Ok...Another...well its a 1JZ....

BOHO

Cool beans sup. I'm glad there is atleast one other 1jz guy I can talk to. The 2jz is so similar but almost nothing fits..lol. Its like its all the same concept but just different. I redid some work today...was very happy with the way most of it came out. I'm litterally waiting on a p/s fitting and radiator hoses to get this thing running I'm so pumped...it actually looks like its supposed to be in there. Starting to look "clean"...the way I like it. I wish I had the money to go single now...

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss85/bohocst/CIMG0823.jpg

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss85/bohocst/CIMG0817.jpg

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss85/bohocst/CIMG0818.jpg

Thanks guys. I'm reworking the wiring right now and my new p/s fitting will be in today.

I'm trying to measure for the driveshaft...I can't get under the car with it not jacked up. Definately want to make sure this is something that is right the first time. I was thinking that as long as the rear is compressed it wouldn't be much different but I might be off base.

I fixed the gearbox mishap, ran radiator hoses, Welded the flange for BOV on..looks good and dropped the driveshaft off. They said it would get done on monday. I'm hoping to drive the car on monday....SUPER PUMPED....

I have to figure out the clutch line. Some of the other guys said they used a "stock" braided line. I have the line from jolyrgr. Its about 2 inches short. I was thinking of "un curling" the factory hardline and it would fit perfect. I don't want to kink it though.

So all thats left is Exhaust, Clutch line, and Driveshaft. YAY!!!!!

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss85/bohocst/CIMG0824.jpg

Edited by BOHO

I fixed the gearbox mishap, ran radiator hoses, Welded the flange for BOV on..looks good and dropped the driveshaft off. They said it would get done on monday. I'm hoping to drive the car on monday....SUPER PUMPED....

I have to figure out the clutch line. Some of the other guys said they used a "stock" braided line. I have the line from jolyrgr. Its about 2 inches short. I was thinking of "un curling" the factory hardline and it would fit perfect. I don't want to kink it though.

So all thats left is Exhaust, Clutch line, and Driveshaft. YAY!!!!!

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss85/bohocst/CIMG0824.jpg

Exhaust? Baaaaaaha who needs one of THOSE? :lol:

I fired it up again today. Not leaking anything....W T F IS UP!!!....I wish I didn't have to raise it up but I'm definately scared...And Oil pan thats only 3 inches off the ground is DANGER DANGER!!!...but man it looks good.

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss85/bohocst/CIMG0826.jpg

Oh...and it has a high idle...I'm guess vac leak but I havn't found it yet. I put the air compressor on it but couldn't hear where it was coming from. Not sure yet. Maybe I havn't let it run long enough or the exhaust not being done yet Its not as High as I think.

Edited by BOHO

braden, the high idle may be sometghing of a 1-2jz thing. a buddy of mine has a 94 ls300 lexus with a 2jz and it has a high idle when you crank it up. doesnt seem to want to come down untill you pull it in gear. ive been all over it and havent found a vacum leak so i think its a flaky coolant temp sensor or something that tells its fast idle control what to do. after its warm and been put in gear and moved, it idles correctly. i havent spent any real time looking into what controls it as hes not really worried about it and his stepson just drives the piss out of it. then again, the high idle on his sounds way too high but its only about 1100 rpm. sounds much higher.

Grant,

I'm thinking once I get the exhaust hooked up and get some real run time on it I'll be able to tell the difference. It sounds like its around 1500 though...probably have a vacum line off somewhere and don't know it. I don't have a tach yet...or speedo... I need to get oil pressure and temp worked out first...

If your idle doesn't go down after it heats up, u need to check to see if you have 12v at the iac valve. If you do kits either dirty or stuck open. Edited by serpentkilla

That looks really good B, we need some sort of emblems made. Or maybe not, I love the look on peoples face when I go screaming pass them wastegate open, turbo spooled and f ing booking.

Thanks serpent. It doesn't look near as good as yours and vettes...and that other guys....and that other guys...lol..

I don't mean to sound like a retard but Whats the Jag valve? I tried googling it but no results.

Thanks serpent. It doesn't look near as good as yours and vettes...and that other guys....and that other guys...lol..

I don't mean to sound like a retard but Whats the Jag valve? I tried googling it but no results.

That was my stupid phone, I meant IACV.

Driveshaft was a total fail. Machine shop said they could do something but really couldn't. I'm going to a driveshaft shop in the morning to see what they say. I measured 29 3/4 for my measurements...

For the clutch line I just went to Advance Auto and got a brake line at the distance I needed- worked awesome. My 1jz when you first hit the key idles high 1600 rpm and as she warms up she smooths out to 800-900.

Thanks sup.

Ok guys....my remote oil filter crap is no good...well the lines anyways...they a dicked up....I was curious of how big of a deal you think it will be to run no oil cooler and just put the flter on the block....At least for now. I'm not going to be running the car hard and it will be at stock boost for now. I just can't afford to get new lines right now. ??

The other thing....I took the drive shaft to the machine shop.....Apparently its a big deal....he can't find the parts and is waiting until tuesday (for some reason) to hear back from Napco......he said if he can find the right slip yoke I'm in business...He said the one from from the r154...the u-joint is bad and cannot be replaced because of the design...he is a very smart old man and I trust him...But does this sound right? He said if the u-joint was good he could just sleeve it but since its bad it wouldn't help me long. I just don't want to have it at the last minute and the meet is in 2 weeks.... : (

Well,

My IAC is definately stuck open....But...If I block it off completely the engine starves to death. It won't even think about idleing right. If I just leave it cracked a hair...it is perfect...good response etc. I'm not sure whats going on yet. I'm trying to make a video now but my camera is dead.

Disregard....I found that I didn't have 12v at the iacv...I didn't check it like Serp Said....Found the right wire on the factory harness and now I'm in business. starts right up...smooth idle....I'll make another vid just so you guys can see.... :)

Little bit of white smoke..that might burn off since the motor was sitting for so long...but I think a turbo might be bad...oh well......

I cannot believe how smooth this thing is...The only thing I can hear is exhaust... The timing belt...valve train...its so quiet...

Edited by BOHO