What is going on

Tripp25

Ok so I was driving down the interstate today and my car would not rev past 3k rpms then after a few minutes of driving my car just started bogging down. so I shut it off and pulled off to the side of the road and then when I turned the car back on it would rev past 3k rpms I know cars can go into slump mode and have problems reving past a certain rpm so I was thinking it was an injector or maf problem also when I got her home I realized that she was running hotter than normal but the thermostate was reading actually a little lower than normal an I also noticed my oil pressure had sudenly drop to near nothing. so I checked the oil and the level was good. the car is a 87 tsi any thoughts on what is going on? Thank you for your responces

No such thing as a limp mode on this old car.

Secondary injector stuck or its connector is crusty or the retainer wire is missing from the connector and it has fallen off or the clip is broken and the wire can't hold the connector on.

I would run 20W50 in it next to see if pressure can come up and stay up. If it doesn't, then I suspect there are internal issues blocking the oil passages. Then you would need to start from the top and remove the rocker arm assembly to see if there is junk in the oil hole passage there. If so, then there is junk throughout and it needs rebuilt.

I'm not thread jacking here but I've heard several times about running really heavy weights of oil in our cars. Why is that? The owner's manual states that 10w30 should be used except for in lower temps where 5w is accepted. I live in Houston so lower temps aren't an issue. So what's the deal with heavy weight oil? Just a quick answer is all I need then back to this guy's problem.

to add to the confusion i recently bought a new 6.5 hp motor for a go-kart,, oil recomendations use 20-50,, both small cc 4 whlrs i have call for 20-50,,this is a change from long standing calls for thin oil in engines

i've use'd castroil 20-50 in all my engines both car and lawn mowers for the last 30 yrs none have any oil burning problems or brg problems

Yeah, low oil pressure could be that the sender is going out, or the pickup tube is blocked because you spun some bearings. It can overheat from engine failure like that too. Maybe it was so hot it wouldn't rev and then after it cooled, it could go back up.

hey guys changed the oil to 10w40 and had a great increase in pressure so that was the problem. it does have an oil leak and coolant leak which is now being fixed. thanks for all the help. i'm now thinking about buying a high pressure oil pump. can anyone recommend one that will work with our cars? i have tried researching it but can not seem to find one.

oil sender unit, valve cover gasket, and oil pan gasket and have a little hole in the radiator. having trouble finding an oil sending unit, checked autozone already. everything else i have already baught

oil sender unit, valve cover gasket, and oil pan gasket and have a little hole in the radiator. having trouble finding an oil sending unit, checked autozone already. everything else i have already baught

Not to be a jerk but it's bought :lol:

Not to be a jerk but it's bought :lol:

haha I was typing this on my phone and it just kinda puts whatever it wants to sometimes. Ordered a oem sender unit just waiting on delivery then the car will be running perfectly.