Jump to content



The Official SQC Wheel Thread


  • Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#401 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

    Established Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Charleston, South Carolina
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:20 PM

I think the green would look better with black centers. It would give it some contrast. They look really good though and goes well with the white.





#402 Preludedude

Preludedude

    Established Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Spartanburg, SC
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:30 PM

Mustang Saleen SC Replica Wheels.
17x10  +25 offset
17x9 +22 offset

Running 1" spacer on rear, and 12mm spacer on front...Car is lowered with Cosmo sleeveovers...

275/45/17-Rear
235/45/17-Front

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Preludedude, 21 April 2017 - 10:32 PM.


#403 Mech

Mech

    Established Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mountain View California
  • Interests:Starquests
  • Model:Other

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:28 AM

Hey guys, need some advice here.

Just bought a starion. It has 245's on the rear with 8 inch non SHP rims.

Basically, i would like to get the widest tire i possibly can on the rear.  With an SHP 9 inch rear, whats the widest I can go?  Currently the car has blue tokico shocks with H&R springs. Do i need to get coilovers like the D2's to go wider?

#404 importwarrior

importwarrior

    6 Quests and Counting......

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,405 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manassas VA
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:09 AM

I believe D2's would allow for a little more room for wider tire.

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP

Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!

Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!




#405 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

    Established Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Charleston, South Carolina
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:14 PM

View PostMech, on 05 March 2019 - 03:28 AM, said:

Hey guys, need some advice here.

Just bought a starion. It has 245's on the rear with 8 inch non SHP rims.

Basically, i would like to get the widest tire i possibly can on the rear.  With an SHP 9 inch rear, whats the widest I can go?  Currently the car has blue tokico shocks with H&R springs. Do i need to get coilovers like the D2's to go wider?

The spring perch on the stock struts is what limits your wheel width on the car. Unless you change the offset so the wheel is more towards the outside of the body. You could run spacers with the 9 inch rears as well.

The main problem with 16's is the lack of tire choice. I always had a hard time finding tires in 255/265 width.

#406 Mech

Mech

    Established Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mountain View California
  • Interests:Starquests
  • Model:Other

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:55 PM

View PostTurbo Cary, on 06 March 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

The spring perch on the stock struts is what limits your wheel width on the car. Unless you change the offset so the wheel is more towards the outside of the body. You could run spacers with the 9 inch rears as well.

The main problem with 16's is the lack of tire choice. I always had a hard time finding tires in 255/265 width.

I know.....my favorite tire michelin pilot super sport (now pilot sport 4s) isn't available in 16 :(  But I like the look of the stock rims so much, i want to keep them.

#407 speedyquest

speedyquest

    Established Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,340 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:La Crosse Wisconsin
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers
  • Model:Starion

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:15 PM

Here are some sweet 245/45/16 tires you can grab.
https://www.ebay.com...8oAAOSwa81aOW9E

Posted Image


#408 Mech

Mech

    Established Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mountain View California
  • Interests:Starquests
  • Model:Other

Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:43 AM

View Postspeedyquest, on 06 March 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

Here are some sweet 245/45/16 tires you can grab.
https://www.ebay.com...8oAAOSwa81aOW9E

Yea, the toyos look pretty good.  Anyone else have some recommendations for me to consider?

#409 Mech

Mech

    Established Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mountain View California
  • Interests:Starquests
  • Model:Other

Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:48 AM

Also, I'm pretty sure when I find a good set of SHP's, I would want to have them chromed. Polished looks good, but to me chrome looks better.

What about "chrome" powdercoating?  I've heard its not as good as dipped, but still decent.  It is really hard to find places in California for chrome dipping. Maybe because of Cally's environmental laws?  Seems like I would be faced with shipping them some place out of state.

#410 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

    Established Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Charleston, South Carolina
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:17 PM

View PostMech, on 07 March 2019 - 04:48 AM, said:

Also, I'm pretty sure when I find a good set of SHP's, I would want to have them chromed. Polished looks good, but to me chrome looks better.

What about "chrome" powdercoating?  I've heard its not as good as dipped, but still decent.  It is really hard to find places in California for chrome dipping. Maybe because of Cally's environmental laws?  Seems like I would be faced with shipping them some place out of state.

Chrome adds weight and causes corrosion underneath over time. Polishing is the way to go as it will keep the value of the wheels higher than if you chromed them.

