Got it Running

Now i need help getting the car to idle properly. Right now im using MS1 on throttlebody using stock injectors and the car idles rough

im not clear on how to make idle smoothly. i can smell a lot of fuel when running and i have some understanding of MS.

Need good enrichments and constants numbers for a s16g setup?

You'll get the most help if you can upload your msq file and a datalog, or you can PM me for an email addy to send them to and I'll happily take a look. Good idle is most important as its hard to tune the rest if the darn thing dies at every stoplight.

Under engine constants, what do you have for req_fuel, injector staging and squirts per cycle? Is this an 86 with equal size injectors or an 87-89 with the smaller and larger injectors?

Required fuel is the pulse width required to run at 100% VE, and the VE table is just telling the computer what fraction of that pulse width to use for the bin you are in, 50% for VE 50 and 150% for VE 150. It gets more complicated than that real fast but that is a good way to view what you are trying to do. Start the car, warm it up and open up the VE table under the basic settings tab. You can see which bin or bins you are in as a little dot and a color change in the bin. Watching your wide band, change the bin value lower (leaner) or higher (richer) in no more than 2 or 4 digit increments until you get a nice stable idle around 13 AFR. Make whatever adjustment you have for idle to get the rpm you want, then go back and reset the table for 13 AFR again. You also want the bins just around the idle bin to be close to that value, no abrupt changes or you can get surging back and forth which is annoying. I've found the tbi systems idle best at 850 rpm, 12-13 AFR, 13 seems to give a snappier throttle response.

Scott

Ok scott let me tinker around with the throttle a little more and adjust the idle to 12-13 AFR also i have to practice uploading the MS screens

to the site so you can see what ive programmed.

Im not too far off im right there, Randy said to go with some better injectors to get it to idle better, that i will do soon.

Im tired from work when i get off so sometimes it has to wait.

Ok heres the deal i didnt have my MAP sensor hooked up, Now its running more smoothly i thnink i can figure everything else from this point on Thanks.

Now my only problem is when i rev it then take my foot off the gas pedal it tries to die out instead of returning to normal idle like 900rpm

any tips ?

Ok heres the deal i didnt have my MAP sensor hooked up, Now its running more smoothly i thnink i can figure everything else from this point on Thanks.

Now my only problem is when i rev it then take my foot off the gas pedal it tries to die out instead of returning to normal idle like 900rpm

any tips ?

I think im good now it idles well starts well and i adjusted the idle VE for when i take my foot off the pedal it will return to proper idle.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok it starts idles and revs but now it bucks when i mash the gas hard, the wideband goes off the chart and when i let off the throttle

it will return to normal. it will drive down the street until i give it gas then its buck time.

16g

stock injectors

walbro pump

mk1 rising rate at 30 psi

MS1 simutanious injector fire should i go alternating?

im having trouble posting my files-can anyone share there MS1 constants and enrichments for a TB 16g set up?

What size injectors are they? It should be on alternating...What do the accel enrichments look like?

stock injectors black and green.

changed to alternating,

acc enr .5 , 2.0 , 4.0 , 7.7 .

req fuel 3.2

inj open time 1.2

bat volt cor .20

PWM current limit 45

" time thresh 1.2

fast idle 100

baro cor off

map 250

Your right to be on simultaneus...I didn't know you had the primary/secondary setup. I'll go over some of my maps for the accel enrichments. Scott will be better help with this...

What VE are you at at idle? 3.2 req fuel seems really low. Are the factory injectors low impedence?

Even though you can adjust your fuel pressure, i wouldn't adjust it to lean/richen the car. Set it to like 38 or so and you will have to bring your VE table down a little, but 30 is just a bit too low and you might be having problems when the injectors are throwing alot of fuel. keep a constant Pressure and Req fuel, and adjust your VE tables and other enrichments to get it running better.

What happens when you slowly go to full throttle? You may be confusing an accel enrichment problem with a untuned VE table problem. just a thought.

Even though you can adjust your fuel pressure, i wouldn't adjust it to lean/richen the car. Set it to like 38 or so and you will have to bring your VE table down a little, but 30 is just a bit too low and you might be having problems when the injectors are throwing alot of fuel. keep a constant Pressure and Req fuel, and adjust your VE tables and other enrichments to get it running better.

What happens when you slowly go to full throttle? You may be confusing an accel enrichment problem with a untuned VE table problem. just a thought.

when i go slowly the car will operate as its supposed to but it seems like i have to ride the clutch to move it.

the spec clutch is mild not to grabby.

the car will run once i slowly do it. i does the buck thing when i mash it hard.

WHERE IS THE LOVE AT ! AINT NOBODY HELPING ME THATS WHAT TIME IT IS? NOW I SEE WHAT *DM IS TALKING ABOUT.

WHEN I CAME TO THIS SITE I HELPED PEOPLE THE BEST I COULD WITH THE LITTLE BIT I KNEW ABOUT THIS CAR, NOW NOT THAT MANY PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO GET ME RUNNING GOOD LIKE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE BEEN HELPED GOOD.

IF ITS GONNA BE LIKE THAT THEN ITS TIME FOR ME TO LEAVE THIS SITE FOR A MORE LOVING SITE.

ITS ALL GOOD AT THE END OF THE DAY IT WILL JUST TAKE ME A LITTLE LONGER TO FIGURE IT OUT AND I GET TO LEARN A LOT MORE AS A RESULT.

IT DONT MEAN THAT I HATE THE SITE, JUST THAT I CANT EXPECT TO GET THE SAME LOVE AS OTHER MEMBERS. BUT I LOVE YOU ALL JUST KEEP THAT IN THE BACK OF YOUR MINDS. PEACE.

Edited by macrophage

WHERE IS THE LOVE AT ! AINT NOBODY HELPING ME THATS WHAT TIME IT IS? NOW I SEE WHAT *DM IS TALKING ABOUT.

WHEN I CAME TO THIS SITE I HELPED PEOPLE THE BEST I COULD WITH THE LITTLE BIT I KNEW ABOUT THIS CAR, NOW NOT THAT MANY PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO GET ME RUNNING GOOD LIKE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE BEEN HELPED GOOD.

IF ITS GONNA BE LIKE THAT THEN ITS TIME FOR ME TO LEAVE THIS SITE FOR A MORE LOVING SITE.

ITS ALL GOOD AT THE END OF THE DAY IT WILL JUST TAKE ME A LITTLE LONGER TO FIGURE IT OUT AND I GET TO LEARN A LOT MORE AS A RESULT.

IT DONT MEAN THAT I HATE THE SITE, JUST THAT I CANT EXPECT TO GET THE SAME LOVE AS OTHER MEMBERS. BUT I LOVE YOU ALL JUST KEEP THAT IN THE BACK OF YOUR MINDS. PEACE.

hold on a gosh darn second. You post with NO msq, NO log file on a mod that only a handful of people have completed successfully and you complain that people aren't telling you what to do to get your car running right?? if you have it running then you are ahead of ALOT of ppl trying to get a Megasquirt running

You've gotten more help here than you would have on MSefi's forums! does Kelly know much about MPI? There are more running MPIs on SQC than any other site. Posting like this is only gonna piss off 99% of SQC and you'll get zero help. People help because they want to, not because they have to share their knowledge.

Back on subhject, have you read the megamanual? it tells you how to tune your accel enrichments. try doing step by step on how they tell ya and once you have them tuned in pretty good see if you still have the problem when ya stomp the throttle.

I think you need to give the people that know how to help you a little more information and time. I am following the thread and looking forward to seeing this resolved. I just finished hooking up my MS harness, so it is only a matter of time until i am in the same boat.