replacement 11/32 hose for ABS

89PalermoSHP

Just to edit this and to make it easier for anyone who may come across this issue in the future(and cant find it locally at your favorite parts place)

Order Goodyear hose 65119 from Autozone. Its 1.6ft long and $10. This hose is specifically made for PCV application so its intended for vac.

Im replating the abs line that goes along the firewall and I cannot seem to find 11/32 hose to replace the ~2" section and ~4" sections on either end of it.

I see its listed as a size from goodyear and is labled "PCV" hose but none of the stores I visited today has it. Oreilys has it available in 50' rolls but theres not a chance Im buying that much.

http://shop.oreillyauto.com/ProductDetail....egoryCode=3604H

Any ideas?

Edited by 89PalermoSHP

If you don't find what you need, just use 3/8". You won't notice the 1/32" difference (.031"). It only sees vacuum so it will need to be a bit stiff so it doesn't colapse. A good hose clamp will make up that 1/32" difference.

I'm sure you can use the stock clamps, they are a quality design. My clamp coment was to point out that the clamp will overcome the small diameter difference of 3/8" with little trouble.

On the 75+ magnas that I've turned out, all have had a 3/8" brake booster port/nipple for use with the 11/32" booster hose, never heard of a single problem with them being the wrong size. I know that is going the other way with the size difference too though. I know many have used 3/8" on custom booster hose replacements too.

there is a diff in the 11/32 vacuum hose and 3/8 hose the walls are much harder on the 11/32 to stop it from colapseing,, 3/8 hose will some times work but stay away from any 3/8 hose that is mash'd as in the last on the roll these hoses that have been smash'd will easily colapse and not vacuum will get thru them

if you check major parts stores esp ones witha warehouse localy you stand a good chance of finding it ,,now warehouses will only sell full rolls so check a store to see if it has an opem roll or check with a local big rig repair shop

thanks Shelby...thats the key is finding someone whos got an open roll. I can order a 50' roll right now but I would prefer not to. I guess I could and sell it here for $1 a foot but I doubt many people really care about it.

89PalermoSHP,

I'll go by the store where I purchased mine from tomorrow and pick up a foot of it for you. What did you plate yours with? I'm having a local biz, zinc plate a few items for me.

Will get in touch with you tomorrow.

Rgds,

Jms

that would be stellar... Im hoping to start assembling everything this weekend but theres a couple other things I need anyhow.

Im going to call each and every napa in the twin cities area tomorrow so hopefully I can find it local. I certainly appreciate it though.

everything is getting zinc plated, yes. ill get some pics of that as well :)

Have you tried places that are not automotive specific? Maybe http://www.customhose.net/ has what you need, according to their website they have three locations in the Twin Cities, one being in Shoreview and stock 1,000,000 parts.

Here are some other non-automotive places that are local. http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&r...esults&cd=1

Good Luck, I'm in the North/Northwestern burbs and could swing by a place in my area if needed.

I think Im going to call every napa around tomorrow and hopefully it will be settled. Goodyear lists a hose that 11/32 and specifically for vac so it exsists, its just the issue of finding it.

Were growing here in the twin cities... theres 4 of us so far, youll have to meet up with us once the weather gets a littel better and a couple of us have running cars :)

OK... finally since no one has it locally I found out by calling goodyear directly that I can order just over a foot of it for about $10. Autozone has to order it from them since they dont sell to the public and the part number is 65119 for the 1.6ft length. 2 days is all it will take.

Did you order it then from Autozone? I promised to pick it up for you today, but was unable to drop by. If you didn't order it, I can for sure do so tomorrow. Let me know...

Rgds,

Jms