Ok...Another...well its a 1JZ....

BOHO

Anyones day ever go from bad to holy fak this is bs I'm going to kill something???

I was leaking a hair of p/s fluid at the gear box....I took off my fittings and resealed them...went to reinstall...and it broke off in the gearbox....

damn dude sounds like my build. If you don't do things atleast three times its never right..lol About your tranny still spinning in neutral, they all do that. I just had my car off the ground the other day running it and the tires still spin even when its in neutral.

Spinning tires when in neutral "usually" means good trans -

I also found today that I am leaking a tad bit of fluid on the pump - arrghhh - fitting broke blows though

Noise filter has two wires hooked to it- as what you are showing in pic above.

I am guessing its a cranking 12v issue - you could go off the Quest fat blue/pink wire - This wire is 12v when key is on and through cranking.

I used a separate fuse block off the battery for the ECU hookups. Then I used the 2 Power (solid red) wires from the factory ecu harness for the black/red and black orange wires...I'm not sure if they have power when cranking. kinda hard to do both with just me. I'll try to figure it out tomorrow.

I had a wire wrong...Was not on the right circuit......MY BAD!!! trial and error...now If I can just get everything to stop leaking....lol

I kind wasn't thinking about the p/s still bing dicked up...It shot fluid everwhere like a gusher..lol...WHO CARES....ITS ALIVE!!!!!! WWOOOO HOOO...

I plan on it...I need to clean up the wiring. Fix the oil and p/s leaks. Run coolant hose and get the Driveshaft done....and work on the exhaust...lol...Its still got alot but hey..its bolted in and running...Its got to be down hill from here right..

Are you going to be at the showdown Tim? I wish you would bring the 5.0 turbo car.... :)

As far as right now,i plan to be there with the car.As long as nothing comes up.I doubt ill get to run it though.its a little too far from home to break something.the silver quest is gone now so im down to only one.I plan to stay that way,lol

I'll have to ride in your car...will be nice to ride in a car that actually has power...haha. I'm really excited about having a stock twin turbo 1jz running in a quest though...I havn't been this pumped about a starion in a long time.

Thanks guys...I'm very excited about the starion being back on the road again. I hope that the next video is the car leaving the driveway....and NOT on a tow truck... :)

I've never done any exhaust work but I'm looking forward to trying to get this...I had full 3" on the g54 and I think I can make a short adapter pipe...but the motor mount is very tight. I can't put a full 90 so it has to be angled funny to come off the flange right...I don't know how to explain it but I think I can make it fit.

I really think I want to find some stock 2jz injectors and I think that they will meet my needs. I might be delusional but I think I'm going to be happy with 400hp on a single. I talked with jonboy and I might go with the 1.5jz... The options are endless with this.

One thing I want opinions on is what to do about fuel cut??? Do I get a 2jz map? Do I run the HKS FCD? From what I've read even if I just run 12-14 psi I'm going to hit the cut. I'm not sure which route to go yet.

From my understanding...the 1jz map will only handle 17.5 psi. So even if I get a FCD i could never go over that mark. Its hard to wade through other peoples crap....I'll do some more research and let you know. I really appreciate the offer....The cars you guys have built are awesome.

Its been prove that the 1j and 2j map are the same. There is a huge write up on it over on Supramania forums.

You will need an SAFC2 - if you plan on going with the 440's or you will foul plugs at idle in closed loop since the 1j aready idles extremly rich. However in WOT the 440's from what I have read are great for going past stock boost. I plan on doing this also- but going to work the twins until they die while getting the necessary support equipment.

I dont plan on running the baby twins that high- lol -

when I go single I will probably take the car to Chicago and go standalone.

That being said with 440's you wont hit fuel cut- but you will need to lean it out in closed loop as the ecu just follows preprogrammed fuel map and wont be able to compensate with the bigger injectors. This is why an SAFC2 or some sort of air fuel controller is required. To avoid fuel cut on the 1j you have to stay in the 11.0-11.5 af range wot. - yet another support mod=wideband.

SAFC2

440's

wideband

boost at 15 psi should put you right around 350hp at the wheels. I have heard that for every 1psi=~7hp but thats only hear say.

My plan will follow this as I will be dealing with the twins and even at 15 psi not for sure how long they will hold up- My next step after this if I want to start getting crazy or when the twins go POOOOFFFF- I will be getting the t70 kit from Driftmotion that has very good results. This is when a standalone will be needed to see some real hp jumps. AEM-ftw