Vegas Nationals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OCT 15-17 2010

ScottyGibb and I (Roberto) are planning a Vegas Nationals in 2010 in about Sept/Oct..So not to overlap with other Nationals or PF...If this works out we may make it an annual event..

This will be close enough for our left coast brethren to attend affordably..Plus our east coast guys can fly in and attend as well on the cheap...

Yes we are looking for a hotel with secured parking. Scotty will locate some good spots for possible Drags and some AutoX..

Details will follow let us know what you would like to see and we will see what we can make happen...

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Due to the influx of people attending and people with questions about the VegasNats 2010 Meet please go to vegasnats2010@yahoo.com for your inquiries please include your first name and username..

This will simplify as many clubs are representing and need a better avenue to communicate..

Thanks Roberto

Edited by BrazilBoy

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes indeed, Roberto pm'd me about the possibility of holding a West coast event in 2010 in Las Vegas as the left coasters have never had a large national gathering,so let Brazil boy know what you think,i like the idea as i live here :hmm3grin2orange: , however im willing to in pitch in and make it happen if enough interest.

I'm down to help with this. Sin City is only a 4hr. drive from me.

If there was ever enough interest in gathering at Miller Motorsports Park here in Utah, I can talk to some people on the inside about renting the track [or a portion of it] for a day/weekend.

your drags, Starquests on the largest road course in North America is where it's at. :D

I'd be up for this but I think it shouldn't be called nationals since thats jlyrgr and ulrichwolf's event...yall should come up with a different name for it

Good point.... don't want to steal they're magic...I will PM them...

I'd be up for this but I think it shouldn't be called nationals since thats jlyrgr and ulrichwolf's event...yall should come up with a different name for it

This year jolly, tim, and some others did Nats. The first year it was Ken, Terry, Sherus and a few others at PF. Burton, Kate, and Tim hosted the one in Michigan. I don't think anyone has a problem with someone stepping up and doing all that is involved in hosting a big event like this.

Jimmy

This year jolly, tim, and some others did Nats. The first year it was Ken, Terry, Sherus and a few others at PF. Burton, Kate, and Tim hosted the one in Michigan. I don't think anyone has a problem with someone stepping up and doing all that is involved in hosting a big event like this.

Jimmy

Will you be able too fly out or drive out and join us Jimmy?

Edited by BrazilBoy

Why dont we do it Bi anually with the other Nats. One year easternish and the next westernish? I think east and west would be good for the community so all us western guys have one to go to also. Heck, maybe 2012 we host at altitude.... I bet we could get something going with Bandimere.... Dang it Roberto.... you got my brain smokin.

Why dont we do it Bi anually with the other Nats. One year easternish and the next westernish? I think east and west would be good for the community so all us western guys have one to go to also. Heck, maybe 2012 we host at altitude.... I bet we could get something going with Bandimere.... Dang it Roberto.... you got my brain smokin.
This is a very good idea as i know some West coast guys feel they are red headed step children when it comes to large sqc events,as for the open track im sure a lot of guys would be well into that idea, Utah is also one of my favorite states,maybe Dave o can scope out a town close by with a suitable hotel with a bar and large carpark, it doesnt have to be Vegas and Utah is a good place to get to for most,its early days in the idea, give Roberto your input.

This would be a good idea. The last so called "SoCal" meets have been limited because the organizing party has made it a "special invite" only event, which has really marginalized the StarQuest crowd on this side of town. We get low turn outs not because there isn't a lot of SQ guys but because most don't feel welcomed.

I'd be down for a Vegas meet, this could be a an all "west coast" meet. But I'd like to point something out, the SEMA Show is usually in October. I try to make it to the SEMA Show for business purposes, but if it was a mix of "west coast SQ" meet and SEMA I'd have even more reason to be there. Just a thought.

This would be a good idea. The last so called "SoCal" meets have been limited because the organizing party has made it a "special invite" only event, which has really marginalized the StarQuest crowd on this side of town. We get low turn outs not because there isn't a lot of SQ guys but because most don't feel welcomed.

I'd be down for a Vegas meet, this could be a an all "west coast" meet. But I'd like to point something out, the SEMA Show is usually in October. I try to make it to the SEMA Show for business purposes, but if it was a mix of "west coast SQ" meet and SEMA I'd have even more reason to be there. Just a thought.

Now thats the kind of input we need...yes putting it with sema would be rock n roll...Thanks

Oh yea no special invite BS the only requirement is that you respect the mighty starquest...thats it

Edited by BrazilBoy

And dont forget as well as Cali, Arizona has large membership numbers,prolly due to the lack of rust :hmm3grin2orange: , like i said its early days in Brazil boys suggestion ,plenty of time for ideas and input.

Now thats the kind of input we need...yes putting it with sema would be rock n roll...Thanks

Oh yea no special invite BS the only requirement is that you respect the mighty starquest...thats it

The Sema Show this year is Nov. 3rd through Nov. 6, maybe around the same time in 2010. If you get an early enough jump start w/ organizing the event I guarantee you'll get alot of SQ members to attend.

The Sema Show this year is Nov. 3rd through Nov. 6, maybe around the same time in 2010. If you get an early enough jump start w/ organizing the event I guarantee you'll get alot of SQ members to attend.

http://www.maniact.com/Images_T-shirts/Hannibal%20I%20Love%20It%20When%20a%20Plan%20Comes%20Together%20A-Team_small.gif

WOOT I want a Vegas invasion...

http://www.maniact.com/Images_T-shirts/Hannibal%20I%20Love%20It%20When%20a%20Plan%20Comes%20Together%20A-Team_small.gif

WOOT I want a Vegas invasion...

That, would be good. Vegas/ SQ/ Sema Show, sound like a winning combination.