Ok...Another...well its a 1JZ....

BOHO

Oh and thanks for the compliment. I went to start it up today and have a major fuel leak...I'm working on it...hopefully will fire it up later today...Its the little things that piss you off :)

Oh and thanks for the compliment. I went to start it up today and have a major fuel leak...I'm working on it...hopefully will fire it up later today...Its the little things that piss you off :)

hope you're making a video of the first start up...think of it as motivation for others including myself. JZ engines are bada$*

This swap is very tempting.

that sucks bro- :( Let us know what you find out when you look everything over. I would suggest checking to make sure the coils have 12v - also that the iscv circuit is seeing 12v. Make sure that the fuel pump going. look for the obvious reasons- Make sure that the engine is grounded- you have three on the engine - Block, one on the back of the head, and also one on the intake.

I am fighting a growling p/s pump myself - but the steering is nice and smooth- got to somehow get all the air out of the system - It frothed up on my so I am thinking I am going to have to dump and start over- I also need to find out what happened to my speedo- was working but now just stopped tonight- IT is a blast to drive though- hehe so much fun-

that sucks bro- :( Let us know what you find out when you look everything over. I would suggest checking to make sure the coils have 12v - also that the iscv circuit is seeing 12v. Make sure that the fuel pump going. look for the obvious reasons- Make sure that the engine is grounded- you have three on the engine - Block, one on the back of the head, and also one on the intake.

I am fighting a growling p/s pump myself - but the steering is nice and smooth- got to somehow get all the air out of the system - It frothed up on my so I am thinking I am going to have to dump and start over- I also need to find out what happened to my speedo- was working but now just stopped tonight- IT is a blast to drive though- hehe so much fun-

supturbo, try a little stp oil treatment in the ps system. not much like maybe 3 large spoonfulls. a little more wont hurt but may notbe nessecary. this works great on ford ps systems. i even run some in my mitsu stuff. just seems to really help most any of them.

Oh yeah....and what did you guys do for the temp sensor? Anyway to use the stock gauge or would I have to put a factory starion sensor in for it to work?

Thanks...sorry for the stupid questions.

I would drive down there and whoop your arse if you use that stock crap on that motor. oh and like that speedo that's hot lmao Edited by serpentkilla

I'm trying to figure out what to do about a speedo...Does anyone know if this speedo will work with the r154 sending unit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INTELLITRONIX-DIGITAL-SPEEDOMETER-BLUE-/130448439081?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item1e5f553729

It does not come with a sending unit so that sucks. The cyberdyne gauge that i got came with the sending unit. summit sells just the sending unit. im pretty sure that will work with that gauge. For temp and oil pressure, just save your money and get something decent. stay away from the digital stuff.

My r154 has the electronic hook up already on it...no cable feed. I've got a mechanical autometer I cound use but...I'm not sure what to do..I don't know if the ECU has to have a temp sensor or if its just for guages...I don't want to tap and drill holes of not necessary. I don't know......I guess I don't know alot...I can't even get the fargin motor to run and I'm worried about a speedo...what kind of a douche bag does that?? Edited by BOHO

lol..Well...If I have an aftermarket digital water temp guage....Can I tie into the 1jz sensor?

you can just take the sender out of that water neck that was for the stock soarer gauge and replace it with the new one. the small one is for the gauge and the large one is for the ecu.

My r154 has the electronic hook up already on it...no cable feed. I've got a mechanical autometer I cound use but...I'm not sure what to do..I don't know if the ECU has to have a temp sensor or if its just for guages...I don't want to tap and drill holes of not necessary. I don't know......I guess I don't know alot...I can't even get the fargin motor to run and I'm worried about a speedo...what kind of a douche bag does that??

The sender that came with my r154 i could not get to work with my gauge thats why i bought the other one. The ecu just needs the larger sender. You need to make sure your getting switch 12v also 12v when your cranking. That could be your issue, i had the same problem.

Boho -

What year quest you swapping this into? For the main and switched I tapped into the factory ecu wires for the ecu power part of it. - I have a seperate relay wired in to fuel, ignitor(black and red/org), isvc(black and red/org) wires. For temp the green plug is ecu and the smaller one right next to it is gauge. I got an r154 from a Supra guy on Supramania with the cable type speedo so I cant help there.

Also like everyone is saying make sure that switched is 12v constant through all key postions.

The ISVC cicuit is one the the black/org wires and yes it needs switched 12v or a no start will result. This was my issue when I first tried to start also- I had to do some digging and looking at schematics to find/figure it out.

Shoot a pic of your plugs remaining on the harness should be like 3 grey and 1 white. Or what plug wire you are connecting to power.

LOL -- I never thought about the speedo app - damn good thinking.

Its an 87. I can't get 12v to the facotory ECU power wires. I replaced the "main" relay..didn't help. I have 12v at the fusible ECI link... I'm just going to wire everything off a fuse block and say screw it.

The weather has been so bad I can't work on the damn thing.

Its an 87. I can't get 12v to the facotory ECU power wires. I replaced the "main" relay..didn't help. I have 12v at the fusible ECI link... I'm just going to wire everything off a fuse block and say screw it.

The weather has been so bad I can't work on the damn thing.

Are you using the factory main relay? if so dont forget to ground it.. it doesnt ground through the body, but through one of the wires.. sounds dumb lol but i did the same thing.. lol.. i messed with it for a couple hoours before i figured it out..

I gave up on the no start for a while..Still wanted to make some progress so I worked on IC...

For the record I'm very disapointed in some of my work. Little things like being off 1/8 of an inch are stupid. I'm going to redo the cross member and take another out of a donor car. It was an experiment that didn't work out like I wanted it too. Overall...its functional...

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss85/bohocst/CIMG0811.jpg

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss85/bohocst/CIMG0813.jpg

My no start issue continues..I accidently found that this wire is live....I don't know what it goes to or if I need it...Anyone know. I've got full 12v to the four ECU prongs needed..and the ground on E-1...Both black/orange and black/red wires have 12v also on the other plug. I think this is my missing link? Anyone know?

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss85/bohocst/CIMG0814.jpg

Another major problem I just found...

Even if trans is in neutral...the shaft is spinning when the motor turns....I don't know if this means I dicked the clutch up or the trans...I'm not having a good day...

Oh yeah...Engine has good ground and the square clip in that pic is also grounded I think its an ignitor ground.

Edited by BOHO

From what I've read I think the brown wire needs to be grouned. And the black/orange wire is only for noise filter. Which I think I have one from an old FIP unit. I might hook it up if its necessary. I'm hoping the brown wire is the ground for the ignitor. Not sure but its the right color to be a ground...

I went to ground the intake...I put a wrench on the dipstick bracket bolt...bolt broke off...its stupid things like this that make me want to throw things.

Did you make sure your 12v power wire at the ECM going to the ignitor has 12v while cranking. Not just key on it needs it cranking also. I see a ground off it the pic with you holding up the broken connector also. The one that bolts to the lower intake. Edited by vettekiller593
  • Like 1