answers. Please don't answer here. Answer the poll and express your answers on the poll thread.

Thanks.

:)

Ok guys, I have a friend coming with me to help split costs of gas, since he was coming as well. He decided to ride with me instead. He needs a room. He can help split the cost of a room, but needs to know how much, so does anyone have an opening?

Would have him in our room, but there's already 5 of us in a double. :blink:

PM me with what offer ya got. B)

sleeping bag + pillow + floor

By the way - as for the driving run - to help have it as a club as a whole, why not try to arrange for at the end of the route somewhere either A- a photoshoot or B- cookout/find a restaurant to terrorize

By the way - as for the driving run - to help have it as a club as a whole, why not try to arrange for at the end of the route somewhere either A- a photoshoot or B- cookout/find a restaurant to terrorize

Because not everyone wants to go on the driving runs--and not everyone wants to go at the same time. ...and not everyone who can't bring their SQ wants to take their daily driver out on a driving run. The driving runs are pretty far from the hotel as well.

I think the group meal would probably be best held somewhere near the hotel in the PF area for logistical reasons and for the best participation level.

Thoughts? Input?

To those who plan to do the Area 32 run......there is a shortcut to get there instead of having to go into downtown Gatlinburg (my dad showed us last year). In case I don't do the 32 run this year....make sure whoever is leading the group gets up with me or pop first. Last year our group got separated and we waited like 30 minutes for the other guys to show.

To those who plan to do the Area 32 run......there is a shortcut to get there instead of having to go into downtown Gatlinburg (my dad showed us last year). In case I don't do the 32 run this year....make sure whoever is leading the group gets up with me or pop first. Last year our group got separated and we waited like 30 minutes for the other guys to show.

but still had a blast but does make me wonder if coke wouldnt have wrecked if he was in out pack

My car just told me that she didn't wanna go. I changed my oil...and I found a significant amount of metal in the filter/magnetic drain plug. I'm on the fence now..whether or not I should be trusting it that far now.

That gas station on the end of the dragon/129 is a nice little stop. The restaruant isnt bad either, then we could hit cherohalla skyway (prob spelled wrong!) Where is Area 32??

Area 32 is in the complete opposite direction.