#411 Killaphil

Killaphil

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Allen, Tx
  • Interests:fast cars
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 01 January 2021 - 03:30 PM

https://enkei.com/sh...racing/pf01evo/
Iíve been thinking about getting these in the 17x9.5 +0 and 17x9 +22. Any expertise you guys have on fitment would be appreciated. Iím not looking to camber my car out and make it look like itís melting to the pavement. More looking to get just a slightly more aggressive look than the SHPís I have.
(88 SHP Figi) magna mpi, ms1 from scott with funk lab harness, hx35, 3inch, wiseco block with o-rings, port work, 4inch intercooler, methanol,  ST springs/sways, Mad Dax Rack swap, ACT extreme, fidanza, so its mostly stock
(99 ws6 Black) AFR205s, Yella Terra's, Fast 90/90, Kooks, Comp cam, Nano N2O, 4l80e 3400 stall w/ Jakes brake, 9inch w/ 4:10s-SOLD 8/12/2014:(

Posted Image

#412 Killaphil

Killaphil

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Allen, Tx
  • Interests:fast cars
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 01 January 2021 - 03:31 PM

.

Edited by Killaphil, 01 January 2021 - 03:31 PM.

(88 SHP Figi) magna mpi, ms1 from scott with funk lab harness, hx35, 3inch, wiseco block with o-rings, port work, 4inch intercooler, methanol,  ST springs/sways, Mad Dax Rack swap, ACT extreme, fidanza, so its mostly stock
(99 ws6 Black) AFR205s, Yella Terra's, Fast 90/90, Kooks, Comp cam, Nano N2O, 4l80e 3400 stall w/ Jakes brake, 9inch w/ 4:10s-SOLD 8/12/2014:(

Posted Image

#413 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

    Established Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Charleston, South Carolina
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 02 January 2021 - 07:47 AM

View PostKillaphil, on 01 January 2021 - 03:30 PM, said:

https://enkei.com/sh...racing/pf01evo/
Iíve been thinking about getting these in the 17x9.5 +0 and 17x9 +22. Any expertise you guys have on fitment would be appreciated. Iím not looking to camber my car out and make it look like itís melting to the pavement. More looking to get just a slightly more aggressive look than the SHPís I have.

I think those would look pretty good. Use the rim's n tires calculator on their website to check your fitment. What size tires did you plan on running?

#414 Killaphil

Killaphil

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Allen, Tx
  • Interests:fast cars
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 03 January 2021 - 02:36 AM

Probably a 275/40 and 245/45 but want to make sure they will fit before pulling the trigger. I think theyíll be ok but Iím no expert.
(88 SHP Figi) magna mpi, ms1 from scott with funk lab harness, hx35, 3inch, wiseco block with o-rings, port work, 4inch intercooler, methanol,  ST springs/sways, Mad Dax Rack swap, ACT extreme, fidanza, so its mostly stock
(99 ws6 Black) AFR205s, Yella Terra's, Fast 90/90, Kooks, Comp cam, Nano N2O, 4l80e 3400 stall w/ Jakes brake, 9inch w/ 4:10s-SOLD 8/12/2014:(

Posted Image

#415 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

    Established Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Charleston, South Carolina
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 03 January 2021 - 04:05 PM

View PostKillaphil, on 03 January 2021 - 02:36 AM, said:

Probably a 275/40 and 245/45 but want to make sure they will fit before pulling the trigger. I think theyíll be ok but Iím no expert.

Use this calculator to determine the difference between what you're at now and to compare wheel specs

https://www.rimsntir...om/specspro.jsp

#416 Killaphil

Killaphil

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Allen, Tx
  • Interests:fast cars
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 03 January 2021 - 08:35 PM

Have done that. Was hoping to get some input from someone more experienced on fitment before I drop 2600 on tires and wheels.
(88 SHP Figi) magna mpi, ms1 from scott with funk lab harness, hx35, 3inch, wiseco block with o-rings, port work, 4inch intercooler, methanol,  ST springs/sways, Mad Dax Rack swap, ACT extreme, fidanza, so its mostly stock
(99 ws6 Black) AFR205s, Yella Terra's, Fast 90/90, Kooks, Comp cam, Nano N2O, 4l80e 3400 stall w/ Jakes brake, 9inch w/ 4:10s-SOLD 8/12/2014:(

Posted Image




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users