Another reason i love Tuner Studio

man you suck. for some reason i cant get tuner studio to connect. megatune comes right up. any ideas? ive already checked the whole com port thing and such etc. it should be able to read on the same comm port as megatune but somehow doesnt work.

Does it give you errors or just shows up like the nothing is attached?

I had some issues getting tuner studio to connect but it turned out to be just a difference in settings. Still using megatune almost exclusively though. I fear change

Does it give you errors or just shows up like the nothing is attached?

I had some issues getting tuner studio to connect but it turned out to be just a difference in settings. Still using megatune almost exclusively though. I fear change

what differences did you find in the settings? basically mine just acts like its not connected to ms. keeps showing me "not connected".

kyle, i hope to get the car out and play with it a bit tommorow so if things will work good for me, then maybe i will bring the car with me this time. samantha most likely wont be with me so as not to get you in too much trouble for someone dropping in. sorry about that.

on another note. i tried to give ms the 0-5v output from my uego wideband and it got really stupid. almost like its reading it inverted. i got it all turned on and setup right but i think the trouble is in the wideband itself. when you calibrate the afr table, ms ask which wideband, well it offers aem linear and aem non linear and a host of others. however where it offers aem linear it list part #30-42xx. my wideband is a 30-4100. i had no idea till this there was an second part #. reading the msefi, i found that this is a known issue but not everyone has it. some people have hacked the ini files to make it read right but there were a few other ways to do it as well. ive got a few other things to try. didnt get to play today since its turkey day.

what differences did you find in the settings? basically mine just acts like its not connected to ms. keeps showing me "not connected".

kyle, i hope to get the car out and play with it a bit tommorow so if things will work good for me, then maybe i will bring the car with me this time. samantha most likely wont be with me so as not to get you in too much trouble for someone dropping in. sorry about that.

on another note. i tried to give ms the 0-5v output from my uego wideband and it got really stupid. almost like its reading it inverted. i got it all turned on and setup right but i think the trouble is in the wideband itself. when you calibrate the afr table, ms ask which wideband, well it offers aem linear and aem non linear and a host of others. however where it offers aem linear it list part #30-42xx. my wideband is a 30-4100. i had no idea till this there was an second part #. reading the msefi, i found that this is a known issue but not everyone has it. some people have hacked the ini files to make it read right but there were a few other ways to do it as well. ive got a few other things to try. didnt get to play today since its turkey day.

happen to have a link to that thread? I've got a friends install that has that same gauge and am having problems with it also, never thought about it being inverted.

i dont actually recall where i found the thread but all i did was a search on msefi. i simply searched for 30-4100. there are about 4-5-6 links that mention 30-4100 that are all in the same thread, then there are a couple others below that. those are where i found the info.

im not 100% sure its actually"inverted". it seems that way as when i let ms see the wideband it leans the car wayyyy out and actually seems like ms is pulling fuel. running the car without any o2, it seems to run just great and watching the wideband as a gauge only, it shows good and correct afr's. also the gauge itself doesnt agree with what ms shows in megatune, seems to be way more lean in m.t. than on the gauge.

please be sure to let me know if you find anything of use on this. i will do the same.

happen to have a link to that thread? I've got a friends install that has that same gauge and am having problems with it also, never thought about it being inverted.

here's one that I was looking at today.

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=35569&hilit=aem

here's one that I was looking at today.

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=35569&hilit=aem

yea, i read that one but what they talk about in there didnt work for me. i basically said to hell with the o2 alltogether. turned the ego off and seems to run much better without it in the picture at all.