Mmm, sexy custom gauge pad

RWDAddict

Haha... customer.

Just need to orient the dials so they're not crooked and it'll be super hawt.

-Robert

Yeah, just got it situated, still have to bolt them down :D

Serious question here, so you just hollowed out the cluster right and juat ran wires to everything? whatcha gonna do about fuel level too?

I have wanted to do one of those for so long, can you get a pic of the backside with the wiring shown so i can get an idea how involved the wiring is?

Have to run new sensors for oil and water, have to buy the correct unit for the spedo, tach is easy, and fuel that's going to be hard.

fuel, i think,--isnt that bad. iirc, most aftermarket fuel level senders read from 0-180 ohms or 90-0 ohms. im willing to bet ours reads the same as one of the two and then its just a matter of picking out a gauge that would read in the same direction as ours. the difficult part would be calibrateing it to our tank if its not right. i feel like you could add some resistance to it inline with some resistors to make it show full but not sure what to do about the other way. maybe someone else has experience in this area and can chime in.

as for the speedo, you say you have to get the right unit for it. where did you get the unit and which one works with our speedo cable?

• 2 weeks later...

Empty/Full, 73 Ohms/8-12 Ohms, 2 1/16 in.

Part Number: ATM-4315

this is the one i used.it comes off of full pretty quick but other than that works pretty good.lol,i can never seem to keep a car on full anyway.i thought about changing the sender in the tank but it hasnt really been a prob.since it hits empty before i run out.what size are your gages?they seem to have a decent amount of room in there.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Autometer speedos have a calibration feature that takes the ppm [pulses-per-mile] of whatever sensor you use off the trans/driveline and figures the proper calibration over a 2-mile test drive. There are a few writeups on muscle-car forums of folks who've added an Autometer speedo with magnetic pickups on the driveshaft, a quick search should yield you some benefitting results.

Cluster looks good, btw. Carbon isn't my flavor of choice, but it still looks clean and simple.