Thanks Auto Zone

Coke

Yesterday I ordered a TB rebuilding kit. They said it would be in tomorrow, around the same time. So I went in today, around 12:30....the same time I was there yesterday, to pick it up. They said they had received there morning shipments and it wasn't in that shipment. They told me to try back around 5pm....when the evening truck comes in. Disappointed, I said ok, I'll be back later. I went back a little while ago...and give them my pick up slip. They went in back and came back and said they didn't see it. So I talked to the manager...and he called the Hub warehouse. They said, it was a manufacturer order...but one store in the US still had one...so it would be shipped from them. He called that store, and found out that they are in the State of Washington, and the kit is still at the store there. The manager there said she would try her best to get it out this evening. So...now I have to wait til the weekend (which I work all day and won't be able to pick it up til Sunday) for this kit to show up when I was originally told it would be here today at noon. I never had faith in Auto Zone...this is just about the last straw. I'd have ordered it from Advance...but they don't carry it anymore. I guess next time I'll just order it from Brian. I'll get new shaft seals then, too.

just incase you dont know, it doesnt come with the shaft seals

but most of the time i use advance, not sure why though since they always have less workers in the store and cost a little more...

I know. I'm saying, if i ordered it from Brian (LowerShoresPerformance) it WILL come with new shaft seals. <_<

Justin, if they dont have it i might have one here

if you want i can drop it off tomorrow after work.

let me know.

I'm not really in a big hurry...I just wanted it get it done and out of the way sooner than later. Flatty is basically ready for the road. Exciting!

you could have saved yourself some trouble and called them before driving over there. auto zone has been nothing but excellent in parts, prices, availability, and shipping. you should expect some kind of delay with 95% of the parts for this car, its 20+ years old at the newest. people make mistakes sometimes so don't get too bent out of shape.

i get the same run around EVERYTIME i order somthing from autozone . like a few monthes ago i had them order me 2 new rear brake calipers . went in and paid. waited a couple days and called them to see if they were in yet. they say yes we have them right here. so i drive over there (9 miles out of my way in a quest that has NO brakes) so i get there and show them my receipt and tell them i was the one that called so the kid went in the back and looked for like 2 seconds , came back and said we have not got them yet. so by this time im already pissedoff so i say just call me when they are in well 3 weeks later i call them because they have NOT called me. i talked to the SAME smart a** kid and he says they have not came in yet. so i basicly gaveup and went to napa who had my calipers in within 2 days. i still have not gotten called by autozone about the calipers i ordered 3 monthes ago. a few monthes before this i had them order me a set of NGK spark plugs (yes the ones i now know you cant get at autozone) and i got the SAME run around. one minute they are there waiting on me and 10 minutes later they are not here. i HATE autozone!

you could have saved yourself some trouble and called them before driving over there. auto zone has been nothing but excellent in parts, prices, availability, and shipping. you should expect some kind of delay with 95% of the parts for this car, its 20+ years old at the newest. people make mistakes sometimes so don't get too bent out of shape.

Oh I'm more than used to a delay in receiving parts...as I've been ordering truckloads of SQ parts since '03. It's just a little rediculous when they TELL you twice...when it will be in...and it's not even on the same side of the country in reality.

give them a little slack... heck, they carry OEM parking brake cables for 40 bucks! the neutral safety switch is another part thats identical the the OEM and cheaper than mitsu and is also NLA from mitsu. they even list the entire ISC assembly although its a bit pricey :)

give them a little slack... heck, they carry OEM parking brake cables for 40 bucks! the neutral safety switch is another part thats identical the the OEM and cheaper than mitsu and is also NLA from mitsu. they even list the entire ISC assembly although its a bit pricey :)

I did notice they list the ISC stuff but the prices...yikes.

yep! honda guys love em though. They have a whole ricey section for them.

i know right i love how the Honda kids in my town make up new codes for their cars with the little chrome decal letters. today i seen a Honda kl290 ? i was like wow... wt.... could that even stand for lol.

I really like my local autozone. I go there first and then advance or napa when I have to.

Same here. Both here and in MI I lived close to AZ's that had very good, helpful employees, and knowledgeable too. Plus, they usually have better prices than the other parts stores. One thing I find that is strange, is that a lot of people swear by Advance, but I had bad luck with them a bunch up in MI, to the point where I quit going there for parts. If they were the only place in town that had the part, I'd rather order it from another store or online. The Advance down here is better, but still not quite as good as AZ and NAPA. I've found Carquest hit or miss too. The one up in MI was worthless, but the one down here is really good

Justin, you should have called them like I told you to before you headed back over there the second time. Any trip you make without calling after the first time it wasn't there is on you. If you can't rely on your Auto Zone to call you when your part comes in, then you sure can't rely on the parts being there like the idiots say they "should" be. Granted, your part still wouldn't be in and you'd still be pissed, but at least a quick phone call would have saved you a bunch of gas and time driving to get a part that wasn't there.

My AZ is really good about calling me when parts are in, but if they didn't, I'd still be calling before I just asumed it was there according to what they said.

Edited by Burton

How about the time I called an AZ some 10+ miles away about some brake rotors. Guy said he had them in stock. I asked him to check for sure. A min later he said he had them in his hands. After I got there they didn't have them. I asked the same guy what happened, he just ran off to the back to hide.

Or how one store manager will argue with you about anything,.....Anyway I've had issues for MANY years with AZ. OK prices, but been told so many lies from personel there. Upper management sucks also.

I have 2 brand new base gaskets, with sealant pre-applied, in the garage. The gasket without the sealant works fine too, I've ran 20+ psi thru it without it blowing out.

I made the 2nd trip...because we decided to order pizza from a pizzeria near by...no it was no big deal...just the principal, i didnt have to order that pizza. lol