Looking for good Center link etc...

Starwolf

How many times does it need to be said??... the only place to get a new one is the dealer. Go to them with a part number or guaranteed they will tell you its NLA. It was $103 when I bought it a year ago(YES, from the dealer) but last I saw it was $130 something.

Its 129.99 i believe from the dealer.

I understand that its the only way you can get a "new" one.

Are these not reusable? or at least if they are in good condition?

I have already checked mitsu before the post i was just wandering what my other options were ;)

If the ends are still in good shape why not eh? :P

Do you realize how much work it is to install it? Why even risk the time installing something used, not to mention the $60-$80 for the alingment youll need once its installed. Just buy a new one and be done with it. Get one for yourself while they are still available.

Do you realize how much work it is to install it? Why even risk the time installing something used, not to mention the $60-$80 for the alingment youll need once its installed. Just buy a new one and be done with it. Get one for yourself while they are still available.

Not trying to jack your thread! But what makes a used center links so unpopular? Wouldn't it be the same amount of work to install a used as it would be a new one? Still have to have an alignment too, right?

Yes but i was trying to make sure the rubber from the used wasnt bad...so its still in good shape.

As far as why not buy new...well $40 compared to $120.

Even now though...i checked today and Mitsubishi says they dont have any centerlinks anymore...so used it is :(

i got mine from professor quest. my steering was HORRIBLE cause my center link was shot.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/silverquest/bodywork/Picture2019.jpg

i also got a good condition lower ball joint too cause my passenger side on was shot.

i have even converted over to manual steering and that center link is holding strong and i have no more slop in my steering.

I have a used one but I think the rubber maybe split from using the tool to take off such joints. I'll have to check on it again. Not bent though. Was removed from the car because I did a complete overhaul restore.

I saw yours today. It is split! :eek1bluegreen: LoL!

No, I think I did see it sitting there, but I didn't look too close. I was more impressed with the entire new set-up you have ready to go in! Very nice.

starwolf just email him and ask him: waynescoolworld@netzero.net

he ordered NEW boots for me too cause those are still avalible, he can get them for you if needed or you can order them yourself. this should help ya.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d182/Professor-Quest123/steering/SC-79.jpg

I ordered one about 3 weeks ago and one got damaged by FED EX lol.So cherry hill mitsubishi got me another one with in a week.I just installed it this past weekend along with all the tie rods and both lower ball joints. Good luck.

Dan

pretty hard to damage just by shipping it. Ooops I'm sry My bad you did say fedex

Dad

Thats what I said too lol.I could not get off of work to drive to the warehouse and really see what happened to it,so cherryhill mitsubishi sent a new one.

Starwolf, I've been searching also and I found them through a dealer where I live, I get a small discount because I work for another local dealer. They want $120 and it takes 2-3 days they told me. Let me know if I can help you out. I'm planning to order mine soon.

Neil