Ok...Another...well its a 1JZ....

BOHO

Vette- the flywheels are the same between 1j/2j however the bolt patterns for the clutchs are not- Thats why most peeps go with a 1jz fly when bolting it up to R154. If you went 2j you can either bolt on a 1j flywheel or have it redrilled. But sice BOHO has 1j the flywheels are interchangeable with 7m.

Man...I did not have a good day with the starion...

I was cutting and beating on the trans tunel and my drivers side jack stand shifted and fell...I was under the car. I was able to call a friend to come by and raise the car back up...my side is bruised to hell and back but I think I'm ok...Thas was the longest 30 minutes of my life...

After researching clutches..I decided to try this one first...because i just can't afford a new one right now...I lined it up...No I can't get the trans on the last inch...I must be off a hair or something....I also cut the radiator support because I didcked it up also...I'm going to drink a beer or 6 and try again tomorrow...I'm beat...

Man...I did not have a good day with the starion...

I was cutting and beating on the trans tunel and my drivers side jack stand shifted and fell...I was under the car. I was able to call a friend to come by and raise the car back up...my side is bruised to hell and back but I think I'm ok...Thas was the longest 30 minutes of my life...

After researching clutches..I decided to try this one first...because i just can't afford a new one right now...I lined it up...No I can't get the trans on the last inch...I must be off a hair or something....I also cut the radiator support because I didcked it up also...I'm going to drink a beer or 6 and try again tomorrow...I'm beat...

Holy crap man, I'm glad you're ok. I'm not sure there is enough of me to last if a car fell on me, though.

The 2jz never came with the r154, the came with the v160 (6spd turbo) and the w58(5spd NA) So when ordering a clutch for your 1jz go with the 7Mgte clutch kit or MK3 (86-92). now for the 2jz guys the flywheels between the jz motors are interchangeable but you have to specify which transmission you have when buying the clutch, same goes for the bell housing. Im using a south bend clutch kit, the OFE stage 3 http://www.dxdracingclutches.com/

I had my son helping me lower the motor and he let it down to fast, it bent the radiator support really bad. I just recently fixed it. Im glad to hear your ok, dont let this thing beat ya up just take your time.

Well...Got some stuff back together today and didn't get hurt :)Got trans back together..slave.. ....Had starter and Alternator checked...did some wiring...

What is the stock Fuel pressure on this thing? Anyone know? I'm going to keep my Aeromotive where it is because of my setup. I'm just going to set it to the factory pressure and let it ride for a while.

Also. I'm still not sure what to do on the Alternator wiring. Its a 3 wire..Any suggestions would be great...Thanks guys...will post pics soon.

hmmmmm. :D you got me there. for whatever reason i wasnt thinking about it being a swapped motor. my setup is with a 2.6. ok i will start thinking before i talk from now on.

Yeah, but you make most interesting statements when you don't think. :lol: We all do.

Well...Got some stuff back together today and didn't get hurt :)Got trans back together..slave.. ....Had starter and Alternator checked...did some wiring...

What is the stock Fuel pressure on this thing? Anyone know? I'm going to keep my Aeromotive where it is because of my setup. I'm just going to set it to the factory pressure and let it ride for a while.

Also. I'm still not sure what to do on the Alternator wiring. Its a 3 wire..Any suggestions would be great...Thanks guys...will post pics soon.

Have a look here for the alt wiring http://www.forum.mkiiisupra.net/showthread.php?t=32436, for the fuel pressure on the 1jz it should be at 42 psi with the vacuum line disconnected.

Thanks serpent...I can't wait to get this thing running....I hope the motor and components are allright....

No prob, i wish i could see the look on your face when you drive it for the first time. what are you gonna do for boost cut?

Kinda off topic... but! Hey BOHO what paint/powder did you use on you 2.6's valve cover in the Sig Pic? I likey :lol:

Can of red paint from Autozone... :)

I'm not 100% yet serpent...From what I've read...the 1jz ecu will take up to 15psi without a FCD....For now I honestly want it at 13...on the stock twins...I'm trying to budget this thing...I found that the GT4 or MR2 injectors will work on this stock rail and are 440's...I might do that and then single it.

I had one of the HKS FCD's on my 86 starion and it didn't work worth a s***...but neither did anything else so I'm not sure though. You have any suggestions?

I'm not 100% yet serpent...From what I've read...the 1jz ecu will take up to 15psi without a FCD....For now I honestly want it at 13...on the stock twins...I'm trying to budget this thing...I found that the GT4 or MR2 injectors will work on this stock rail and are 440's...I might do that and then single it.

I had one of the HKS FCD's on my 86 starion and it didn't work worth a s***...but neither did anything else so I'm not sure though. You have any suggestions?

I have the 440's of my engine still.

I have the 440's of my engine still.