+++HELP+++ LOWERING AND SPACERS

Hello Everyone. I bought the 9,000 mile 87 Conquest. I am wanting to lower it and put spacers to give it a nice looking stance. I'm not sure of the correct springs or spacers to use, so i was hoping for some help. Please enlighten me. I will be using the factory wheels and possibly a 35-40 series tire. Thanks in advance!

thanks for the suggestion, but Ive been looking for this car for quite a long time. Its got 9,000 miles and I do intend to drive it occasionally. It still needs some updating. with it lowered a little, lower profile tires and spacers i think it will give it an updated look. I have many cars in my collection that are low miles and collector quality, so i do intend to preserve the cars mileage and originality. Its so ugly with its stance, so i need some help. Ive already had the windows tinted and the wheels refurbed with the centers painted black and the lips polished. They look fantastic! Anway, i hope i can find some help in here...

Im not sure you can get a 35 or 40 series tire in 16 inch? I suggest getting a new set of rims in at least 17 inch

Really? I have a set of 255/30/16's for my truck.

As for the car my god man leave it stock. That has got to be one of the lowest mile quests we have.

Edited by jszucs

your setup looks good. what do you have?

Do Luck Double Six (discontinued unfortunately) 18x9.5 fronts, 18x10.5 rears

My bad ,I didnt realize that they went that low for 16 inch tires.. thats crazy!

I dont see the point in a lower profile tire, all its going to do is throw off the speedometer and make MORE wheel well gap. Only reason for a lower profile tire is a larger wheel. Lowering the car is mainly to get less wheel well gap from an appearance standpoint, a lower profile tire would do the opposite. If Anything a slightly larger tire would make it have that slammed look even more. SOunds silly but I went from a 215/40/17 on my daily driver that is lowered 2" to a 215/45/17, slightly taller, and people all thought I lowered the car more because now the tire slightly tucks into the wheel well where before it was even with them.

as for spacers, get out the tape measure and see how much you can pull the wheel outward before it will rub the fenders and get a slightly smaller spacer than that. As far as modding the car, I dont see an issue with it at all. Given its mileage and im sure pristine condition I wouldnt do anything that couldnt be changed back to stock though. Keep the stock parts on the shelf. The window tint can be removed, spacers can be removed, and springs can be swapped out at will. He isnt talking about hacking it up, as long as its reversible what does it matter, he isnt ruining a collectible car if its all reversible. Plus its his car, I say if you want to hack it up, you bought it, you can do what you want with it. Although that would be a shame.

Edited by Chrome_Rush

^ lower profile tires will throw off the spedo. In the case of my truck ALLOT around 7MPH @ 65 235/55/16(stocksize) to a 255/30/16. I knew it would but didn't care for the performace level of the tires and the price I got them at.

Low profile tires help allot with the side walls not being able to flex, in my case there is no side wall. In my case I went from a 255/50/16 to the 30 series and it fixed (for lack of a better way to describe it) it felt like a boat on waves. You know the feeling like you are slightly moveing/wiggling side to side (from the sidewall squirm) Performance wise the best I have done with them is a marked 20MPH 180 turn off the highway @ 72

As for the looks department yeah I don't like the gap I have now but the look is somewhat growing on me. It did lower my truck a good 2" all the way around though.

Yeah? Is that what you did? Was the car lowered at all? Thanks for the info. Philip

thats what all the cool kids do. ;)

i havent lowered my car yet but im sure you can get by without rolling your fenders if you dont go too low.