Replacement TPS for our cars

brianpaul98

I heard a while back that someone on here said there was a TPS from another car that will fit our cars and all that needed to be done was swap out the connector. Does anyone know about this? Thanks

The one thing I just remembered about another TPS I have off a Magna intake was that it swept in the opposite direction. Before you go and drop $111.00 on that Hyundi TPS just be sure that it sweeps in the right direction not backwards. How you would know that is you would have to bring your analog ohm meter and ohm sweep test it to be sure the resistance is climbing not dropping from left to right or visa versa.... Anyway just compare it to the Mitsu TPS and you'll know you got the right one.

From the FAQ.

TPS part numbers.

Mitsu Part # MD614078 $153.50 @ autopartspeople.com < great price!

Standard Motor Products (SMP) # TH249 $159 @ rockauto.com

AIRTEX Part # 5S5098 $169 @ rockauto.com

ACDELCO Part # 2132122 $167 @ rockauto.com

Also a 89 hyundia sonata 2.4 is the same one but with a different connector (male instead of female).

SMP Part # TH315 $133 @ partsamerica.com / $95 @ rockauto.com

ACDELCO Part # 2134091 $89 @ rockauto.com

AIRTEX Part # 5S5183 $94 @ rockauto

WELLS # TPS451 $113 @ autozone

(NOTE: These prices are from 2007)

You just have to mount the hyundia TPS upside down, (so the wires come out the top instead of the bottom) and change out the connector. The wires are the same colors.

• 2 months later...

From the FAQ.

TPS part numbers.

Mitsu Part # MD614078 $153.50 @ autopartspeople.com < great price!

Standard Motor Products (SMP) # TH249 $159 @ rockauto.com

AIRTEX Part # 5S5098 $169 @ rockauto.com

ACDELCO Part # 2132122 $167 @ rockauto.com

Also a 89 hyundia sonata 2.4 is the same one but with a different connector (male instead of female).

SMP Part # TH315 $133 @ partsamerica.com / $95 @ rockauto.com

ACDELCO Part # 2134091 $89 @ rockauto.com

AIRTEX Part # 5S5183 $94 @ rockauto

WELLS # TPS451 $113 @ autozone

(NOTE: These prices are from 2007)

You just have to mount the hyundia TPS upside down, (so the wires come out the top instead of the bottom) and change out the connector. The wires are the same colors.

None of the Conquest/Starion numbers (SMP TH249, Airtex 5S5098, Delco 2132122) are available on Rockauto. I found one on there yesterday (TH249) but when I went to check out their system told me it is no longer available.

Mitsu dealer I just talk with said their (MD614078) are no longer available, even going through their "vitage parts" dealer.

O'Reilly Auto Parts lists them on their web site (EC3267) they do not stock them and the factory showed none in stock. Sales guy I spoke with said they could get one in 7-11 days @ $207.99 plus freight.

Edited by Endquest

• 2 weeks later...

None of the Conquest/Starion numbers (SMP TH249, Airtex 5S5098, Delco 2132122) are available on Rockauto. I found one on there yesterday (TH249) but when I went to check out their system told me it is no longer available.

Mitsu dealer I just talk with said their (MD614078) are no longer available, even going through their "vitage parts" dealer.

O'Reilly Auto Parts lists them on their web site (EC3267) they do not stock them and the factory showed none in stock. Sales guy I spoke with said they could get one in 7-11 days @ $207.99 plus freight.

Update, O'Reilly's cannot get them even from the factory. Looks like it is Hyundai, or a used one from the Professor.

there are quite a few things i've bought somewhat recently that are now no longer available. 2006 was a loong time ago ;)

What can I say? I'm old :lol: You can always call the 1-800 number to find out ;)

Bill

I made an adapter to use a later model Mitsu TPS.

It really wasn't too difficult, but it took a little planning.

Basically, I got a TPS and the throttle body shaft from an Eclipse.

I cut off the end of the shaft and used an aluminum bushing as a coupler.

Drilled a couple set screws in it effectively extending the stock throttle body shaft.

You need to make an indexing depression with a drill in both shafts so they can't rotate from their alignment.

For the TPS mount, I cut a small piece of 1/4" aluminum with flathead screws into the stock throttle body.

I drilled and tapped holes in it for the new TPS.

I cut a second pice of 1/4" aluminum with a hole in it to match the new TPS.

I then sandwiched the two pieces together.

That's basically it.

The car ran flawlessly.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...