O-ring w/ajusa??? && motor assembly stuff

soulja620

So I have My shop doing my head o-ring with a protrusion of .010 ....

Can an Ajusa HG be applicable with this spec???

I dont re-call reading this being done with ajusa's only felpro from what I remember... (correct me of im wrong plz)

Also...

I will be assembling this motor probably this weekend finally,

DAD is sending me a felpro lower end gasket kit, new oil pump, and Ajusa head set,,,

What kind of sealant, or rtv, or whatever should i ALSO apply when installing these gaskets...???

like for the oil pan, timing cover, ect, ect....

Thanks

ryan,

Edited by soulja620

Boy, I want my head gasket o-ringed too......NOT. What happened to those members talking about the Titan Copper headgasket and o-ringing??? You are wasting your money to have o-ringing done. If your running the Ajusa, Just make sure the head and block are true, As with any other block and cylinder head. Didn't you already blow one engine??? Five years, hi-po engine, 7000 rpms, 20 psi boost..... It's still running with a Ajusa head gasket.........and no o-ringing.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

Boy, I want my head gasket o-ringed too......NOT. What happened to those members talking about the Titan Copper headgasket and o-ringing??? You are wasting your money to have o-ringing done. If your running the Ajusa, Just make sure the head and block are true, As with any other block and cylinder head. Didn't you already blow one engine??? Five years, hi-po engine, 7000 rpms, 20 psi boost..... It's still running with a Ajusa head gasket.........and no o-ringing.

CALIBER 308

The ajusa is fine for small MHI turbos and low boost applications. However if you plan on running a larger turbo then i would reccomend o-ringing your block and running an OEM or Felpro gasket.

So I have My shop doing my head o-ring with a protrusion of .010 ....

Can an Ajusa HG be applicable with this spec???

I dont re-call reading this being done with ajusa's only felpro from what I remember... (correct me of im wrong plz)

Also...

I will be assembling this motor probably this weekend finally,

DAD is sending me a felpro lower end gasket kit, new oil pump, and Ajusa head set,,,

What kind of sealant, or rtv, or whatever should i ALSO apply when installing these gaskets...???

like for the oil pan, timing cover, ect, ect....

Thanks

ryan,

Ryan, gaskets came in today- I can ship tomorrow.

This Ajusa gasket is used without o/ring, I suggest either the 8770 fel pro or even the 9116 head set. I also have a stock Ajusa gasket simillar to the 8770 felpro.

I would also suggest .007 protrusion ( thats what I was told to go with) It's your call, just let me know before morning if you want a change in the order.

I use permatex 98d to hold gaskets in place and very light film of rtv on other side.

Dad

The Fel-Pro 8770 is typically cheaper, so that is why they use it for o-ringed blocks or heads. You are not relying on the gasket strength for the chamber seal. The AJUSA would work the same or better, just a little more expensive. I've looked at the fire rings of all of the head gaskets, and the AJUSA metal shim gasket is the thickest fire ring. The 9116PT is a better sealing (all around, chamber, oil and water) than the 8770, and the 9116PT has more graphite to allow for movment due to aluminum and cast iron expanding and contracting at different rates.

I use a small film of gray rtv on all the engine gaskets (except the head). Let it skin up for 10 minutes or so then install and just snug it up. The next day I go back and torque to spec so the RTV has time to set up. Edited by psu_Crash