D2 Coilovers $900 shipped

mistapickles

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/2055513736.html

D2 Racing and K Sport exclusive Adjustable Starion/Conquest Coilovers. Shipped free in the US.

Call 951-824-8753 to order, or visit http://www.shocks-coilovers.com

I tried calling them but it appears they are closed on Saturday

I talked to one of the people there and they said they are offering the D2s and K Sport will be offering a line of struts for our cars also...I'm stoked....

She said something like K Sport makes the struts for D2, but it don't matter to me, it just means more options.

edit..the craigslist listing says $900 shipped

Edited by mistapickles

Starion Coilovers - $900 (Shipped)

Date: 2010-11-11, 7:17PM PST

Reply to: sale-hhn7y-2055513736@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

D2 Racing and K Sport exclusive Adjustable Starion/Conquest Coilovers. Shipped free in the US.

Call 951-824-8753 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 951-824-8753 end_of_the_skype_highlighting to order, or visit http://www.shocks-coilovers.com

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

http://images.craigslist.org/3n73mb3l05Z45S15R5abba5d46e7dacf414e4.jpghttp://images.craigslist.org/3k53m83of5Q45R45S0abbe541f2e15695111c.jpg

this is her response to my e-mail

Hi Louis,

I thought I would respond so you would have my information.

I have been a Distributor for K Sport for over 3 years now, I have had nothing but good reviews. I took on D2 Racing about a year ago. K Sport has been in the US longer and more involved in US racing circuits as well as service in Arizona. I have 2 sales in process now for the K Sport Starion Coilovers. There is no part number assigned and when there is I will list them on Shocks-Coilovers.

The story is; D2 Racing makes K Sport, (same engineers). D2 Coilovers are purple and K Sport are orange, that's about it. I asked K Sport to step in to the market since D2 was not able to keep up, their lead time is 6-8 weeks.

Either brand is available, but K Sport can deliver within 2 weeks, where D2 is 2 months. D2 also started requesting a pre-pay to guarantee stock, which did not set well with me.

That's the story.

Call any time.

Thanks again

Denise

D2 and K-sport provide 1 year warranty for the momment, though I noticed on the JM gp he indicated 3 year warranty. Testing will need to be done on this system as well.

She indicates "The story is; D2 Racing makes K Sport, (same engineers). D2 Coilovers are purple and K Sport are orange, that's about it. I asked K Sport to step in to the market since D2 was not able to keep up,". This is kind of a oxymoron statement. If D2 makes K-Sport and D2 can't keep up? How is K-sport going to keep up if it is the same engineers that make D2? I thought I would have fun with that statement. Anyway she means well and is constantly returning all calls and answering all question possible. I suggest a little more research into both companies track record is needed for complaints and faults such as valve seals and reliablity. Thats why I was purchasing the first units for testing.

Nowhere did she say K Sport and D2 were the same company, she said same engineers, she also said it takes about two months to get D2s which appears to be correct. In looking at the two company's websites, K Sport seems to be the more established company offering everything from big brake kits, line locks, hydraulic hand brakes to these coilover setups where D2 seems a lot less diverse. I'm not starting this thread to start a d*** measuring contest, I'm just sharing with other members somebody who can get the same product $60 cheaper, the same wait time with free shipping AND can offer another more diverse brand.

Actually d2 don't take 2 months to get. And d2 offers hydraullic handbrakes, big brake kits etc. My company is the largest east coast distributor of the d2 line. We are selling then at. 943 with free shipping but if there seems to be comp. on this board we will happily meet those standards. However we offer the 3 year warranty as an authorized dealer. 2 months to wait on coiovers is along time. I would rather spend 35 extra and have then on demand.

D2 and K Sport are not the same company. They are two differnt companies. And my D2 have a three year warranty. Not a one year. K sport are not even compartible to the D2 both in quality and perfomrnace. I have been dealing with both companies for years and as you can see I don't market the K sports.

Can you please specify the difference in quality and performance between the two? are there in pictures of the internals of both systems? Based on quality are there in specific data sheets of both companies suspension setup? or indurance testing? This is the information needed to make a sound purchase of any systems out there.

