Just sitting in the driveway......

DzNutz

I just gotta complain a lil here. I love the 4th and what it means and stands for..... BUT. It has gotten out of control. I have a sick 3 YO trying to sleep and I go out to have a smoke and it sounds like we are in the middle east. I swear a scud should be hitting our cul de sac any time now.

It really pisses me of that the fourth of July pisses me off anymore. I sit and think of my grandfather who was a scout at Normandy in WWII and then about all the lil punks around who think of the 4th as the day they get to blow sheet up.

Pisses me off......

Okay, Im done now.

Daryl

I just gotta complain a lil here. I love the 4th and what it means and stands for..... BUT. It has gotten out of control. I have a sick 3 YO trying to sleep and I go out to have a smoke and it sounds like we are in the middle east. I swear a scud should be hitting our cul de sac any time now.

It really pisses me of that the fourth of July pisses me off anymore. I sit and think of my grandfather who was a scout at Normandy in WWII and then about all the lil punks around who think of the 4th as the day they get to blow sheet up.

Pisses me off......

Okay, Im done now.

Daryl

im sorry to here bout you son/daughter but you know in a fiew years this is mostlikely gonna be his/her favorite holiday. 4th of july happens once a year and thats why every 1 is gettin drunk and having a blast blowin stuff up. thnk about when you were a kid.

well starquestjoe and i were sitting at his house working on my car today and well lets just say the guy down the street didnt have sucha good 4th of july either

his garage caught fire !!!

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk299/rosengrant826/Picture045.jpg

Been there man....I totally understand...what bugs me to no end is when Federal BLVD gets shut down for Cinco De Mayo....those sobs shoot anyone who is waving the red white n blue.....

pisses me off too. the local mexican wana be gangters that live 20 vatos to an apartment cant shoot off fieworks in the apartment complex so they park their s*** crap cars en mass anywhere and trash up the curbside and leave.

I guess I'm an arse too because I was just outside waking up the neighborhood with my fireworks

true that. i love blowing things up. today we launched a morter into a sewer tunnel

My F.O.B. (Fwd Operating Base) got rocketed, then the counter-battery opened up.......talk about shaking the foundation. I hope they smoked those fools.

Been there man....I totally understand...what bugs me to no end is when Federal BLVD gets shut down for Cinco De Mayo....those sobs shoot anyone who is waving the red white n blue.....

AMEN.

I guess what bothers me the most is that no one even knows we are allowed to do all this on the 4th. I dont mind fireworks but when your shooting off mortors above my house at midnight, it strikes a nerve.

I gurantee there will be 4th of July parties as the boy gets older but I also gurantee he will know WHY the day exists.

Its not 4thof july... FIREWORKS!

It IS 4th of July.... FREEDOM! go talk to a world war 2 veteran. I bet this would be a better country if that were the 4th tradition.

Yeah, I about had to kill my parent's neighbor. I've had a killer migraine since Friday night... and since we kind of have a houseful at my condo, I snuck away to veg out at my parent's house since they're all out of town for the weekend. My head was actually starting to feel a bit better Saturday night, and then the neighbor starts setting off World War III in the driveway...

Lighten up guys, at least you can get fireworks. In Los Angeles county it's illegal to buy sell or own fireworks. All they sell around here are those stupid confetti shooters.

You have to drive outside of LA county to get fireworks but they are the kiddie version. No mortars, rockets, firecrackers, etc. Basically all you can buy is overgrown sparklers. Also you can only buy them 1 week before the 4th, at no other time during the year can you get fireworks anywhere near here.

I can get fireworks... if I drive to SC or order them on the internetz :D .

I'm just wondering which guys here were never young enough to keep others kids up at night with fireworks or pipe bombs or whatever :P

But I guess we all have our nights... :biggrinumbrella1:

I'm just wondering which guys here were never young enough to keep others kids up at night with fireworks or pipe bombs or whatever :P

But I guess we all have our nights... :biggrinumbrella1:

I wasnt allowed frivolities like fireworks as a kid. I was raised by my grandparents whe grew up in the great depression and who was a scout in WWII. I was taught in that frame of mind. Just as well throw good food in the trash. It pisses me off also that all these illeagals are getting food stamps and low income housing yet are still able to blow $500 on fireworks. REALLY!?

I still did my share of fireworks but was raised to show respect for others so NEVER did them after 10.

Its over now so I'll wait till the next gross lack of any type of respect rears its ugly head to do another pissed off rant.

the 4th really has nothing to do with WW2... its about our independance from britain and the formation of our country.

I mention WWII due to my grandfather was a scout in WWII. Ask ANY veteran of ANY war to tell you what the 4th has to do with it.

I wasnt allowed frivolities like fireworks as a kid. I was raised by my grandparents whe grew up in the great depression and who was a scout in WWII. I was taught in that frame of mind. Just as well throw good food in the trash. It pisses me off also that all these illeagals are getting food stamps and low income housing yet are still able to blow $500 on fireworks. REALLY!?

I still did my share of fireworks but was raised to show respect for others so NEVER did them after 10.

Its over now so I'll wait till the next gross lack of any type of respect rears its ugly head to do another pissed off rant.

Now that you also mentioned it - I was raised by a father who is a ww2 vet, raised during the depression. I didn't have fireworks either. I was only pointing out that we were all young once and it's always someone elses turn to be young and we can't take that away from them.

I really didn't mean to hammer on you - some days i want to kill the Good Humor man for that inane song he plays from the truck :biggrinumbrella1:

PS I don't know wt.... immigrants have to do with any of this.

the 4th really has nothing to do with WW2... its about our independance from britain and the formation of our country.

I'd counter with saying that it is not DIRECTLY related to the holiday, yet stating that is has NOTHING to do with it is a stretch in the other direction of the correlation.

Semantics, I know. I personally DO see a connection.

Edited by averse

PS I don't know wt.... immigrants have to do with any of this.

Yeah... I just had a gerbal up my arse on that one. We got these "poor" immigrants (Mexicans) live down the road aways from us in low income housing getting food stamps and living for "free" off the state. They went to WYO and spent well over $500 on fireworks. Pissed me off.

ive spent plenty of time in the pissed off zone so i can totally relate to what your saying... when it all boils down, all thats worth getting worked up over is stuff you can actually control. some people are fine with doing as little as they can and getting gov aid and what-not. i personally take satisfaction that everything i own is because of my own hard work. as cliche as it may sound, it helps to focus on the lighter/bright side of things. probably doesnt help you much but i guess its better than getting pissed at whoever and doing something that gets you in trouble or brings you to their level.

as far as wwII, i suppose the 4th is a celebration of everyone throughout history who has fought for our countrys independance. i guess i associate that more with memmorial day but im gonna agree with you guys here as well. keep your chin up!

Yeah... I just had a gerbal up my arse on that one. We got these "poor" immigrants (Mexicans) live down the road aways from us in low income housing getting food stamps and living for "free" off the state. They went to WYO and spent well over $500 on fireworks. Pissed me off.

Well you didn't even start this in your original post - I was aware of that. :)