got some toys

mquester

Now HEEELLLPPPP!

Hahahpost-4905-126918848971_thumb.jpg

So I have Mookeeh shocks struts, front and rear camber plates, poly bushings

and cosmo coilovers.

Now Ive never done any suspension before...any advice?

Edited by mquester

Similar to stretching before working out, go up to a wall and bash your knuckles up against it a few times.

Then find some rubber, catch it on fire, and smell it for about 15 mins.

Next get some rust and rub it in your eye.

Then buy some spring compressors and start to become comfortable with having a compressed spring in front of you that can shoot right through your body.

After that I'd say you would be ready to go!

Edited by ColdScrip

Similar to stretching before working out, go up to a wall and bash your knuckles up against it a few times.

Then buy some spring compressors and start to become comfortable with having a compressed spring in front of you that can shoot right through your body.

Lol.....:D

Chad-

i have the most dangerous technique for removing springs. it involves an impact gun, and about 20 feet of shop space. but it works everytime.

but you should be ok putting those together since you can adjust the sleeves all the way down to allow you to bolt everything together.

HAHA LOL very well put! :))

BC_99

I put mine in a vice to get the old struts out. It worked but a couple times as I loosened the vice the spring popped out. It didn't fly across the bench or anything but just popped out violently. Defiantly makes you go whoa! Pretty dangerous but no harm done.

i have the most dangerous technique for removing springs. it involves an impact gun, and about 20 feet of shop space. but it works everytime.

but you should be ok putting those together since you can adjust the sleeves all the way down to allow you to bolt everything together.

You should try using a vice grip on a vice grip on a damaged strut shaft. Those things FLY when released... prob not crazy far like your spring method though.

-Robert

I do it that way all the time. Not as dangerous on most struts as people think. SQ struts don't even shoot off, they just seperate.