New iPhone

http://www.apple.com/iphone/design/#design-video

I give a lot of credit to the latest Android phones- Very nice, but I just love this new iPhone. :wub:

Gyro + Accelerometer :o

iPhone 4 is the first phone with a built-in three-axis gyroscope. When paired with the accelerometer, it makes iPhone 4 capable of advanced motion sensing such as user acceleration, angular velocity, and rotation rate. Translation: More motion gestures and greater precision for an even better gaming experience.

I love that the back is now glass, too. I got some schmutz between my phone and the case and it scratched the heck out of my phone's back and it was practically flawless before that. :angry:

Edited by Austin88ESiR

Just saw the new iPhone today. I'm about to preorder it on the 15th and pick it up on the 24th. First I gotta sell the 3gs I have now.

iHave the 3G and 3GS iWill need to unload. iWill keep my 3GS as a back up just incase.

EVO 4G FTW I have it and absolutely love it.

Nice phone and looks surprisingly like an older iPhone. :P It all boils down to personal preference for features and carrier. My coworkers have newer Droids and are very nice.

here are some stats iFound:

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/06/iphone-4-vs-htc-evo-4g/

Nice phone and looks surprisingly like an older iPhone. :P It all boils down to personal preference for features and carrier. My coworkers have newer Droids and are very nice.

here are some stats iFound:

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/06/iphone-4-vs-htc-evo-4g/

They are pretty much the same stats for both. To each their own though and OS preference.

How about no bugs/viruses or system crashes on the iphone..where as the opponent has all of those.

Apple is hands down the winner for now. The real question is for how long...

Not sure where you got that. That thing froze yesterday at the unveil, 2 or 3 times I believe.

If it were on something other AT&T, I'd consider it more. But for now, I'm an Android kinda guy. That EVO 4G is a pretty sweet. IMO the iphone 4 and the EVO 4G run about neck and neck. There are things that one does the that the other don't. So from there, it's all personal reference.

Not sure where you got that. That thing froze yesterday at the unveil, 2 or 3 times I believe.

No, it did not freeze nor was it due to OS. He demostrating WiFi intensive features and there were a multitude if WiFi stations eating up bandwidth. He asked them to shut them down and he continued without issue.

Did any of you ifoners preorder your new phone today?

I was playing around on the AT&T website. OMG, the plans for the ifone are HIGH! Compared to my plan, which I can put on a EVO 4g, the ifone plan is like running backwards through a corn field naked.

I like the Android OS better, and there are TONS of custom ROMs you can install on most HTC phones to make them any way you want.

I think they should have made the new Iphone a tad bigger, like the EVO4g.

(You can install Android on an Iphone, but the UI is...not the best)

No, it did not freeze nor was it due to OS. He demostrating WiFi intensive features and there were a multitude if WiFi stations eating up bandwidth. He asked them to shut them down and he continued without issue.

Good luck getting everyone at the mall to shut down so you can use yours :ph34r:

Jimmy

Guys......

To start with, I am happy for you. I really am.

But what about us guys that just enjoy a simple phone? I have some Samsung slider thingy, pretty much a silver version of the phone on the first Matrix movie, and it's blissfully simple.

Someone calls me, it rings. I call someone, it makes their phone ring. It has Bluetooth to interface with the Starion, and a camera just in case.

No accelerometers, no decibel meters, no polygraph testers, no stud finders, no coffee maker, no hot water heater, no capability to launch nuclear warheads from any WiFi hotspot.

What happened to the phones for guys like me that only want to make and receive some voiced based transmissions?

Tim

Guys......

But what about us guys that just enjoy a simple phone? I have some Samsung slider thingy, pretty much a silver version of the phone on the first Matrix movie, and it's blissfully simple.

Someone calls me, it rings. I call someone, it makes their phone ring. It has Bluetooth to interface with the Starion, and a camera just in case.

No accelerometers, no decibel meters, no polygraph testers, no stud finders, no coffee maker, no hot water heater, no capability to launch nuclear warheads from any WiFi hotspot.

What happened to the phones for guys like me that only want to make and receive some voiced based transmissions?

Tim

You have described me and my phone usage to a "T". Give me a basic phone, that's all I need.

Jimmy

Guys......

Tim

I have a android phone, and really this is all that I need. All the crap my phone can do, is mostly useless to me. There are times that I refuse to reply to a text message, because I don't feel like typing.

Guys......

Tim

I didn't have an iPhone until last year. Before that, I had a very basic phone which was sufficient...up to a certain point. Things changed.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey TopDawg

did you ever check out the app for android called Tikl Touch

its a two way connect like nextel for any android device no matter what network they are on. Just have to have their number and you can two connect.

Hey TopDawg

did you ever check out the app for android called Tikl Touch

its a two way connect like nextel for any android device no matter what network they are on. Just have to have their number and you can two connect.

Way ahead of you. Already have it!!!