Pics of my MPI buildup

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump  :)

What manifold are you running on that badboy. Everything looks great!  8)

Its a manifold made by "Chad" from this board.

If precision hadn't forgot about my damn order, I would've been done w/ everything but the stand alone!  Should be here tomorrow, and I will have pics of all my piping/exhaust/external up this weekend.  For the time being, heres a teaser  ;D

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/189/189048/folders/174266/1304007starinter.jpg

I think this is the new hot thing in MPI  hahaha!

Hay 1_Bad_68

Chad is building my manifold to0 ( i just love the design )

the intercooler I was looking into looks alot like yours.  the end tanks are alittle different though.  

My T04E/St3 .50a/r is not as wild as your T4,   :o maaann  your s*** is gonna screem.  you should tape your 1st dyno run and post it up.  

;D I bet it'll sound like a tractor pull or somthing.

What size injectors are you going to run?

Hay 1_Bad_68

the intercooler I was looking into looks alot like yours.  the end tanks are alittle different though.  

My T04E/St3 .50a/r is not as wild as your T4,   :o maaann  your s*** is gonna screem.  you should tape your 1st dyno run and post it up.  

Damn good choice on a intake manifold  ;D

Hay 1_Bad_68

I will   ;D  I co-own a local stereo shop, and I lease a bay out to my buddy and some of our floor space for him to sell performance parts and have a dyno.  This translates into lots of dyno time to be had.  Car had 236whp/267tq  to start with.  He has a dynojet whichever model will do 1200hp.  Think its next up from the smallest.  

I'm picking up the car tonight, should have pics of the IC/ic pipes, downpipe and external up tonight.  I went over last night to give him 20" of 3" for the rest of  my exhaust (from where i cut it iout before taking it to him) and its damn sexy!!  

Hey guys, not trying to forget about you, but I have yet to see the car since the night I picked it up from getting all my piping made.   :-[  With the Holidays I've been real busy at work and at home and travelling a lot lately.  I'd like to say that in the next 2 weeks I'll have time to stop by and get some nice close up pics of the awesome fab work the guy did for me!  I'm waiting till after Christmas to order the SDS system.  Its frustrating for me being so close, but at the same time I don't need to spend $1300 on myself right at Christmas nor do I have time to finish the car up/do wiring before the fist of the year anyways if I was to order it!  The lady I sleep next  to everynight might want some presents under teh tree come Christmas also.   ;D

Hey guys, not trying to forget about you, but I have yet to see the car since the night I picked it up from getting all my piping made.   :-[  With the Holidays I've been real busy at work and at home and travelling a lot lately.  I'd like to say that in the next 2 weeks I'll have time to stop by and get some nice close up pics of the awesome fab work the guy did for me!  I'm waiting till after Christmas to order the SDS system.  Its frustrating for me being so close, but at the same time I don't need to spend $1300 on myself right at Christmas nor do I have time to finish the car up/do wiring before the fist of the year anyways if I was to order it!  The lady I sleep next  to everynight might want some presents under teh tree come Christmas also.   ;D

If she really loves you, she'll want YOU to be happy! ;D

Got new factory rods and had them shot peened and magnafluxed.  Wiseco forged pistons from Otis @ Midwest.  Forged rods had a 4 month waiting period and a high $700 figure on them, and everyone I talked to said for what I was doing worked stock rods would hold up.  If they don't, I have another block and I'll spend the extra for forged rods next engine.  I do all my own work...just takes my time.

Also has balance shafts removed w/ a full balance on the bottom end.

Forgot to add, I have a friend that has that turbo on a 2.4 in a DSM.  He has put 617hp down on the dyno.  He just sold the car but was very happy with the end result.  Do you think you will have any compressor stall problems due to the head not flowing enough to keep up?

Thats one area I did not do any research in.   :-[  That going to be my downfall?  I've caught the bug and wanting to turbocharge the lexus now!  I was trying to hold out till atleat 50K when the warranty is up, but damnit it'd be sweet now!   ;D

I'm starting to go crazy since I haven't touched the car in so long and I"ve already spent so much.  Its about time for her to ride!  What do you predict is going to happen as far as air flow?  How do you compare the 4g head to the G54b?  I had a '92 Laser AWD before.  Had a forced Performance Green on it.  Ran consistent 11.6's w/ 2.5 pressbent exhaust.  Would have like to see what 3" mandrel would have done.   :-/

oh, kick a**!  I just sold my 92 AWD.  Well, i'm just saying, the engine won't be able to do much with all that air once that mother spools!  You'll have to rev it.  The head and of course that manifold are going to hold you back.  You need chad's header!  As for the head, ported clear water or some other non-JV head.  Marnal or the like.  You can only take them so far.  I'm in the same boat as you.  This is what you get for pushing the limits!  Atleast your not trying to put a 17C on it ::)

• 2 weeks later...