so i decided to drive the porsche

spoolinturbo

It was scary!! :eek1bluegreen:

kinda hurt to get in and out of it..but when i tightened up the harness on me i was snug. (pain from accident haha)

Well...i noticed when i got there that the car was leaking coolant...great! so i look and its coming from the lower radiator hose up to the block where the thermostat is...ok thats cool...cause i figured it would do that because the thermostat i put in there, didnt have a hole to allow coolant to flow...so theres prob a lot of pressure in there.

so i goto a local german shop to see if they can lift it...drain it, drill it, fill it... he tells me "water pump is bad" just by putting his hand down there...and a water pump on a 944 is a $1400 job...cause u might as well change all ur oil seals while your at it and your timing belt. and you have to pull off all your gears and everything just to get to the pump.

so i go home and its just the hose...eff him haha.

clutch is slipping a little i think...but i think its just out of adjustment...

my water temp gauge took a crap, so im just keeping a close eye on oil..cause they go hand in hand i guess.

also i tried to put on my dang throttle cam...and its a no go...i need to adjust my cable...but its all messed up and so am i...so that will have to wait.

but heres some pix for those who have read my rant haha

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm52/spoolinturbo/CIMG0074.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm52/spoolinturbo/CIMG0072.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm52/spoolinturbo/CIMG0071.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm52/spoolinturbo/CIMG0073.jpg

haha yea, i didnt think the two tone thing would look good...but i guess ill leave it that way for a while.

I love the dash too! all i have to do is secure it better and it'll be straight!

if you were in this country i would have u look at it first minagera! lol. i cant wait to get that fiji! im sure my lady is sick of hearing me talk about it haha. im trying to talk her making the trip stat! haha

haha yea, i didnt think the two tone thing would look good...but i guess ill leave it that way for a while.

I love the dash too! all i have to do is secure it better and it'll be straight!

if you were in this country i would have u look at it first minagera! lol. i cant wait to get that fiji! im sure my lady is sick of hearing me talk about it haha. im trying to talk her making the trip stat! haha

LOL no worries dude. You take your time on that trip though, no need to rush. Just gotta remind Dave to drive it around every now and again.

Did I miss something? Is this a race car? I thought it was just a regular car needed a bit of finishing up..........

What's up with the dash? and when you're alone, who reads the guages on the pass. side?

Turborusty

i can actually see them pretty good =)

LOL no worries dude. You take your time on that trip though, no need to rush. Just gotta remind Dave to drive it around every now and again.

thanx a lot for that! and dave too for hookin me up!! see this is why i love the SQ community! its just full of awesome ppl!

and i was driving the car again today and now she dogs down under WOT...im guessing is my coil pack cause the stock wire doesnt fit over the msd blaster coil very well...blah. im def driving the pontiac tomorrow haha.

turbo or N/A?

Not quite sure yet........if I found a nice shape N/A one with a manual trans, it would be a good V8 swap candidate. If Turbo, then would probably stay with the stock powerplant.

Haven't ruled out a 928 either.....V8 5-spd.

Turborusty

Not quite sure yet........if I found a nice shape N/A one with a manual trans, it would be a good V8 swap candidate. If Turbo, then would probably stay with the stock powerplant.

Haven't ruled out a 928 either.....V8 5-spd.

Turborusty

the only kit for the swap is like $2100 =/ and doesnt include the low profile headers neither if i remember right. ive been thinking about it haha. if i were to get a turbo i would not get the 8v version. the 88 turbo s is the best one hands down.

a 928 would be awesome! =D

just hope you have a porsche mechanic in town with all the special tools needed for weird snap ring pliers, silly other wrenches, fly-wheel locks... =/ but dont gut it like i did mine...sounds like im racing on nurburgring everytime i drive the car haha :hmm3grin2orange:

i have drove 2 of the old 928's or what ever they were call'd v8's with rubber timeing belts,,both had the same problem,, timeing belt jump'd on the pass side cam gear ,,

but one thing for sure dam fun to drive,, deff kick a quest's but

the 88 turbo s is the best one hands down

If your gonna go 951,Id stick to the 86 model year..Although the turbo S makes a few more ponies,,parts are quite a bit more expensive than the 2.5 8V..The S motors can also be a bit more complicated as they are prone to tensioner,sprocket,and bushing failures..Besides,,the 86 model year is the only 951 that sports a negative offset wheel...If your gonna have a 944,,you gotta have Fuchs(wheels in pic above)...They are the most desirable Porsche rims,,they are forged,,the lightest,,and look the best..I love all 944s regardless..They are beautiful cars...

What do you think of a very clean 1986 944 Turbo 5spd? Considering buying it.......Whats ball park price on those? Runs great, 70k miles. Red on black.

What do you think of a very clean 1986 944 Turbo 5spd? Considering buying it.......Whats ball park price on those? Runs great, 70k miles. Red on black.

Beat 951s start at around 4k and can sell for as much as 15k...You should be able to buy a clean example with under 100k for about 7-8k.In this economy,,maybe a bit less....Make sure you buy a car with a known history and maintanance records..A 944/951 can put a hurtin on your wallet real quick..They are also not as friendly to the home mechanic like a Starquest...