I kind of want to make a Starquest documentary.

Focus

So let's just pretend I were to drive around the country and film a doc on starquest and their owners. Maybe talk to some techs and folks that know the cars well. Provide a basic history. bla bla bla bla.....

If I were to do that and make some DVD's what would you be willing to spend on one if it were 60 mins long or so and done well.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be something I wouldn't torrent. ;)

Although, how would that be even close to worthwhile financially speaking for you? Perhaps if it were a side project and you were already going to these places for other jobs at the same time.

If you were to go to the Vegas Nationals, or to Pigeon Forge, then I could see it. There's a lot of guys from Texas to Georgia who get together like nobodies business.

Edited by JustPaus_88TSi

I would love to buy a DVD like that.

There were locals here from the local drift forum that did something similar in regards to drifting - they toured the country attending drifting events, and going to well know grassroots shops and such interviewing them and their stories, along with going out and seeing how different regions did things.

http://www.slideamerica.com/

It was well worth the money I spent :)

That would be pretty cool, and I'd buy one even if it were higher priced than regular DVD's. I dunno if I'd pay more than $50 for it or anything, but I bet you could sell them for more than the usuall $20-25 DVD price.

There's an interview that Dave, Sully, my wife and I did for a DVD that was made for the Metro Cruise in Grand Rapids, MI. The 2007 National SQ meet was done in conjunction of this event and we were contacted to be on the DVD. I think it ended up being about 10-15 minutes long, and I can get it for you if you're interested.

Though, would you try to do a blitz road trip like the Slide America?

Or would you try to plan it out around events around the US and say, maybe fly in ( or whichever afforded the most cost efficient means ) - for example, going to MOD, Pigeon Forge, Texas Meets, the Jimmy meet, etc etc

That would be a good idea ! I say that maybe the main guy doing all the editing may not even himself have to be at ALL the locations . I'm sure we have people that have the skills to get some interviews done across the country then send in their vids to the one guy that will sit down and edit all the vids , lay down some music on the back ground and get a finish product done . I say its a good idea , may of us have been talking for years but never seen eachother and this would not only be a good way to get views and info from all over but also to ( even if in a video ) see some of the faces we've all been talking to for so long . I think we can get enough info to fill a two DVD set :)

Kyle just come to Vegas Nats you will have more owners in one place than anywhere else...Some are coming from NC, NY, OH, FL, TX,.and maybe a few from abroad too..I think a video of how eveyone came together from soo many places just to meet eachother and share an addiction of these cars would be film worthy..

Plus from a financial stand point it would be easier on you...

That would be a good idea ! I say that maybe the main guy doing all the editing may not even himself have to be at ALL the locations . I'm sure we have people that have the skills to get some interviews done across the country then send in their vids to the one guy that will sit down and edit all the vids , lay down some music on the back ground and get a finish product done . I say its a good idea , may of us have been talking for years but never seen eachother and this would not only be a good way to get views and info from all over but also to ( even if in a video ) see some of the faces we've all been talking to for so long . I think we can get enough info to fill a two DVD set :)

The only problem I could forsee with that is the wide variety of quality from different camera's and such.

I'd by that DVD, for real. I'd spend up to $35 for it. I'm kind of thinking about driving down to Vegas Nats..... Anybody else from the NW wanna do that or is already planning on doing that? Edited by TSiGuy17

id pay 20 bucks for it, if it was done well.....

i'd like to see a lot of historical stuff in it...like rally/road racing starions in the 80's, old commericals, interviews, starquests in movies etc...

I wouldn't feel right charging much over $25 shipped for it.

I wouldn't make money and would more than likely loose money but I've been feeling this itch to drive around the country anyways so I wouldn't mind.

Nothing serious yet. Just an idea I am kicking around.

If you were to go to the Vegas Nationals, or to Pigeon Forge, then I could see it. There's a lot of guys from Texas to Georgia who get together like nobodies business.

There is your best plan. If you play your cards right, you can sell pics of people and their cars at the meets as well. there are plenty of amatures, but most likely no one would have your quality of equipment.

JR

Edited by jolyrgr

I'm kind of thinking about driving down to Vegas Nats..... Anybody else from the NW wanna do that or is already planning on doing that?

We're convoying down broski!! Haha, I wonder if you'll go this time...

I made a thread about it on NWSQ. You've got less than a year left, get ready!!

-Robert

We're convoying down broski!! Haha, I wonder if you'll go this time...

I made a thread about it on NWSQ. You've got less than a year left, get ready!!

-Robert

Right on! How many cars? And how many days would we be gone? I'd just have to make sure it didn't interfere too much with school/work. That'd be a lot of fun

Right on! How many cars? And how many days would we be gone? I'd just have to make sure it didn't interfere too much with school/work. That'd be a lot of fun

The event would be Oct fri15- sun17..From where your at it would take 2 days drive so you figure the math..Soon it will be time to get the cars ready and start convoy planning..