EXHAUST: what to buy? is TEP really garbage?

gwadd85

so ive heard that raceTEP.com exhausts are garbage. i have no idea if this is true or not. ive heard the downpipes hit the engine block or something?? anyway, i know the exhaust i will be choosing will be a 2.5 inch catless turbo back exhaust. i do not wanna do custom because it seems too hard. i was thinking TEP downpipe and b-pipe (midpipe), and HKS catback system. is this a good setup? are the TEP products really that bad? anywhere else i can get a 2.5 inch (must be mandrel bent) downpipe and mid-pipe (b-pipe)??

thanks,

Graham

so ive heard that raceTEP.com exhausts are garbage. i have no idea if this is true or not. ive heard the downpipes hit the engine block or something?? anyway, i know the exhaust i will be choosing will be a 2.5 inch catless turbo back exhaust. i do not wanna do custom because it seems too hard. i was thinking TEP downpipe and b-pipe (midpipe), and HKS catback system. is this a good setup? are the TEP products really that bad? anywhere else i can get a 2.5 inch (must be mandrel bent) downpipe and mid-pipe (b-pipe)??

thanks,

Graham

I have exactly what you described. A TEP downpipe and B pipe + HKS cat back. Sounds great and fit ok. I had to tweak the HKS just a hair but otherwise everything fits and works great. It may be the TEP pipes that threw the HKS off but it was minor.

My tep 2.5 down pipe has been on there for at least 7 years. There price's tend to be high and they have been in the game longer than anyone else so they have have accumulated a lot of haters. If you search around you might find the hks for less else where. I had a used hks for a while, it was fine. I went with a muffler shop 2.5 from the down pipe back when the hks wore out. Do your home work on muffler shops, ask around and look at the work they have done on other cars, a lot of them do horrible work. There is also *DM. Edited by StarquestRescue

problem is most shops now a days wont TOUCH a car without a cat on it. i would say leave the pre-cat on it and take it to them and have them do it from the pre-cat back, since the TEP downpipe is the same as the pre-cat basically.

my TEP 2.5 DP has NO clearance issues at all. i just made my own little side exhaust for mine.