Oil Change, Need Filter

Killtodie

wow 20W50 really guys? Thats some heavy oil for these engines/turbos aint it? I was sure that cars/trucks with lots of oil lines everywhere like our cars should really have some half lightweight oil in it like 10W40 at least maybe. Is there any builders of these cars out there that really recommend the weight of the oil and not just bcause the climate? I personally run full syntec 5W30 with 1 quart of synthetic lucas with a wix filter. I love lucas tho I even run it im my atvs/mowers.

Id really be interested of recommended oil weights if anyone has any. anyone else?

So 5W30 is okay to use?

Only in mine, there's is an ancient bulletin that says not to use 5w30 in our cars.

Dad

let me ask this question there toadie

what auto parts stores do you have around you?

Autozone, Pepboys, Lees.

There is a NAPA and O'Reiles but they are further away. and the closest Advance Auto Parts is about 30 miles away

i run advanced autos 20w50, $9.99 a gallon, and they also stock the puralator one filters. its also the clostest autoparts store to me being only a few blocks away.

but if your smart you will learn which parts store are cheaper for which things. i get a double bonus at my local advanced auto cause the managers daughter dates my brother so i get a little family discount.