The 3 year warranty is a plus on the D2.

http://www.d2racing.com/

http://www.ksportusa.com/asp/index.asp

Guys feel free to search D2 Coilovers vs K-SPORT you decide. I'm here to not bash either system but to provide the best info possible. Where is Consumer Reports when you need them. Both systems seem to have pros and cons is all I can say.

ok, you said 4-6 weeks, like I said, I'm not trying to get into a d*** measuring contest, I'm just sharing options with my fellow Starquesters. I'm not downing what you are offering, I appreciate it, but we've already dealt with dealing with guys who were the only shop in town and it's not a good place to be. Competition is a good thing, it's capitalism at its finest, it's American. So if you want to offer your setup at $900, go for it, if not, go for it...

• 2 weeks later...

Yes K-sport makes them for the Starion. I been dealing with her Denise all week long.

I have the first two proto type made being shipped to me in about a week.

Today my K-sport units arrived. They look real good and I have to say the D2 look like the K-Sport units.

The orange color is purdy too. Very well built from the outside. Picture does not do it justice.

post-1756-129133494146_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yes K-sport makes them for the Starion. I been dealing with her Denise all week long.

I have the first two proto type made being shipped to me in about a week.

its been over a week. update?

as in other than saying you got em and posting up a generic picture.......

Today my K-sport units arrived. They look real good and I have to say the D2 look like the K-Sport units.

The orange color is purdy too. Very well built from the outside. Picture does not do it justice.

exactly it does not do it justice so take a actual picture.(not the stock pic from internet search) just sayin. seriously? you've had them for fourteen days and no pics? i really dont get it. if i ever get mine i am gonna post all kinds of pics and head out to the back roads and tackle some corners and get all excited and post up my results.

Use discount code Starion brings the the coilovers down to 923 shipped. Yous ave $40 . First 5 purchases only

hmm i didnt see where to enter that. well i got them for 940 something so i'm happy as long as shipping happens

this is her response to my e-mail

Hi Louis,

I thought I would respond so you would have my information.

I have been a Distributor for K Sport for over 3 years now, I have had nothing but good reviews. I took on D2 Racing about a year ago. K Sport has been in the US longer and more involved in US racing circuits as well as service in Arizona. I have 2 sales in process now for the K Sport Starion Coilovers. There is no part number assigned and when there is I will list them on Shocks-Coilovers.

The story is; D2 Racing makes K Sport, (same engineers). D2 Coilovers are purple and K Sport are orange, that's about it. I asked K Sport to step in to the market since D2 was not able to keep up, their lead time is 6-8 weeks.

Either brand is available, but K Sport can deliver within 2 weeks, where D2 is 2 months. D2 also started requesting a pre-pay to guarantee stock, which did not set well with me.

That's the story.

Call any time.

Thanks again

Denise

hmm funny she says the d2's are months out before they can be shipped but she would not take 500 down on a set...

also funny she emailed me back and said the d2's where in stock...

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114347&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Go mine here for $950 shipped.... Made a $950 offer. Haven't seen them cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/D2-RACING-RS-COILOVER-82-90-STARION-CONQUEST-SUSPENSION-/190467094772

hey fuze did you ever get them or get a shipping update? i offered 948.50 got accepted and was told they'd be shipped by yesterday at latest.. back when i paid for em...like a week before or more....then they still where not shipped so i got given a number that was supposedly for d2 direct and got the run around about they had to make the "mounts" for my set.

carshop usa said they "miscounted the inventory" lol

on a positive they did refund me right away. :)

Edited by JohnnyWadd

I'm curious about the best suspension option for our cars. Can someone please explain the advantage to buying D2 coilovers vs. buying Ground Control Coilovers from HorsePowerFreaks that use Eibach springs and pairing them with KYB struts (from 101propose and RockAuto)? Ground Controls and KYB struts total $700 shipped vs. the $900 group buy price for the D2s. Thanks,

Mike

Edited by ShkInBk

I'm curious about the best suspension option for our cars. Can someone please explain the advantage to buying D2 coilovers vs. buying Ground Control Coilovers from HorsePowerFreaks that use Eibach springs and pairing them with KYB struts (from 101propose and RockAuto)? Ground Controls and KYB struts total $700 shipped vs. the $900 group buy price for the D2s. Thanks,

Mike

K-sport and D2 have 36 adjustable independent dampening and adjustabled camber platesfor starters.

Check out the links to both K-sport & D2 below for more details on them.

http://www.d2racing.com/

http://www.ksportusa.com/asp/index.asp