Would This Be Poosible

TSISam

I have been reading about this product http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PFS-70021/?rtype=1 and qas thinking it may be possible to run it on a Quest. Question is what all is tied into the ECU as relation to the fuel injection. I could make the adapter plate to bolt onto my custom intake.It is a self contained fuel injection system that learns and is programable to work with a turbo. By not using the any of the Quest fuel system , leaving it un-plugged, would that effect the spark and timing? I have the 5-speed so I dont have to worry about the transmission. Just a thought, got to get my oiling system working 1st.

I think your brain is working hard to spend money needlessly to solve complex problems that don't exist.

Seriously, a four barrel carb EFI system? The stock starquest EFI works great if all the components are giving the ECU good information. If you make mods like bigger turbos and such you can move to a megasquirt system for a fraction of the cost of that V8 intended EFI system.

So, exactly what are you trying to fix or accomplish? There are cheaper and better ways.

Scott

Just something diffrent than what others are running.Plus this system would give me almost infinate adjustments to A/F with alot of room to grow with a built motor or a v-8 conversion.

infinate adjustments to A/F?

Spend 350 and buy a MAF-T gen II.... set a target AFR at a given RPM and the translator will adjust fuel to meet it.

Spend the other 1200 dollars on actually useful shi....stuff.

-Justin

this setup i posted in the link below MegaSquirt by Scott, has the ability

to run anthing from a single cylinder engine up to a 27 liter 12 cylinder

dual spark aircraft engine. and only costs maybe $600.

th is the first startup i believe.

Quote:

27 litre capacity

12 Cylinders

24 injectors

24 spark plugs

All controlled by MegaSquirt EFI

Edited by importwarrior